Haye v Klitschoko, July 2nd, 10pm

TheMoog

Klitschko won the fight hands down but it looked to me like he threw 2 punches the whole fights, left jab and right straight. Seemed more interested in keeping Haye away from his chin than actually having a fight

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haye is not really a heavyweight, and he hoped he could catch Wladimir with a lucky punch. Crap gameplan, and Wladimir has been a decent gentleman pre-match so I'm not disappointed.

Haye should retire or go back to the cruiserweight division.

Shit fight from haye. Way too cautious. Klitscko is a very ordinary fighter but Haye never got near him. He needs to beca lot more agressive if he wants to fight as a heavy weight again. Can't see how he'd want to retire after that no show.

Klitschko won the fight hands down but it looked to me like he threw 2 punches the whole fights, left jab and right straight. Seemed more interested in keeping Haye away from his chin than actually having a fight

Did that fight excite you? Do you think Haye is still worthy of comparison to Ali?

Nowhere to hide when your actions don't back up your words like. He looked an utter twat taking his boot off to show the world his booboo as well. :huh: Fighters have won fights with a lot worse than broken toes down the years. He just got outfought and seemed to have a gameplan that consisted entirely of throwing wild overhand rights and hoping one connected. Brilliant.

Sky commentary as well trying to convince people they'd seen a tremendous fight. We've got eyes, you twats.

Mr J Barton summed up it best i think ;)

He's not thrown a toe in.........took being a hype-up muppet to the next level this buffoon. Even karate kid won with a broken foot....

:huh:

Wasnt arsed about Haye winning like as he comes across a bit of a twat while Klitschko came across pretty level headed. I watched it like but overall was a let down apart from the odd burst in a couple of rounds. Didnt really expect much more though tbh. Well, maybe from Haye I did due to all his hype.

Haye is not really a heavyweight, and he hoped he could catch Wladimir with a lucky punch. Crap gameplan, and Wladimir has been a decent gentleman pre-match so I'm not disappointed.

Haye should retire or go back to the cruiserweight division.

Not a fan of boxing at all and I realise the macho pre-fight posing is part and parcel of the whole thing but I caught about two seconds of a PR event from a couple of weeks ago where at the end Klitchsko offered Haye his hand and he refused - I instantly thought what a wanker and I hope you lose.

Klitschko did the right thing, closed haye down and kept him at the end of his jab and straight right. haye was just not good enough. all the post fight rubbish makes him out to be a pretty terrible loser.

what next for the heavyweight division?

Watched a cracking stream of it, everything tickedy-boo until it went down around 10th and scrambled for another which was frickin German. aanly went into literally 10 minutes of adverts at the final bell and came back on well after the decision :huh: Damn Gormans .

Glad Haye got shut up like. Since his sacreligious Ali recreated poses before last fight and his pre-fight face-to-face talkup for this one I was hoping the gobshite'd get banged out .

Yeah, he took his boot off in the post-fight interview to show everybody :huh:

got worse than that , took a pic in the changing room comparing both feet and put it on twitter with the same piss poor excuse.

The pundits were clearly told to lay off him in the post bout stuff as well, when it first went back to them they all slated him completely , lewis basically said "broken toe, broken leg, sore arm, when you get in there you just forget about it" ;),

then when it came back to them after the Klitschoko interview they were a fair bit more sympathetic

Did you also get onto when they had microphone in his corner when he was looking a bit flakey, his trainer basically saying he had to go after him and wasn't doing so well . Jim bloody Watt was in like a shot to talk over any of the negativity . Sky protecting their investment etc. but thought that was poor of them.

There was an interesting interview on HBO aired before the fight where Max Kellerman asked each boxer why they didn't like each other. Klitschko said because Haye was bad for the sport and an embarrasment but quite a well thought out answer as you'd expect. Haye responded that Klitshko is a dickhead. Full stop.

I didn't think it get more embarassing for Haye but after watching that fight, Haye shouldn't have been in the ring with Klitschko. As for Adam Booth, Freddie Roache doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder if Booth thought that game plan was going to work. He might as well wrap it in along with Haye.

Bad night for British boxing but an even worse night for Haye who showed that he's just an illiterate loud mouth who can't walk the walk.

• 3 months later...

Former world heavyweight boxing champion David Haye is set to announce his retirement.

The Londoner informed the British Boxing Board of Control he did not want to renew his licence.

Haye, who celebrates his 31st birthday on Thursday, always said he would not fight on past the age of 30.

However, many expected the Briton would delay his decision for at least one more big fight, possibly against Ukraine's Vitali Klitschko.

His last fight was against Klitschko's brother, Wladimir, last July when he lost his WBA world title by an unamimous points decision in Hamburg.

moar

david+haye+toe+injury.jpg

Edited by Barney

If he sticks by his decision, fair play. Yes made millions and he can make plenty doing punditry on Sky, I'm sure.

I don't want to hear in eighteen months time that he's back to clean the division up or owt though.