Sign in to follow this  
McFaul

2011/2012 In Football

Me and Happy Face were the only two who correctly stated the toon would come 12th last year, we did them in the June, so it's about time we did this years predictions.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

4 Arsenal

5 Tottenham

6 Dippers

7 Newcastle

8 Sunderland

9 Blue Dippers

10 Aston Villa

11 Bolton

12 Fulham

13 QPR

14 Stoke

15 WBA

16 Wolves

17 Wigan

18 Blackburn

19 Norwich

20 Swansea

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Tottenham

CL: Barcelona

EC: Spain

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Arsenal

4 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

8 Newcastle

16 Wolves

17 Norwich

18 QPR

19 Wigan

20 Swansea

FA Cup: Man U

League Cup: Arsenal

EC: Spain

Struggling to predict the rest of those places with any confidence.

I think it's too early to predict - as it depends on things such as who Chelsea and Man City bring in. The outgoings at Arsenal etc.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

4 Arsenal (if they don't lose RVP)

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

Without decent strikers how you see us finishing 7th/8th i don't know tbh, we litterally have 0 goalscorers at the minute, Ameobi and co don't count at all.

13th is based on an awful lot of draws and us boring the life out of people.

Edited by Ant

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

Without decent strikers how you see us finishing 7th/8th i don't know tbh, we litterally have 0 goalscorers at the minute, Ameobi and co don't count at all.

Ba?

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

If rumours are to be believed, we'll play 4 4 1 1 a lot of the time next season, and there's a load of options if we get N'Zogbia with Ben Arfa too. I think we'll sign this Erdinc and that will be it for strikers with Shola and Lovenkrands battling it out with Ba. We all have opinions about Shola, but he is not as shite as the vast majority make him out to be.

I dont think saying we have 0 goalscorers is fair. The back of the net can be found by Ba, Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Barton(?)

Who would you have listed last November? Carroll, Nolan, Ameobi, Barton (?)

If we add Erding the squad has as many goalscorers as last season. Merveaux knows where the goal is too. We've lost 23 goals from Carroll and Nolan but we scored 56 in the league. If Ba get 10+, Ben Arfa should knock in 5+ and Merveax might surprise a few people too. We are missing a few goals still but people might be predicting better than 13th since they expect us to sign a striker.

If we dont, then i think we'll struggle to better last season.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

If rumours are to be believed, we'll play 4 4 1 1 a lot of the time next season, and there's a load of options if we get N'Zogbia with Ben Arfa too. I think we'll sign this Erdinc and that will be it for strikers with Shola and Lovenkrands battling it out with Ba. We all have opinions about Shola, but he is not as shite as the vast majority make him out to be.

He really is Stevie man, he's lazy with an awful touch and dire positioning,

less than 70 goals in his career as a striker and he's 29, that's so bad that even Alan Smith has almost as many goals as Shola theres only like 4 in it.

Except shola's includes nearly 30games in the championship and god knows how many fa cup/league cup games against nobodies.

Sorry but less than 70 goals in all competitions at the age of 29 and making over 300 apps is god awful.

I dont think saying we have 0 goalscorers is fair. The back of the net can be found by Ba, Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Barton(?)

If we add Erding the squad has as many goalscorers as last season. Merveaux knows where the goal is too. We've lost 23 goals from Carroll and Nolan but we scored 56 in the league. If Ba get 10+, Ben Arfa should knock in 5+ and Merveax might surprise a few people too. We are missing a few goals still but people might be predicting better than 13th since they expect us to sign a striker.

I didn't say we had decent goalscorers last year either chez, we got lucky, especially for the return Nolan had and the half a season carroll performed for us... and ameobi and barton together only got 10 league goals between them ffs so i wouldn't be pinning your hopes on them.

Your also forgetting a lot of ours were from set pieces or frankly drubbings that we are unlikely to repeat anytime soon, nevermind losing the distractions carroll and nolan cause at set pieces.

Sorry but look back at all the IF's in your paragraph, if the midfielders chip in for 5+ each, if Ba with the dodgey knee gets over 10

If's don't cut it for 7th/8th place, Ifs are for mid-table/slightly over relegation teams.

Edited by Ant

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

Ba?

Ba's good but he gets crocked which lets face it he will, theres no way he'll play every league game, he's not going provide enough to make up for not having someone more capable beside him.

If Ba is our #1 striker we're simply not good enough for 7th or 8th.

Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City.

I can't see us finishing just behind them myself with the squad sitting the way it is.

i'll put "We won't finish 8th or higher" in the prediction thread if we don't sign a decent striker

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

less than 70 goals in his career as a striker and he's 29, that's so bad that even Alan Smith has almost as many goals as Shola theres only like 4 in it.

Except shola's includes nearly 30games in the championship and god knows how many fa cup/league cup games against nobodies.

Sorry but less than 70 goals in all competitions at the age of 29 and making over 300 apps is god awful.

He's lazy as fuck, and he pisses me right off, but when he can be arsed he's a canny player. Shola could score Maradona's goal against England and people would say it was a fluke. The vast majority of fans have got it in for him. I was taakin to this kid at the reserves and he was saying when Shola scores he doesnt count it as a goal cos he hates his laziness that much, the fact is he's on occasion a fucking good player.

Yes he is. Put him up for transfer and you wouldn't find a taker in the premier league.

Don't talk wank.

You wouldn't find a taker in the top half where you're looking to finish that's for sure.

QPR Norwich Swansea Wolves etc maybe.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

He's lazy as fuck, and he pisses me right off, but when he can be arsed he's a canny player. Shola could score Maradona's goal against England and people would say it was a fluke. The vast majority of fans have got it in for him. I was taakin to this kid at the reserves and he was saying when Shola scores he doesnt count it as a goal cos he hates his laziness that much, the fact is he's on occasion a fucking good player.

Which is why in a long career his return is pathetic, because once in a blue moon he's not a useless spastic.

sorry but a team looking to finish where people are predicting that sort of player should never ever ever be an option.

he's not even in the top 40 goalscorers for last year for instance

Edited by Ant

I didn't say we had decent goalscorers last year either chez, we got lucky, especially for the return Nolan had and the half a season carroll performed for us... and ameobi and barton together only got 10 league goals between them ffs so i wouldn't be pinning your hopes on them.

Your also forgetting a lot of ours were from set pieces or frankly drubbings that we are unlikely to repeat anytime soon, nevermind losing the distractions carroll and nolan cause at set pieces.

Sorry but look back at all the IF's in your paragraph, if the midfielders chip in for 5+ each, if Ba with the dodgey knee gets over 10

If's don't cut it for 7th/8th place, Ifs are for mid-table/slightly over relegation teams.

2. One saying if we sign a striker / Erding and one saying if we dont. :huh:

At present we are worse off but one striker makes us better off as hypothetically speaking (and this is not a formation) Ba, Erding, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Barton / Jonas is a better attacking line up than last season.

Edit - ok 3 ifs but the third one is about Ba doing what he has done for all of his career.

Edited by ChezGiven

Guest alex

Despite his (very) inconsistent first touch, his poor injury record, his inability to play 90 mins (he's fucked after an hour), his poor aerial ability (especially given his height) and his questionable work rate :huh: I do have a little bit of time for Shola and can see where Stevie is coming from. The stick he gets at times is uncalled for as well which is probably where my soft spot for him stems for (along with his record against the mackems).

Despite his (very) inconsistent first touch, his poor injury record, his inability to play 90 mins (he's fucked after an hour), his poor aerial ability (especially given his height) and his questionable work rate :huh: I do have a little bit of time for Shola and can see where Stevie is coming from. The stick he gets at times is uncalled for as well which is probably where my soft spot for him stems for (along with his record against the mackems).

SBR built him up too much. At every opportunity SBR would say "Shola is the future of Newcastle United", and it's always felt like he's carried a lot on his shoulders from a young age. I reckon three words "AH SHOLA MAN!!" will be said at least 150,000 times by the people in the ground on an average Saturday even when it's not his fault.

Guest alex

SBR built him up too much. At every opportunity SBR would say "Shola is the future of Newcastle United", and it's always felt like he's carried a lot on his shoulders from a young age. I reckon three words "AH SHOLA MAN!!" will be said at least 150,000 times by the people in the ground on an average Saturday even when it's not his fault.

Genuinely think his hip has been fucked for years. Not saying he'd have been a world-beater were that not the case btw.

So basically we all think he's crap then but there's a touch of "awww come on look the poor wee souls trying...sort of" :huh:

Guest alex
So basically we all think he's crap then but there's a touch of "awww come on look the poor wee souls trying...sort of" :D

Basically ;)

Tbh, I blame the people in charge for keep giving him contracts. It's difficult to believe how long he's been at the club. KK is the only one who seems to have seen through him. Apparently he's awesome in training though :huh:

At the end of the day I've been going to games since I was 7 years of age. 1985. I walk out the ground listening to arseholes talking wank like "Shola's the shitest striker av ever fokkin seen like the lazy cunt", when I could name 20-25 worse strikers I've seen for the toon than him. He's demonised.

1 Chelsea

2 Man City

3 Man Utd

4 Arsenal

5 Liverpool

6 Tottenham

7 Newcastle

8 Sunderland

9 Aston Villa

10 Everton

11 Fulham

12 Bolton

13 Stoke

14 Blackburn

15 QPR

16 Swansea

17 Wigan

18 WBA

19 Wolves

20 Norwich

FA Cup: Liverpool

League Cup: Man City

EC: Germany

At the end of the day I've been going to games since I was 7 years of age. 1985. I walk out the ground listening to arseholes talking wank like "Shola's the shitest striker av ever fokkin seen like the lazy cunt", when I could name 20-25 worse strikers I've seen for the toon than him. He's demonised.

He's demonised though because asides from performing against the mackems he's been awful for the majority of his career though.

If we had a lad not raised in toon in our squad with the same time served,money earned and performance stats as shola you'd be going mental.

Games against the smb's and the air of a "little engine that could" keeps shola safe from worse abuse.

It's the laziness that slays me every game though,thats my real bugbear. I wouldn't mind anywhere near half as much if he at least put effort in and it just wasn't going his way, but he can hardly be arsed to run for a ball 80% of the time he's on the pitch, and it's not even berbatov laziness where it looks like he's just slooping around but actually he's making a contribution and getting assists, he's just lazy.

balls being played to him for his first touch to send 20yards away, miss the ball completely or just not able to move the 10yards to get on to it, i don't think any player has ever frustrated me as much. *grumble*

It's an awful sign when you look up team sheets and you're checking to see if shola and perch or on before anything else.

1. Chelsea

2. Red Scum

3. Arsenal

4. Light Blue Scum

5. Tottenham

6. Everton

7. That massive team that Carroll went to to "win trophies"

8. Fulham

9. Newcastle

10. Bolton

11. Stoke

12. Blackburn