2011/2012 In Football

McFaul

Me and Happy Face were the only two who correctly stated the toon would come 12th last year, we did them in the June, so it's about time we did this years predictions.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

4 Arsenal

5 Tottenham

6 Dippers

7 Newcastle

8 Sunderland

9 Blue Dippers

10 Aston Villa

11 Bolton

12 Fulham

13 QPR

14 Stoke

15 WBA

16 Wolves

17 Wigan

18 Blackburn

19 Norwich

20 Swansea

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Tottenham

CL: Barcelona

EC: Spain

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Arsenal

4 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

8 Newcastle

16 Wolves

17 Norwich

18 QPR

19 Wigan

20 Swansea

FA Cup: Man U

League Cup: Arsenal

EC: Spain

Struggling to predict the rest of those places with any confidence.

I think it's too early to predict - as it depends on things such as who Chelsea and Man City bring in. The outgoings at Arsenal etc.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

4 Arsenal (if they don't lose RVP)

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

Without decent strikers how you see us finishing 7th/8th i don't know tbh, we litterally have 0 goalscorers at the minute, Ameobi and co don't count at all.

13th is based on an awful lot of draws and us boring the life out of people.

Ba?

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

Without decent strikers how you see us finishing 7th/8th i don't know tbh, we litterally have 0 goalscorers at the minute, Ameobi and co don't count at all.

If rumours are to be believed, we'll play 4 4 1 1 a lot of the time next season, and there's a load of options if we get N'Zogbia with Ben Arfa too. I think we'll sign this Erdinc and that will be it for strikers with Shola and Lovenkrands battling it out with Ba. We all have opinions about Shola, but he is not as shite as the vast majority make him out to be.

I dont think saying we have 0 goalscorers is fair. The back of the net can be found by Ba, Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Barton(?)

Who would you have listed last November? Carroll, Nolan, Ameobi, Barton (?)

If we add Erding the squad has as many goalscorers as last season. Merveaux knows where the goal is too. We've lost 23 goals from Carroll and Nolan but we scored 56 in the league. If Ba get 10+, Ben Arfa should knock in 5+ and Merveax might surprise a few people too. We are missing a few goals still but people might be predicting better than 13th since they expect us to sign a striker.

If we dont, then i think we'll struggle to better last season.

1 Chelsea

2 Man Utd

3 Man City

5 Liverpool

6 Spurs

13 Newcastle

15 Blackburn

16 Wigan

17 Wolves

18 QPR

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

If rumours are to be believed, we'll play 4 4 1 1 a lot of the time next season, and there's a load of options if we get N'Zogbia with Ben Arfa too. I think we'll sign this Erdinc and that will be it for strikers with Shola and Lovenkrands battling it out with Ba. We all have opinions about Shola, but he is not as shite as the vast majority make him out to be.

He really is Stevie man, he's lazy with an awful touch and dire positioning,

less than 70 goals in his career as a striker and he's 29, that's so bad that even Alan Smith has almost as many goals as Shola theres only like 4 in it.

Except shola's includes nearly 30games in the championship and god knows how many fa cup/league cup games against nobodies.

Sorry but less than 70 goals in all competitions at the age of 29 and making over 300 apps is god awful.

He's lazy as fuck, and he pisses me right off, but when he can be arsed he's a canny player. Shola could score Maradona's goal against England and people would say it was a fluke. The vast majority of fans have got it in for him. I was taakin to this kid at the reserves and he was saying when Shola scores he doesnt count it as a goal cos he hates his laziness that much, the fact is he's on occasion a fucking good player.

I dont think saying we have 0 goalscorers is fair. The back of the net can be found by Ba, Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Barton(?)

Who would you have listed last November? Carroll, Nolan, Ameobi, Barton (?)

If we add Erding the squad has as many goalscorers as last season. Merveaux knows where the goal is too. We've lost 23 goals from Carroll and Nolan but we scored 56 in the league. If Ba get 10+, Ben Arfa should knock in 5+ and Merveax might surprise a few people too. We are missing a few goals still but people might be predicting better than 13th since they expect us to sign a striker.

If we dont, then i think we'll struggle to better last season.

I didn't say we had decent goalscorers last year either chez, we got lucky, especially for the return Nolan had and the half a season carroll performed for us... and ameobi and barton together only got 10 league goals between them ffs so i wouldn't be pinning your hopes on them.

Your also forgetting a lot of ours were from set pieces or frankly drubbings that we are unlikely to repeat anytime soon, nevermind losing the distractions carroll and nolan cause at set pieces.

Sorry but look back at all the IF's in your paragraph, if the midfielders chip in for 5+ each, if Ba with the dodgey knee gets over 10

If's don't cut it for 7th/8th place, Ifs are for mid-table/slightly over relegation teams.

2. One saying if we sign a striker / Erding and one saying if we dont. :huh:

At present we are worse off but one striker makes us better off as hypothetically speaking (and this is not a formation) Ba, Erding, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Barton / Jonas is a better attacking line up than last season.

Edit - ok 3 ifs but the third one is about Ba doing what he has done for all of his career.

Edited by ChezGiven

Guest alex

Despite his (very) inconsistent first touch, his poor injury record, his inability to play 90 mins (he's fucked after an hour), his poor aerial ability (especially given his height) and his questionable work rate :huh: I do have a little bit of time for Shola and can see where Stevie is coming from. The stick he gets at times is uncalled for as well which is probably where my soft spot for him stems for (along with his record against the mackems).

Despite his (very) inconsistent first touch, his poor injury record, his inability to play 90 mins (he's fucked after an hour), his poor aerial ability (especially given his height) and his questionable work rate :huh: I do have a little bit of time for Shola and can see where Stevie is coming from. The stick he gets at times is uncalled for as well which is probably where my soft spot for him stems for (along with his record against the mackems).

SBR built him up too much. At every opportunity SBR would say "Shola is the future of Newcastle United", and it's always felt like he's carried a lot on his shoulders from a young age. I reckon three words "AH SHOLA MAN!!" will be said at least 150,000 times by the people in the ground on an average Saturday even when it's not his fault.

Guest alex

SBR built him up too much. At every opportunity SBR would say "Shola is the future of Newcastle United", and it's always felt like he's carried a lot on his shoulders from a young age. I reckon three words "AH SHOLA MAN!!" will be said at least 150,000 times by the people in the ground on an average Saturday even when it's not his fault.

Genuinely think his hip has been fucked for years. Not saying he'd have been a world-beater were that not the case btw.

Guest alex
So basically we all think he's crap then but there's a touch of "awww come on look the poor wee souls trying...sort of" :D

Basically ;)

Tbh, I blame the people in charge for keep giving him contracts. It's difficult to believe how long he's been at the club. KK is the only one who seems to have seen through him. Apparently he's awesome in training though :huh:

At the end of the day I've been going to games since I was 7 years of age. 1985. I walk out the ground listening to arseholes talking wank like "Shola's the shitest striker av ever fokkin seen like the lazy cunt", when I could name 20-25 worse strikers I've seen for the toon than him. He's demonised.

1 Chelsea

2 Man City

3 Man Utd

4 Arsenal

5 Liverpool

6 Tottenham

7 Newcastle

8 Sunderland

9 Aston Villa

10 Everton

11 Fulham

12 Bolton

13 Stoke

14 Blackburn

15 QPR

16 Swansea

17 Wigan

18 WBA

19 Wolves

20 Norwich

FA Cup: Liverpool

League Cup: Man City

EC: Germany

1. Chelsea

2. Red Scum

3. Arsenal

4. Light Blue Scum

5. Tottenham

6. Everton

7. That massive team that Carroll went to to "win trophies"

8. Fulham

9. Newcastle

10. Bolton

11. Stoke

12. Blackburn

13. QPR

14. Aston Villa

15. mackems

16. WBA

17. Norwich

18. Wigan

19. Swansea

20. Wolves

FA Cup- Arsenal

League Cup-Newcastle

Champs' League- Chelsea

Europa League-Palermo

European Championship-Netherlands

Eredivisie-Ajax

La Liga-Barcelona

2011 MLS-DC United

That about covers all that matters :(

Midtable is hard to predict.

1 Man U

2 Chelsea

3 Man City

4 Arsenal

5 Tottenham

6 Liverpool

7 Bolton

8 Fulham

9 Newcastle

10 Everton

11 Villa

12 Sunderland

13 WBA

14 QPR

15 Stoke

16 Blackburn

17 Wolves

18 Wigan

19 Swansea

20 Norwich

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Arsenal

CL: Real Madrid

EC: Germany

So basically we all think he's crap then but there's a touch of "awww come on look the poor wee souls trying...sort of" :D

Basically ;)

Tbh, I blame the people in charge for keep giving him contracts. It's difficult to believe how long he's been at the club. KK is the only one who seems to have seen through him. Apparently he's awesome in training though :(

Allardyce thought he was shit as well tbf

Dint we do something like this not so long ago? Im sure i got mocked for saying we would finish 7th (So does Stevie btw) :(

Top 5...

Chelsea

Man Utd

Man Citeh

Liverpool

Arsenal

Bottom 3...

Norwich

West Brom

Swansea

Us to finish 7th

At the end of the day I've been going to games since I was 7 years of age. 1985. I walk out the ground listening to arseholes talking wank like "Shola's the shitest striker av ever fokkin seen like the lazy cunt", when I could name 20-25 worse strikers I've seen for the toon than him. He's demonised.

Just because we've had some bad strikers it doesn't mean ameobi isn't also shite. Apart from the extremely rare snatch of skill which mugs think make a canny player, he is fucking useless. He's slow, can't head a ball to save his life, doesn't have a shot in either foot, fouls continually and clearly hasn't grasped the offside rule.

Other than that.....

Broken record here, but why make predictions so early on?

We did them in June last year.

When are yee ganna cheer up lad. In four years av not seen ye make one positive statement. Cheer up man Tecato ya only 26 4FS.

Cheer up man Tecato ya only 26 4FS.

:(

Things can't be that bad then, as I'm 'only' 24.

And on a positive note, I'm one of the apparent few willing to give our lot a chance this window (am also quite excited about our new boys). Stupid though it is of me.

Ahhrr love those threads :(

1. Manure

2. Citeh

3. Chelski

4. ArseAnal

5. Judas

6. Bloody Yids

7. Everton

8. Mighty Newcastle

9. Scumberland

10. Fulham

11. QPR