What can we expect this season?

Deano

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Lols at some of shit being written in this thread. Bottom 6 ffs :(

we were bottom 8 last season. there's a good chance the squad will be weaker than last season if enrique and barton follow nolan. as things stand 12-14th would be a decent finish.

we were bottom 8 last season. there's a good chance the squad will be weaker than last season if enrique and barton follow nolan. as things stand 12-14th would be a decent finish.

We were a last minute goal off 9th man ;)

Have some faith lad.

And we still have big signings to come in.

We were a last minute goal off 9th man ;)

Have some faith lad.

And we still have big signings to come in.

pardew alluded to one more last night. if we only bring one more in and the expected departures happen, we will struggle.

don't forget, our finish last season was mainly down to the first half of the season - we did better with hughton as manager and carroll as our striker. even then i thought we did well to finish 12th given the lack of depth across the whole season. the first team was canny but injuries to key players and you wouldn't want to rely on the second string players coming in.

i don't see that issue being addressed in this window. for every promising purchase - albeit unproven - like cadabye, i reckon we'll see at least one key player depart.

cadabye is nolan's replacement, ba is carroll's replacement and for maraveux, who knows, maybe he's been bought in to replace barton or jonas. that's not how to build a successful premiership squad. these players should be coming in to replace the shite like lovenkrands, guthrie et al that shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

Seriously Gloom, even before more signings to add to the depth come in, if that doesnt get you excited then you should take up carpet bowls.

Tiote --- Cabaye

Barton ----------------------Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba or Erdinc

Seriously Gloom, even before more signings to add to the depth come in, if that doesnt get you excited then you should take up carpet bowls.

Tiote --- Cabaye

Barton ----------------------Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba or Erdinc

we haven't signed one of those players. The other two we know little about. Given we dont know how those new players will adjust to the premiership, I'd like to see them added to last year's squad. They shouldn't be replacing key players like Nolan.

I'm excited to see if they're up to it but I'm not getting carried away. Were signing unproven foreign players here, not messi and ronaldo.

The optimism I see here is so misguided it's staggering. Everybody concedes we are going to struggle to get goals, but with Enrique gone a dodgy defence will be worse - and not a hint of strengthening mentioned by Pardew-the-puppet. I can just hear Del-boy.."don't mention the defence is crap...the mugs haven't noticed, they think we just need strikers"

Enrique - as good as gone.

Simpson - barely good enough at his best, often a liability.

Taylor - see above.

Williamson - Good Championship player, squad player in any decent PL team but first choice for us.

Coloccini - looks classy till he's up against a forward who puts it about a bit and he's jelly.

None of the young players remotely ready for regular first team action.

Goals against were in the bottom half (or close to) last year and yet no need to strengthen that despite losing our best defender?...They are taking the piss lads..

I

I think we look a bit Wiganesque!! and I can see this squad struggling next season.

There is not a lot of steel in the squad and will the new guys fancy an away game at Stoke, Everton, Wolves etc. Do well to stay up unless there are major signings and Enrique and Barton stay.

Edited by BigAl

I think we look a bit Wiganesque!! and I can see this squad struggling next season.

There is not a lot of steel in the squad and will the new guys fancy an away game at Stoke, Everton, Wolves etc. Do well to stay up unless there are major signings and Enrique and Barton stay.

Aye, we could speculate all day long, such threads make more sense after the transfer windows, but still fun :(.

But i rate STaylor higher than stevie ross, IMO Taylor will be a strong player next season!

he's got a good chance of being skipper at this rate, which is a depressing thought given that he wasn't good enough to make the first team for large parts of last season.

he's got a good chance of being skipper at this rate, which is a depressing thought given that he wasn't good enough to make the first team for large parts of last season.

Objection. Speculation, m'lud.

overruled-resize.jpg

As it stands i think our top scorers will be...

Ba...10

Ben Arfa...10

Cabaye...8

Barton...5

Marveaux...5

Shola...5

Lovenkrands...5

As it is...Key players should get around...

Ba...10-15

Ben Arfa...7-10

Cabaye...7

Barton...5

Ameobi...5

Marveaux...5

Jonas...5

Lovenkrands...3-5

Taylor...3

Coloccini...3

What happened? Has Ba been training well? Ben Arfa not performing as expected?

I realise these two predictions were made hours ago now. Which is like weeks in football (manager). What are your predictions now? (Please present in 4-4-2 for ease of ignoring).

What happened? Has Ba been training well? Ben Arfa not performing as expected?

I realise these two predictions were made hours ago now. Which is like weeks in football (manager). What are your predictions now? (Please present in 4-4-2 for ease of ignoring).

:(

overruled-resize.jpg

I do like a good cat picture :(

How can anyone give any kind of individual scorer predictions at any stage never mind when you dont know who they'll be playing alongside or what formation we'll play?

doesn't stop our mate deano does it? every fucking post he makes, he's telling us who'll be signing, for how much, how many goals they'll score and where we'll finish in the league. move over stevie there's a new psychic in town...

Funnily enough I'm reasonably optimistic for the season, I just can't help myself. NUFC has a habit of trampling on hope but I'm still hoping we'll bring in a bitchin' striker and no-one else will leave. Just having some decent strikers after last season's post January dross would be something to look forward to.