News of the World

ChezGiven

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly believe the Tories would have "saved up for a rainy day" CT?

It's immaterial as im not coming at it from a tribal position and neither is Cleethorpes.

The bottom line is it was Labours watch and upto them what they did and they fucked it up.

Well that's horse shit CT. You're probably the North East's biggest ruling class helmet polisher when it comes to politics.

However, I do agree that Labour truely fucked the economy though, but that's because they were busy trying to be Tories and Labour Lite. They wasted money on bollocks like PFI, introduced stupid ideas like part-privatising air traffic control whilst also spending loads on wars and middle men in the NHS. Labour's obsession with targets, quangos,compulsive private sector involvement was inherited from the Tories, and given a whole new level of inefficiency.

Thank fuck for Euro sceptics that we are not caught up directly in this fucking mess. A second bailout of some 100 billion that will never be re-paid and simply pushes the problem down the road for some future generation to solve.

The greeks still wont pay their taxes and the government will still waste stupid money on silly things. I mean why does greece need a fucking 400,000 strong army!

Madness.

The only good thing about all of this is that it hammers home to the waverers that the actions being taken in this country are vital not only for now, but more importantly for leaving the country in some sort of competitive state for our kids.

The only good thing about all of this is that it hammers home to the waverers that the actions being taken in this country are vital not only for now, but more importantly for leaving the country in some sort of competitive state for our kids.

You mean the actions that are exactly the route taken by Ireland, Greece and the others that have completely exacerbated the problems?

Tbh, the world's fisherman have just about decimated the fishing stocks in the oceans so the quotas are an inevitable result of that. It was a completely unsustainable industry because it failed to regulate itself and Europe had to step in before it was too late.

Edited by alex

Thank fuck for Euro sceptics that we are not caught up directly in this fucking mess. A second bailout of some 100 billion that will never be re-paid and simply pushes the problem down the road for some future generation to solve.

The greeks still wont pay their taxes and the government will still waste stupid money on silly things. I mean why does greece need a fucking 400,000 strong army!

Madness.

Have a think about it. Or look it up.

You mean the actions that are exactly the route taken by Ireland, Greece and the others that have completely exacerbated the problems?

Tbh, I dont really think there is a "perfect" plan out there. The bottom line is a massive correction needs to happen for a lot of countries and most politicians would rather pussy foot around it and put it off for a generation or two.

If you listen to some of the economists about whats coming down the road, its pretty scary stuff.

The difference between Labour and Conservatives on how they would handle this is miniscule in the great scheme of things. A couple of percentage points here or there between cuts.

To me its quite a mirror to the decline of NUFC with Freddy being labour and Ashley being conservative. Once it had gone wrong, the sensible approach would have been to cut costs, re-structure and draw up a new plan. Freddy however just kept throwing money (not his) at the problem and we all know where that was heading.

Ashley has come in, took the tough decisions and we are now looking like a healthy club again, albeit a slow recovery.

(Its also not lost on me how Ashleys actions made things worse, before they got better). :lol:

Madness.

:lol: All the clubbers?

Madness.

:D All the clubbers?

I actually thought your question was a wind-up since I thought even you must have some awareness of the tensions between them and the Turks. I would normally say stick to subjects you know about but in your case... :lol:

Edited by alex

Madness.

I actually thought your question was a wind-up since I thought even you must have some awareness of the tensions between them and the Turks. I would normally say stick to subjects you know about but in your case... :lol:

You've lost me im afraid? :D

Are you saying that because of previous tensions with Turkey, (which lets be fair, havent resulted in any use of the Greek army in decades) Greece should continue to have a 400,000 strong army that it cant afford to pay?

I wonder where that will end up heading?

Maybe we should stop reducing ours and build it up again in case the Vikings come back. :D

Edited by Christmas Tree

Madness.

Are you saying that because of previous tensions with Turkey, (which lets be fair, havent resulted in any use of the Greek army in decades) Greece should continue to have a 400,000 strong army that it cant afford to pay?

Maybe we should stop reducing ours and build it up again in case the Vikings come back. :D

I'm the last person who would try and justify any nations having massive armies. I was simply telling you why they had such a large army. The tensions are ongoing though. You'd have to be incredibly ignorant about the feelings in either country to argue they aren't.

Edited by alex

Madness.

Oh dear. Suggest you read up on this one CT before commenting further.

Madness.

I'm the last person who would try and justify any nations having massive armies. I was simply telling you why they had such a large army. The tensions are ongoing though. You'd have to be incredibly ignorant about the feelings in either country to argue they aren't.

Having once needed a large army has no bearing on what they can afford.

Under the last bail out, WE are paying the wages of their army while reducing our own that we cant afford!!!!!!!

As for current tensions, they recently joined together to try and host the 2008 football championships ffs :D

Im not claiming they are best mates, but a 400,000 man army that they cant afford is ridiculous.

Are you saying that because of previous tensions with Turkey

I stopped reading there. :lol:

Guessmass Tree

You would do better to sit quietly and listen while grown men are frantically searching google to find an opinion :D

FYP. '' :D ''

Madness.

Oh dear. Suggest you read up on this one CT before commenting further.

Please, enlighten me. I am all ears to why a bankrupt country in the midst of horrific cuts, should borrow money to pay a 400,000 strong army that it no longer needs?