News of the World

ChezGiven

I know The Guardian isnt the most popular paper on here (mainly on account of their reporting on NUFC) but you have to hand it to them for this. Brookes herself accused them of doing the British public a disservice in 2009 and other tabloid hacks were critical of their obsession.

Nick Robinson is saying that internal investigations have revealed who commissioned and sanctioned the hacking of Milly's phone and it exonerates Brookes. What a tory cunt that man is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14045519

Listening to the radio all morning, I've heard the News Int bloke giving his stuff (for what is was worth, like), and surely Robinson was just repeating their [N.Int's] statement about the 'finding' of the 'evidence' about the hacking and who is responsible and their [N.Int] attempts at getting this Brookes wifey off the hook.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll never happen imo.

In much the same way that NUFC supporters will never boycott the match in protest to Mike Ashley, you're right. However it doesn't hurt to try to prick their moral conscience on the issue.

I didn't watch PMQs but is it safe to say Miliband has decided the best way to try and salvage his leadership is to go to war with News International? Brave.

Might encourage me back to Labour if he does.

I didn't watch PMQs but is it safe to say Miliband has decided the best way to try and salvage his leadership is to go to war with News International? Brave.

The unions have a lot to anwer for. It should have been David Milliband at the helm and not his Nick Parks created brother Edvard.

Guest alex

The unions have a lot to anwer for. It should have been David Milliband at the helm and not his Nick Parks created brother Edvard.

Yep. Potentially the most unpopular government for decades and no proper opposition to capitalise on it.

Looks like the shit has really hit the fan with this one. Good.

Normally when there's revelation after revelation it's the gutter press I blame for drip-feeding to squeeze every last drop out of it.

Who exactly is drip-feeding these stories though? Every day there's more.

Perhaps from within the Met/SY? They must have known about it.

I know The Guardian isnt the most popular paper on here (mainly on account of their reporting on NUFC) but you have to hand it to them for this. Brookes herself accused them of doing the British public a disservice in 2009 and other tabloid hacks were critical of their obsession.

Nick Robinson is saying that internal investigations have revealed who commissioned and sanctioned the hacking of Milly's phone and it exonerates Brookes. What a tory cunt that man is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14045519

I remember Kelvin Mckenzie on newsnight apoplectic at the accusations of endemic phone-hacking and illegal activity within the NI organisation. I'd like to see him physically punished for being one of the biggest cunts in the public eye.

BREAKING NEWS: Rupert Murdoch: Allegations of NOTW phone hacking and payments to police 'deplorable and unacceptable'

I bet that vile cunt means just that, that it's the allegations he finds unacceptable. Also supposedly given the 'slapper' his backing too.

BREAKING NEWS: Rupert Murdoch: Allegations of NOTW phone hacking and payments to police 'deplorable and unacceptable'

I bet that vile cunt means just that, that it's the allegations he finds unacceptable. Also supposedly given the 'slapper' his backing too.

she'll be a scapegoat for him. probably get paid off for a while as well. terrible people.

Business Unit News

News International Statement on Guardian Article - 7/10/2009

July 10, 2009 – News International has delayed making this detailed statement until all relevant facts have been analysed and checked internally and externally.

News International has completed a thorough investigation into the various allegations made since the Guardian story broke on Wednesday. This investigation augmented a similar process here following the arrest of private investigator Glen Mulcaire and News of the World journalist Clive Goodman in August 2006.

Perhaps more significantly, the police investigation into Glen Mulcaire and Clive Goodman began in 2005, nine months before the two men were arrested. Prior to arrest the police conducted live monitoring of both men's activities and also kept the News of the World activity in this area under investigation. The raids on Mulcaire's premises, on Goodman's premises and on the News of the World office seized all relevant documents and all available evidence. The police investigation continued after the arrests and all relevant activity was studied and analysed in the context of identifying unlawfulness/criminality. The police investigation was incredibly thorough.

Apart from matters raised in the Mulcaire and Goodman proceedings, the only other evidence connecting News of the World reporters to information gained as a result of accessing a person's voicemail emerged in April 2008, during the course of the Gordon Taylor litigation. Neither this information nor any story arising from it was ever published. Once senior executives became aware of this, immediate steps were taken to resolve Mr Taylor's complaint.

From our own investigation, but more importantly that of the police, we can state with confidence that, apart from the matters referred to above, there is not and never has been evidence to support allegations that:

News of the World journalists have accessed the voicemails of any individual.

News of the World or its journalists have instructed private investigators or other third parties to access the voicemails of any individuals.

There was systemic corporate illegality by News International to suppress evidence.

It goes without saying that had the police uncovered such evidence, charges would have been brought against other News of the World personnel. Not only have there been no such charges, but the police have not considered it necessary to arrest or question any other member of News of the World staff.

Based on the above, we can state categorically in relation to the following allegations which have been made primarily by the Guardian and widely reported as fact by Sky News, BBC, ITN and others this week:

It is untrue that officers found evidence of News Group staff, either themselves or using private investigators, hacking into "thousands" of mobile phones.

It is untrue that apart from Goodman, officers found evidence that other members of News Group staff hacked into mobile phones or accessed individuals' voicemails.

It is untrue that there is evidence that News Group reporters, or indeed anyone, hacked into the telephone voicemails of John Prescott.

It is untrue that “Murdoch journalists” used private investigators to illegally hack into the mobile phone messages of numerous public figures to gain unlawful access to confidential personal data, including: tax records, social security files, bank statements and itemised phone bills.

It is untrue that News Group reporters have hacked into telephone voicemail services of various footballers, politicians and celebrities named in reports this week.

It is untrue that News of the World executives knowingly sanctioned payment for illegal phone intercepts.

All of these irresponsible and unsubstantiated allegations against News of the World and other News International titles and its journalists are false.

The Guardian has been selective and misleading in its coverage of the report and investigation by the Information Commissioner. There has been and is no connection between the Information Commissioner's investigation and the allegation of hacking into telephones or accessing telephone voicemails. The report concerned the activities of a private investigator who, between April 2001 and March 2003, supplied information to 32 newspapers and magazines including, incidentally, the Guardian's sister newspaper, The Observer, which according to the Information Commissioner was ninth worst "offender" out of the 32. The information supplied was deemed to be in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

When Les Hinton gave evidence to the Select Committee in March 2007, the evidence which emerged during the Gordon Taylor litigation in April 2008 was not known to Mr Hinton or any other senior executive within News International.

Furthermore, we are inviting the Guardian to supply the Metropolitan Police with any new evidence they claim to have.

Since February 2007, News International has continued to work with its journalists and its industry partners to ensure that its journalists fully comply with both the relevant legislation and the rigorous requirements of the PCC’s Code of Conduct.

Finally, we would like to make it clear that despite the Guardian suggesting otherwise, the departure of Managing Editor Stuart Kuttner has no connection whatsoever with the events referred to above. The Guardian were informed of this position from the outset and chose to mislead the British public.

Notes for editors:

News International Limited publishes The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, News of the World and thelondonpaper. In terms of growth, share, circulation and reader engagement, the Company’s titles are among the world’s most successful. NewsPrinters Ltd prints the national titles and operates as a contract printing subsidiary for the three state of the art printing plants. Further brands which are part of the group include the Times Literary Supplement and milkround.co.uk. The News International group has investments in property search-engine globrix.com and fashion website BrandAlley.co.uk.

Contacts:

Alice Macandrew

020 7782 6019

Hayley Barlow

07803 901199

http://www.newscorp.com/news/bunews_40.html

Who are we fucking kidding, Murdoch knew about all this imo.

Here, I came across that link via this article, which explains how Nick Davies (guardian journo) has relentlessly pursued Murdoch's cronies and sought to expose their crimes:

Rupert Murdoch Meets His Ahab

Nick Davies and the Guardian spear the media mogul.

http://www.slate.com/id/2298439

2 page article so I won't paste it all here.

Business Unit News

News International Statement on Guardian Article - 7/10/2009

It is untrue that officers found evidence of News Group staff, either themselves or using private investigators, hacking into "thousands" of mobile phones.

It is untrue that apart from Goodman, officers found evidence that other members of News Group staff hacked into mobile phones or accessed individuals' voicemails.

It is untrue that there is evidence that News Group reporters, or indeed anyone, hacked into the telephone voicemails of John Prescott.

It is untrue that “Murdoch journalists” used private investigators to illegally hack into the mobile phone messages of numerous public figures to gain unlawful access to confidential personal data, including: tax records, social security files, bank statements and itemised phone bills.

It is untrue that News Group reporters have hacked into telephone voicemail services of various footballers, politicians and celebrities named in reports this week.

It is untrue that News of the World executives knowingly sanctioned payment for illegal phone intercepts.

http://www.newscorp.com/news/bunews_40.html

Who are we fucking kidding, Murdoch knew about all this imo.

Sort of familiar that bit too.

Murdoch is basically evil and to confirm this he is the owner of an American passport now.

Like a Bond villain, minus the charm. And the Persian cat.

Plus a grating Aussie accent. :lol:

Hopefully this'll stop Murdoch buying up Sky. I really hope he, his children, Kelvin McKenzie and Rebekah Gingerpubes all die very very soon. Then we may have a chance of building a democratic political system with a free and open media.

Fucking hell, they dont like it when the boots on the other foot do they?*

* (glove on other hand, shoe on other foot, stone no longer gathing cooks, idfk)

Hopefully this'll stop Murdoch buying up Sky. I really hope he, his children, Kelvin McKenzie and Rebekah Gingerpubes all die very very soon. Then we may have a chance of building a democratic political system with a free and open media.

How about getting the corrupt Gov to change the laws about monopolies and media ownership?

Oh noes..!!! :lol:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/201...rld-update.html

The Never-Ending Story: News of the World’s Andy Coulson Condoned Police Payoffs

by Sarah Ellison July 5, 2011, 5:15 PM

Andy Coulson, who edited Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World tabloid from 2003 to 2006, condoned payments from members of his staff at the News of the World to Scotland Yard, according to e-mails the company has handed over to the police. “It is correct to state that new information has recently been provided to the police,” a News Corp. spokesman told Vanity Fair. “We cannot comment any further due to the ongoing investigation.”

Coulson resigned as editor of the paper in 2007 in response to the phone-hacking scandal, though he never admitted that he had personal knowledge of hacking. Months after resigning his editorship, Coulson became the chief spokesman to Prime Minister David Cameron, before resigning from that post earlier this year, again in response to the furor over phone hacking.

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. turned over the e-mails to Scotland Yard as part of a broader inquiry into phone hacking and the close relationship between the News of the World and the police. Coulson’s predecessor Rebekah Wade, who is now C.E.O. of Murdoch’s U.K. newspaper group, admitted in 2003 to paying police officers, though she has since said she can’t recall any specific instances

Cameron has said today that they'll be a public enquiry into the first enquiry by the Met into this carry on. I wonder if the poor bloke who was on 5 live this morning laying into a News International executive will be called to give evidence? The exec naturally apologised profusely to the man who just happened to be the father of a victim of the July 7th bombings. The exec asked for the man's number to be passed on to him by the BBC so they could explain the ins and outs of what has gone on. "youve already got it" he answered, to which the exec said that they didn't, and that the list of people targeted was in the hands of the Met. Which is sort of ironic, when the payments mentioned in the VF article above were to officers in the Met in exchange for the phone number's of victim's families over a period of years earlier in this decade. Authorised you'll notice by Andy Coulson, the man Cameron thought was a good,safe pair of hands to run his media department.

Fuckin despicable practices. It'll all take years to fully come out and if you ask me the Met investigating the Met and Rebbeca Brooks "leading" the News International investigation are just sick fuckin jokes. Don't know what we can expect from the public enquirie(s).....they are likely to be many years in the future and some being called may well have done time for it....unlikely to be Murdoch, Coulson or Brooks though... but if you ask me they should be left in a room alone with Milly Dowler's parents and a baseball bat.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/201...rld-update.html

The Never-Ending Story: News of the World’s Andy Coulson Condoned Police Payoffs

by Sarah Ellison July 5, 2011, 5:15 PM

Andy Coulson, who edited Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World tabloid from 2003 to 2006, condoned payments from members of his staff at the News of the World to Scotland Yard, according to e-mails the company has handed over to the police. “It is correct to state that new information has recently been provided to the police,” a News Corp. spokesman told Vanity Fair. “We cannot comment any further due to the ongoing investigation.”

Coulson resigned as editor of the paper in 2007 in response to the phone-hacking scandal, though he never admitted that he had personal knowledge of hacking. Months after resigning his editorship, Coulson became the chief spokesman to Prime Minister David Cameron, before resigning from that post earlier this year, again in response to the furor over phone hacking.

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. turned over the e-mails to Scotland Yard as part of a broader inquiry into phone hacking and the close relationship between the News of the World and the police. Coulson’s predecessor Rebekah Wade, who is now C.E.O. of Murdoch’s U.K. newspaper group, admitted in 2003 to paying police officers, though she has since said she can’t recall any specific instances

Cameron has said today that they'll be a public enquiry into the first enquiry by the Met into this carry on. I wonder if the poor bloke who was on 5 live this morning laying into a News International executive will be called to give evidence? The exec naturally apologised profusely to the man who just happened to be the father of a victim of the July 7th bombings. The exec asked for the man's number to be passed on to him by the BBC so they could explain the ins and outs of what has gone on. "youve already got it" he answered, to which the exec said that they didn't, and that the list of people targeted was in the hands of the Met. Which is sort of ironic, when the payments mentioned in the VF article above were to officers in the Met in exchange for the phone number's of victim's families over a period of years earlier in this decade. Authorised you'll notice by Andy Coulson, the man Cameron thought was a good,safe pair of hands to run his media department.

Fuckin despicable practices. It'll all take years to fully come out and if you ask me the Met investigating the Met and Rebbeca Brooks "leading" the News International investigation are just sick fuckin jokes. Don't know what we can expect from the public enquirie(s).....they are likely to be many years in the future and some being called may well have done time for it....unlikely to be Murdoch, Coulson or Brooks though... but if you ask me they should be left in a room alone with Milly Dowler's parents and a baseball bat.

People are delusional if they think the Gov is going to take on News Int. :lol:

Public Inq = Cover up.

I agree with your last few quotes Parky. The government will do nothing substantial to News International, and Murdoch will still be their organ grinder. It makes you wish Death Note was real at times.

I think all the e-mails, voice mails etc. of all involved over the last 10 years should be hacked into and published for all to see. So come on Wikileaks LUL Security et al. I want to know if Coulson has ever played away, or if Brookes has let someone use the tradesman's entrance. I want bank account details, the people photographed every day, and every detail of their lives splashed all over the net.

I agree with your last few quotes Parky. The government will do nothing substantial to News International, and Murdoch will still be their organ grinder. It makes you wish Death Note was real at times.

I think all the e-mails, voice mails etc. of all involved over the last 10 years should be hacked into and published for all to see. So come on Wikileaks LUL Security et al. I want to know if Coulson has ever played away, or if Brookes has let someone use the tradesman's entrance. I want bank account details, the people photographed every day, and every detail of their lives splashed all over the net.

Within a couple of weeks people will be worrying about what colour knickers Lady gaga wears and so on...

Even so Parky, it would be good if some computer whizz kids give them a taste of their own medicine. I'd be all for them being creeped out by a flash mob turning up at their dentist wishing them well on getting a filling just after the operation. That sort of thing would really hit home. Or strangers in the street asking after their kids by name.

Even so Parky, it would be good if some computer whizz kids give them a taste of their own medicine. I'd be all for them being creeped out by a flash mob turning up at their dentist wishing them well on getting a filling just after the operation. That sort of thing would really hit home. Or strangers in the street asking after their kids by name.

:lol:

What would really hit home is some semblence of lip service to managing a democratic and balanced media. ie no monopolies and so on...ie no dual ownership of more than one platform, ie a legally binding press complaints comission (that isn't self serving and self-governing). But none of this will happen because the idea of democracy is to put the populus to sleep.

Edited by Park Life