News of the World

ChezGiven

Here you are back :D

The fallout from the Rupert Murdoch News of the World cell phone hacking scandal continues to spray over other people, and the latest to be accused of wrongdoing is CNN host Piers Morgan.

The accusation occurred during a hearing being held before the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee of Parliament on Tuesday. Louise Mensch, a Conservative member of Parliament, made the statements.

Mensch said, "Piers Morgan, who is now a celebrity anchor at CNN, who do not appear to have asked him any questions at all about phone hacking, is a former editor of the Daily Mirror. He said in his book 'The Insider' recently, and I quote, that that little trick of entering a standard four-digit code allows anyone to call that number and hear your messages.

"In that book he boasted that using that little trick enables him to win scoop of the year for a story about (former England national soccer team manager) Sven-Goran Eriksson. So that is a former editor of the Daily Mirror being very open about his personal use of phone hacking ... and indeed he is (a) former News of the World executive."

Which is what I said, non :lol:

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fallout from the Rupert Murdoch News of the World cell phone hacking scandal continues to spray over other people, and the latest to be accused of wrongdoing is CNN host Piers Morgan.

The accusation occurred during a hearing being held before the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee of Parliament on Tuesday. Louise Mensch, a Conservative member of Parliament, made the statements.

Mensch said, "Piers Morgan, who is now a celebrity anchor at CNN, who do not appear to have asked him any questions at all about phone hacking, is a former editor of the Daily Mirror. He said in his book 'The Insider' recently, and I quote, that that little trick of entering a standard four-digit code allows anyone to call that number and hear your messages.

"In that book he boasted that using that little trick enables him to win scoop of the year for a story about (former England national soccer team manager) Sven-Goran Eriksson. So that is a former editor of the Daily Mirror being very open about his personal use of phone hacking ... and indeed he is (a) former News of the World executive."

Yeah, but you didn't check your source, so I thought you'd appreciate the clarification of what tooj was referring to.

Yeah, but you didn't check your source, so I thought you'd appreciate the clarification of what tooj was referring to.

Im not sure of the point :D I said they made references to it and they did. (and I have posted the references they made).

I dont know whether he did or didnt :D

Bit embarrassing for the poor dear if its untrue. I mean its only gone live around the world. :D

I don't think anyone's that surprised that the NOTW were twats CT but I think an expose of the relationship with the Met and the "incompetence" of the previous investigations makes it worthwhile.

Not saying its not a story, but the hysteria around it is unbelievable.

And lets remember they were all doing it, not just the NOTW. In fact there were quite a few references to Piers Morgans biography where he happily admits he hacked phones to land the scoop about Sven and Ulrika.

I think its the big moral indignation show from the MP's and other media which I think is quite pathetic and slimy.

You repeated her claim without credit to Mensch or any question of its validity.

I don't think anyone's that surprised that the NOTW were twats CT but I think an expose of the relationship with the Met and the "incompetence" of the previous investigations makes it worthwhile.

And lets remember they were all doing it, not just the NOTW. In fact there were quite a few references to Piers Morgans biography where he happily admits he hacked phones to land the scoop about Sven and Ulrika.

I think its the big moral indignation show from the MP's and other media which I think is quite pathetic and slimy.

You repeated her claim without credit to Mensch or any question of its validity.

Yes I didnt rush off to research the claim of a member of the select committee, charged with getting to the truth. :lol: guilty.

Yes I didnt rush off to research the claim of a member of the select committee, charged with getting to the truth. :lol: guilty.

She's a Tory mate, your default view should be skepticism :D

Another big day tomorrow when Parliament sits and Dave returns to face the music.

Not only did he appoint Coulson but also this wallis guy who has brought down the met, was advising Coulson while he was working for Dave.

I smell a tipping point.

An amazing performance from Spock and a weak performance from Dave and Boris is in.

He's just running through his usual repertoire. We had the contrariness with "I don't understand the moral indignation about hacking phones" a couple of pages ago, and now we're getting wild predictions. Just imagine you're in the back of a taxi and it becomes a lot easier to ignore.

He's just running through his usual repertoire. We had the contrariness with "I don't understand the moral indignation about hacking phones" a couple of pages ago, and now we're getting wild predictions. Just imagine you're in the back of a taxi and it becomes a lot easier to ignore.

Back to work ginge.

bean-counter.jpg

:lol:

Back to work ginge.

bean-counter.jpg

We all saw your ginger hair coming out of your panama, you tit. :lol: