Mehdi Abeid - On Loan at St Johnstone

McFaul

I lived on Crete for 4 months working in a club for the local small time mafia types. Bunch of fucking nutters.

I read in the Lonely Planet there's about 600,000 people on Crete and 1m+ guns :(

I've been to Crete like, went to this place for a trip called the Samarian Gauge, beautiful place like but fuck me, I saw this scorpion, and shit mesel, easily the claimed size of J69's cock. Murder for creepy crawlies the greek isles.

Was going to do that walk when I was there until I realised it was a four hour drive and the trip was heading off at 4 am to miss the worst of the heat. I did a smaller, much quieter gorge walk though that came out at this beach (Ayiofarango or something - it means Holy Gorge). It was amazing. I did it on my own as wor lass wasn't having any of that when she could be sunning herself. It's a really beautiful place. The inland mountains look a bit like the Lakeland fells, although they're a canny bit bigger. I love how everywhere you go they give you a shot of Raki and have one with you. We went to this place at about tea time for a coffee / ice cream and as it was quiet (think the lass working there was bored) the waitress had about 3 shots with us in the space of half an hour. I'm definitely going back.

I was just 11 years of age when I was there like but I remember how class that Samarian Gauge was it hasn't really got a comparison in this country, felt like being on Raiders of The Lost Ark well the last one I forget its name. As for where we stayed I think Chania was shite, and Heraklion was too built up for a beach holiday was pretty shite, was nee Paphos or Ayia Napa that's for certain.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
I lived on Crete for 4 months working in a club for the local small time mafia types. Bunch of fucking nutters.

I read in the Lonely Planet there's about 600,000 people on Crete and 1m+ guns :(

I've been to Crete like, went to this place for a trip called the Samarian Gauge, beautiful place like but fuck me, I saw this scorpion, and shit mesel, easily the claimed size of J69's cock. Murder for creepy crawlies the greek isles.

Was going to do that walk when I was there until I realised it was a four hour drive and the trip was heading off at 4 am to miss the worst of the heat. I did a smaller, much quieter gorge walk though that came out at this beach (Ayiofarango or something - it means Holy Gorge). It was amazing. I did it on my own as wor lass wasn't having any of that when she could be sunning herself. It's a really beautiful place. The inland mountains look a bit like the Lakeland fells, although they're a canny bit bigger. I love how everywhere you go they give you a shot of Raki and have one with you. We went to this place at about tea time for a coffee / ice cream and as it was quiet (think the lass working there was bored) the waitress had about 3 shots with us in the space of half an hour. I'm definitely going back.

I was just 11 years of age when I was there like but I remember how class that Samarian Gauge was it hasn't really got a comparison in this country, felt like being on Raiders of The Lost Ark well the last one I forget its name. As for where we stayed I think Chania was shite, and Heraklion was too built up for a beach holiday was pretty shite, was nee Paphos or Ayia Napa that's for certain.

Heraklion was bombed during the war which is why it's such a clip now. Only really explored a small bit of Crete though as I was only there a week and it's so big / difficult to traverse with it being so mountainous. I stayed on the south coast. I've read about other places / seen photos that look amazing though. Elafonisi for example. I think in general in Greece it's best to get off the beaten track like.

Heraklion was bombed during the war which is why it's such a clip now. Only really explored a small bit of Crete though as I was only there a week and it's so big / difficult to traverse with it being so mountainous. I stayed on the south coast. I've read about other places / seen photos that look amazing though. Elafonisi for example. I think in general in Greece it's best to get off the beaten track like.

Aye there's a few modern monstrosities there like. There's a NUFC connection to Crete do you know what it is?

Edited by McFaul

Guest alex

Aye there's a few modern monstrosities there like. There's a NUFC connection to Crete do you know what it is?

Nah, unless Georgiadis or Dabizas are from there (just guessing).

That's where we signed Papavassiliou from, he looked mint against Hartlepool pre season....

Guest alex

That's where we signed Papavassiliou from, he looked mint against Hartlepool pre season....

Thought about him then remembered he was Cypriot.

West had some games for Everton.

Milan, San Remo and Genova are my fav places in Italy (still haven't been to Rome).

It used to bother me they had no concept of queueing.

Agreed, I hate Italy and Italian sides, and Inter v Barca 09-10 showed it more than anything, especially with Mourinho's littel gay celebration after and everyone eating that shit up about how great he is and him "silencing Barca", then he goes to Madrid :(. Mexico too, Mexico and Italy, the two teams I hate most in world football

Edited by CleeToonFan

Was at that game. Lovely summers day, good following of Mags down there, Papavassiliou got the ball, held off one of their players and put a canny pass through to one of wor lot. This bloke next to us was mortalic, he gans, "Geddin nicky Papa-lappa-wappa-woah-ya-fucka" as he struggled to get his name. Was funny as fuck at the time. ;)

Was at that game. Lovely summers day, good following of Mags down there, Papavassiliou got the ball, held off one of their players and put a canny pass through to one of wor lot. This bloke next to us was mortalic, he gans, "Geddin nicky Papa-lappa-wappa-woah-ya-fucka" as he struggled to get his name. Was funny as fuck at the time. ;)

Anyone remember them playing Zorba the Greek before the game when it was his birthday? One of the more surreal pre-match tunes I've heard when standing on the Milburn Paddock.

Guest alex
West had some games for Everton.Milan, San Remo and Genova are my fav places in Italy (still haven't been to Rome).

It used to bother me they had no concept of queueing.

Did he? Honestly can't remember that either. :(

I do remember when they signed Amakachi (sp?), who was absolutely gash for them iirc.

No, but I remember them playing 'Y Viva Espana' when we played Athletic Bilbao. ;)

:( Did they fuickin hell pmsl hahahahaha what game was that Rob's testimonial or the 3-2?

That's like playing God Save the Queen before a Celtic game?

Regarding Papavasilliou, can you remember those Papa is a geordie t shirts?

No, but I remember them playing 'Y Viva Espana' when we played Athletic Bilbao. :rolleyes:

:lol: Did they fuickin hell pmsl hahahahaha what game was that Rob's testimonial or the 3-2?

That's like playing God Save the Queen before a Celtic game?

Regarding Papavasilliou, can you remember those Papa is a geordie t shirts?

The 3-2 game.

Can't remember them shirts, but then, in those days everyone 'was a Geordie' if they were foreigners, played for us, decent and were a bit radge/off the cuff/unusual in some way. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I was impressed by his little cameo last night.

Yeah, thought he looked tidy on the ball. knocked it about well and almost scored. Just from that viewing, and seeing him in training, he should be above Smith and Guthrie.

http://www.unitedfornewcastle.org.uk/2011/07/qa-mehdi-abeid/

1. What do you think of Newcastle as a city, and what have you thought of the fans since you joined?

I’m very happy to be in Newcastle, and I’m enjoying it very much. I like the town. I visited a little this week. The staff at the club and the fans have been very good with me.

2. You got your first taste of action with the first-team against Darlington. What did you think of the match?

It was a really good match. I think we played really well. It was a good test for me since I got an idea of my physical fitness. The match itself went really well. The supporters were truly fantastic and the atmosphere was brilliant!

3. Is training difficult in comparison to clubs in France?

Yes, it is more difficult. There’s a lot of really good players in the team, but this is important for me to interact with really good players so that I can progress. It’s really important for young players to be able to train and practice with these kinds of players.

4. You are one of several new French signings at the club. Has that helped you to adjust and settle in?

The staff and the supporters have helped integrate me into the team really well. I’m adapting to the game here. It’s important to feel good, and I’m truly very happy to be here.

5. You have some Facebook photos with Haris Vuckic. Who from the team do you spend the most time with?

I spend a lot of time with Haris. He’s really helped me get settled in. And I’m often hanging out with [Yohan] Cabaye and [sylvain] Marveaux.

6. What are your aims for the upcoming season?

My objective is to have a good season whether that is with the first team or the reserve team. I want to play a lot of games so I can progress and I’m hoping for a few games in the Premier League. It’s a huge honour for me to be part of a Premier League team. When the coach calls for me, I’ll be ready.

7. Who has impressed you the most in training?

Demba Ba has impressed me a lot with his movement and his ability to keep the ball. He’ll be really important in the team, and he’s truly a very good player.

8. The fans have taken to you very well. Do you have any message for them?

I just want to say to the supporters that I’m truly happy to be here, and I’m hoping to have a good season. I want to play in very good matches. I hope that you’ll like my style of play and I hope that you’ll get to appreciate it for a very long time. I’d also like to say thanks for the messages they send me on Facebook.

United For Newcastle would like to thank Mehdi for taking time out of his day to speak with us. We wish him a fantastic season with us, and we look forward to seeing him on the pitch this year.

• 2 months later...