Darlington Away

Christmas Tree

2 mile gridlock of traffic up to the ground and as we hit the ground roundabout was told the car park was full so abandoned on double yellows to the the left of the roundabout and no tickets thank fuck.

Nices touches shine through from Cabaye and Ben Arfa AND even Best, however as usual, it was Bartons class that shone through.

Managed to get a punch on the orange inflatable that was bobbing around all though I must say, it wasnt one of my better punches.

Looked for Stevie and his spikey hair all night but couldnt see him. Ended up sitting in block 24 , row 18 seats 4-6 (big arse) which was canny enough.

First half was canny and I think we are going to be very thrilled by Ben Arfa this season.

Went looking for drinks at half time but the bars looked thirty deep so headed back to our seats.

As the pitch invasion followed the Ameobi song / goal, it was funny at first but quite quickly I was thinking just get the fuck back off. Maybe Im just getting too old, but I was just thinking this will do us know good as the 15 / 16 year olds fought on the pitch.

As the culprits were being led away, there seemed to be one bald old bloke at the front who was winding every fucker up.

The match re-start was followed by a load of changes which promted us to head home for a few jars before the traffic jams.

Nice to see Cabaye and Ben Arfa but really just wish I had stayed in the pub.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 mile gridlock of traffic up to the ground and as we hit the ground roundabout was told the car park was full so abandoned on double yellows to the the left of the roundabout and no tickets thank fuck.

Nices touches shine through from Cabaye and Ben Arfa AND even Best, however as usual, it was Bartons class that shone through.

Managed to get a punch on the orange inflatable that was bobbing around all though I must say, it wasnt one of my better punches.

Looked for Stevie and his spikey hair all night but couldnt see him. Ended up sitting in block 24 , row 18 seats 4-6 (big arse) which was canny enough.

First half was canny and I think we are going to be very thrilled by Ben Arfa this season.

Went looking for drinks at half time but the bars looked thirty deep so headed back to our seats.

As the pitch invasion followed the Ameobi song / goal, it was funny at first but quite quickly I was thinking just get the fuck back off. Maybe Im just getting too old, but I was just thinking this will do us know good as the 15 / 16 year olds fought on the pitch.

As the culprits were being led away, there seemed to be one bald old bloke at the front who was winding every fucker up.

The match re-start was followed by a load of changes which promted us to head home for a few jars before the traffic jams.

Nice to see Cabaye and Ben Arfa but really just wish I had stayed in the pub.

did Marveaux and ba play?

Marveaux was carrying on about how he was fit to play at the end of last season, so either that's nonsensue or they wanted to wait to introduce some of the other new players in a higher profile match. Doesn't make a lot of sense though as Barfa and Cabaye played.

The pitch invasion is embarrassing.

Not gonna lie, it's embarrassing that fans invaded the pitch FFS it's a friendly and the mongs who thought it was a joke will be one season a game fans who think its hilarious, shambolic tbh

Pretty much. I was cringing at the thought last night. Idiots.

The amount of glass ootside Hogan's was a disgrace though, as were the little charvers kicking peoples car lights in walking through that housing estate, fuckin jokers. It was the same at Carlisle 4 years ago, we had cunts who never ever are seen at toon games there pissed out their skull. Everyone was saying before the game we'll never get invited doon here again.

That'll be the last near'ish Away friendly match we get for a few season, shame really as a good money spinner for the likes of Darlo.

The mackems can fuck off, yes this is embarrassing as is there annual pitch invasion should they be lucky enough to score a goal past us in the derby match at their ground

Its a joke. I can't believe people think its ok and just a bit of craic? It's embarrassing. The club has been dragged through the gutter over the years and people hardly need more ammo to have a go at us. I slated that one mackem lad for running on and pushing Harper. This is nee different. You cant have a go at the mackems and then run on the pitch yourself. I agree the worse part was the fighting and smashing stuff up outside. But if nee one ran on in the first place then it's unlikely the fighting in the ground would have happened.

just got home, so whats the score and who scored? how were the new lads

How is Toxteth tonight? Quiet?

am not sure about toxteth but i know here in the south its been a rather fine day. so how was your day? you little ray of sunshine

;)

Radiant Lah, radiant.

The "Battle of Darlo" is on Sky btw

This is the story of my first even Newcastle game.

Drove up to the ground, and was in awe of the throngs of Black and White shirts walking up and singing. Unlike anything I've ever seen.

Parked and went up and picked up the tickets, and took a picture next to the Away Supporters sign with my ticket ;)

Queued up to get in, and again, the atmosphere inside the stadium near the bar was incredible. Completely packed with bottles all over the floor, and again lots of singing.

Got to our seats, which were in Block 26, row 6, which was the closest I've ever been to a professional sporting event. Was acting like a giddy 6 year old when the players came on, and could see Barton and Simpson just several meters away from me!

First half was excellent, thought Barton, Ben Arfa, and Cabaye were very good. Barton ran the game. Cabaye was also much shorter than I had thought! I thought Vuckic was alright, had a couple of decent attempts, but was nought special. Forster didn't have much to do, but was decent when called upon.

After the first half, I figured I should go get a drink, seeing as it was my first game. Waited about 15 minutes at the bar to get served, and then stood and watched the fans inside jumping and chanting and throwing shit in the air while I finished my cider. The girls serving the bar looked to be having a horrible time, and I don't blame them with plastic bottles hurtling at them.

Went back to my seat to see that Sammy Ameobi had come on. Began to hear the chants of "If Sammy Scores, We're on the Pitch", and then, of course, he scored! A big group of fans behind me ran on, and I figured "Fuck it, its my first game, and if I don't run on and see some players I'll regret it." So I ran on, and got to pat Joey Barton on the back :D. Went over to go see Cabaye, to whom I planned to say "Its my first game too!". Someone else was talking to him, and me, not realizing how wet the grass was, slipped up and fell on my arse, and took out the feet of the guy who was already talking to him! He said it was "Nee Bother" and laughed it off, which was great!

I ran back to my seats, extremely satisfied. The fuckers who were starting up were right in front of me, and it definitely showed me the darker side of football supporters. Was pleased though that everyone else seemed to be booing them.

Additionally, from the beginning of the game, you could tell that the 15-16 year olds on the right hand side up front were not going to be good. Shirts off and rowdy is never good.

Left a couple minutes early to avoid the crowd and any potential violence. It was telling when all of the little boys and girls running around the front during the first half had left after the fight.

All in all, it was a great experience. The chants were magical, and the support was unlike anything I had ever seen. Also, I thought it was interesting that Jose and Tiote weren't playing. Hopefully that wasn't because of any potential moves. It was a night I'll never forget, and the next game I attend can't come soon enough. With any luck it'll be vs Arsenal at home in August, but I'd need to find the money for the ticket and a ride up from London as well!

EDIT: Will post up some pics if you lot want to see them in a day or two.

Edited by JonTheMag

Drove up to the ground, and was in awe of the throngs of Black and White shirts walking up and singing. Unlike anything I've ever seen.

Parked and went up and picked up the tickets, and took a picture next to the Away Supporters sign with my ticket ;)

Queued up to get in, and again, the atmosphere inside the stadium near the bar was incredible. Completely packed with bottles all over the floor, and again lots of singing.

Got to our seats, which were in Block 26, row 6, which was the closest I've ever been to a professional sporting event. Was acting like a giddy 6 year old when the players came on, and could see Barton and Simpson just several meters away from me!

First half was excellent, thought Barton, Ben Arfa, and Cabaye were very good. Barton ran the game. Cabaye was also much shorter than I had thought! I thought Vuckic was alright, had a couple of decent attempts, but was nought special. Forster didn't have much to do, but was decent when called upon.

After the first half, I figured I should go get a drink, seeing as it was my first game. Waited about 15 minutes at the bar to get served, and then stood and watched the fans inside jumping and chanting and throwing shit in the air while I finished my cider. The girls serving the bar looked to be having a horrible time, and I don't blame them with plastic bottles hurtling at them.

Went back to my seat to see that Sammy Ameobi had come on. Began to hear the chants of "If Sammy Scores, We're on the Pitch", and then, of course, he scored! A big group of fans behind me ran on, and I figured "Fuck it, its my first game, and if I don't run on and see some players I'll regret it." So I ran on, and got to pat Joey Barton on the back :D. Went over to go see Cabaye, to whom I planned to say "Its my first game too!". Someone else was talking to him, and me, not realizing how wet the grass was, slipped up and fell on my arse, and took out the feet of the guy who was already talking to him! He said it was "Nee Bother" and laughed it off, which was great!

I ran back to my seats, extremely satisfied. The fuckers who were starting up were right in front of me, and it definitely showed me the darker side of football supporters. Was pleased though that everyone else seemed to be booing them.

Additionally, from the beginning of the game, you could tell that the 15-16 year olds on the right hand side up front were not going to be good. Shirts off and rowdy is never good.

Left a couple minutes early to avoid the crowd and any potential violence. It was telling when all of the little boys and girls running around the front during the first half had left after the fight.

All in all, it was a great experience. The chants were magical, and the support was unlike anything I had ever seen. Also, I thought it was interesting that Jose and Tiote weren't playing. Hopefully that wasn't because of any potential moves. It was a night I'll never forget, and the next game I attend can't come soon enough. With any luck it'll be vs Arsenal at home in August, but I'd need to find the money for the ticket and a ride up from London as well!

You went over for a friendly away game against Darlington? :icon_lol: . My only match so far was against Preston North End so I guess I shouldnt talk :huh: . It is thrilling watching the players come out of the tunnel for the first time.

On the Front Page of Th Northern Echo too.

I was in the Darlo end as were a lot of Toon fans. I've never before seen fans in the N Stand - opposite the dug out. It was a good night til the second goal went in. Like others have said , too many beers and underprepared small club security were a bad combination. The kids, all hyper on alcopops or Sunny D and high spirits seemed to lead the invasion, followed by others who should know better. The longer it went on the more i cringed.

About the time of the second wave a few Darlo fans appeared from the SE corner and weighed in too, taking the whole thing up a notch. The Darlo fan who kicked the dugout steward, retreated and then went back for a second pop then showed his true cowardly colours by taking his bairn from his lass before walking out.

Meanwhile, in the midst of all the bedlam in the centre of the park, a young Toon invader (12 yo?) heads off on his own towards the W stand goal. He calmly places his inflatable beach ball on the penalty spot, takes a proper run up and wellies it. It balloons off to the left past the post. Hilarious contrast.

You went over for a friendly away game against Darlington? :D . My only match so far was against Preston North End so I guess I shouldnt talk ;) . It is thrilling watching the players come out of the tunnel for the first time.

Well I'm in England until August, and am/was in Newcastle for the first 4 days of the trip. Just so happened to have the friendly fall on a day I was here, which was very lucky!

Its a joke. I can't believe people think its ok and just a bit of craic? It's embarrassing. The club has been dragged through the gutter over the years and people hardly need more ammo to have a go at us. I slated that one mackem lad for running on and pushing Harper. This is nee different. You cant have a go at the mackems and then run on the pitch yourself. I agree the worse part was the fighting and smashing stuff up outside. But if nee one ran on in the first place then it's unlikely the fighting in the ground would have happened.

Newcastle's Heysel to be honest. What I can't believe is doilums over 25 years of age who are sensationalising what was fucking nothing. What about the 3000 on the pitch at Plymouth, or the 1500 Birmingham fans chucking fireworks at Villa this season?

Its not nothing though Stevie is it? Grown blokes man acting like twats running on to a pitch in the middle of a game? Get a grip man. Many might not be, but I do give a shit when the name of wor club is dragged through the shit. We dont need it man. I get that a few were pissed and thought it a laugh at the time, but that sparks off the other fuckwits who then think it's funny to start fighting with Darlo fans and so on. Why drag us down to mackem level?

Maybe I'm just to sensible in my old age. ;)

Complete embarrassment, and nothing short. We have fans moaning on when mackems run on the pitch v us yet when we have a much bigger pitch invasion, with some fans swinging off goal posts then it's just "harmless banter"

Heard it all now.

Anyone who kicked off is an arsehole. But as for the rest, Christ man, it seemed to me a lighthearted joke in a daft friendly. I was young once. They'll have a pint with their mates when they're older and say, 'You remeber the time at Darlo when we went on the pitch cos Ameobi scored?' We've all done it, man. Knickers are getting twisted for fuck all. Like I said, I don't include anyone wanting bother in this. A bit like the Mido business, much ado about nothing.

I wasn't there to be honest, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt which'll be the exact opposite to the usual anti-NUFC mob.

Parked and went up and picked up the tickets, and took a picture next to the Away Supporters sign with my ticket :D

Went back to my seat to see that Sammy Ameobi had come on. Began to hear the chants of "If Sammy Scores, We're on the Pitch", and then, of course, he scored! A big group of fans behind me ran on, and I figured "Fuck it, its my first game, and if I don't run on and see some players I'll regret it." So I ran on, and got to pat Joey Barton on the back :huh:. Went over to go see Cabaye, to whom I planned to say "Its my first game too!". Someone else was talking to him, and me, not realizing how wet the grass was, slipped up and fell on my arse, and took out the feet of the guy who was already talking to him! He said it was "Nee Bother" and laughed it off, which was great!

You went over for a friendly away game against Darlington? :icon_lol: . My only match so far was against Preston North End so I guess I shouldnt talk :icon_lol: . It is thrilling watching the players come out of the tunnel for the first time.

good stuff man :icon_lol: glad ya had a decent day oot!

Nice one Jon, that's what it's all about ……

… you hooligan. ;)

Sorry but anyone who ran on that pitch should be banned from every stadium for life tbh.

theres just no reason a supporter should be on the pitch, unless theres a disaster on the hillsbrough scale.

I disapprove of everyone going on the pitch, apart from JonTheMag. Canny hilarious that he used a pitch invasion at his first game as am impromptu meet-the-players event. ;)

Stevie, I think the very obvious point is that once a load of pissed idiots get on the pitch, then the prospect of bother is there. That's why it isn't "just a laugh".

One thing's for certain, you aint gonna forget your first game :huh: Please put the pics up when you get a chance.

On the Front Page of Th Northern Echo too.

I was in the Darlo end as were a lot of Toon fans. I've never before seen fans in the N Stand - opposite the dug out. It was a good night til the second goal went in. Like others have said , too many beers and underprepared small club security were a bad combination. The kids, all hyper on alcopops or Sunny D and high spirits seemed to lead the invasion, followed by others who should know better. The longer it went on the more i cringed.

About the time of the second wave a few Darlo fans appeared from the SE corner and weighed in too, taking the whole thing up a notch. The Darlo fan who kicked the dugout steward, retreated and then went back for a second pop then showed his true cowardly colours by taking his bairn from his lass before walking out.

Meanwhile, in the midst of all the bedlam in the centre of the park, a young Toon invader (12 yo?) heads off on his own towards the W stand goal. He calmly places his inflatable beach ball on the penalty spot, takes a proper run up and wellies it. It balloons off to the left past the post. Hilarious contrast.

:D:huh::icon_lol: Wish I'd seen that like ;)