Darlington Away

Christmas Tree

Can't see him playing the choice starting 11. Will probably give the likes of Ben Arfa/Gosling/anyone else struggling on fitness their first runouts with plenty youth popping up.

Depends on the mentality I suppose. Some managers are more concerned about purely experimenting where I think others see a winning streak as a confidence booster. Both important but I would have said the confidence one was more important due to the number of new recruits.

6 or 7 up by half time and then mix it up for me.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT not being funny but how old are you? i got the impression yr pretty young

25 at heart, 45 in reality, feeling the years spinning by far too fast. (But happy ;) )

Add onto that married at 21, 4 kids, oldest 22. Lived through negative equity various recessions etc etc and the wrinkles are mounting fast. ;)

wow wouldnt of thought yr 45, i was thinking about 15. the only reason being is you tend to get very excited about the possibility of a new signing regardless of how unlikely it mayb.

yr right about the years spinning away too fast, i am getting old and in yr case you are old :lol:

Its how young at heart you are that matters young'un :rolleyes:

25 at heart, 45 in reality, feeling the years spinning by far too fast. (But happy ;) )

Add onto that married at 21, 4 kids, oldest 22. Lived through negative equity various recessions etc etc and the wrinkles are mounting fast. ;)

wow wouldnt of thought yr 45, i was thinking about 15. the only reason being is you tend to get very excited about the possibility of a new signing regardless of how unlikely it mayb.

yr right about the years spinning away too fast, i am getting old and in yr case you are old :lol:

too right mate. so whos that kid in the avatar? son? grandson? ( am hoping its no one famous and make my self look like a fool)

too right mate. so whos that kid in the avatar? son? grandson? ( am hoping its no one famous and make my self look like a fool)

My lovely little lad. Good as gold and born just in time to celebrate 5 past Sunderland.

They grow so fast at this age so it costs a fortune in bloody strips!!!

My lovely little lad. Good as gold and born just in time to celebrate 5 past Sunderland.

They grow so fast at this age so it costs a fortune in bloody strips!!!

how old? i got a little girl 18 months

anyway we should get back to the topic, am predicting a boring 1-1. av got northing to base the prediction on, just taking a stab in the dark

Aye we've gone a tad of topic. He's 8months though and I have three girls, 22, 19 and 6.

The 22 year old used to come to a few games with me when she was about 10 and then lost interest, however now she has a fanatic newcastle fan for a boyfriend, attending games is all the rage again. :lol:

A lovely age your daughters at mind and the next few years are the really magical ones.

Once they get past six though the cheek starts and they wise up very fast. :rolleyes:

Bought my tickets for this yesterday, It's all been answered on the first page, you can drink in the ground, bogs in the ground etc.

There's a pub near the ground called copper beach where traditionally away fans go but I dunno if they're going to accommodate 6,000 geordies!

If you're after some proper ale and some decent pubs head into town and try and find Quaker House, Number 22's and the weatherspoons (tanners hall) has real ale on too. I also like tap and spile but it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Friday nights are indie/altern night at inside out and seen. So decent music at least.

Oh and the stadium may hold 25k but the council have put a 10k limit on attendances at the arena

Bought my tickets for this yesterday, It's all been answered on the first page, you can drink in the ground, bogs in the ground etc.

There's a pub near the ground called copper beach where traditionally away fans go but I dunno if they're going to accommodate 6,000 geordies!

If you're after some proper ale and some decent pubs head into town and try and find Quaker House, Number 22's and the weatherspoons (tanners hall) has real ale on too. I also like tap and spile but it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Friday nights are indie/altern night at inside out and seen. So decent music at least.

Oh and the stadium may hold 25k but the council have put a 10k limit on attendances at the arena

Yeah, I just read that. Local planning laws restrict attendances to 10,000.

Why did they build a 25k seater and why was it allowed to be built if it didn't get approval?

Watch out it might sell out fast :lol:

It definitely will.

Surely the home end will give us extra tickets though? The stadium holds 25k!

They've only got a safety certificate for 12,000 though so even if they played us in the FA Cup that's all the gate would be.

Just guessing but maybe they've 'mothballed' parts of the stadium in order to save money.

Most likely, I don't think the Blue Square Premier ever attracted a crowd of 25k.

Makes you wonder why they built such a large ground when it's plain for all to see that they couldn't fill it if they were in The Championship.

Edited by Mac-Toon

as far as i can understand they wont let them have attendances over 10k because of traffic congestion before and after the game. The Council want Darlington to pay for new roads leading to and from the stadium.

The same council who approved a 25k stadium now say the club can't get more than 10k in! I bet they'd budge if Darlo ever got a home game v Man United in the cup though!

That Hogan's is where we always stop coming back from Boro, only a mile away.

Just guessing but maybe they've 'mothballed' parts of the stadium in order to save money.

Most likely, I don't think the Blue Square Premier ever attracted a crowd of 25k.

Makes you wonder why they built such a large ground when it's plain for all to see that they couldn't fill it if they were in The Championship.

Can blame Reynolds for that, every Darlo fan I know wishes the club stayed at feethams and made some improvements rather than moving to where they are now!

That Hogan's is where we always stop coming back from Boro, only a mile away.

Right near the station £1 a bottle and £1.50 a pint, I can see why haha! It's only a 5 minute walk from my place too

as far as i can understand they wont let them have attendances over 10k because of traffic congestion before and after the game. The Council want Darlington to pay for new roads leading to and from the stadium.

The same council who approved a 25k stadium now say the club can't get more than 10k in! I bet they'd budge if Darlo ever got a home game v Man United in the cup though!

The access in terrible to and from the ground, by all accounts.

Wish it was tomorrow night instead, can't wait another 8 days to watch a match. :lol:

Makes you wonder why they built such a large ground when it's plain for all to see that they could fill it if they were in The Championship.

That's a question only George Reynolds can answer. The man was a mentalist, fuck knows why he built the thing.

It's become a millstone around the clubs neck and the cost of running place forced them into administration once already, hence why they only open parts of the ground nowadays.

You've just listed my 4 favorite drinking holes! I'd defiantly recommend The Quakerhouse, great little pub. Not so keen on 22s mind, the clientele can be a bit middle class for my tastes and it was about £3 a pint last time I was in there.

Makes you wonder why they built such a large ground when it's plain for all to see that they could fill it if they were in The Championship.

That's a question only George Reynolds can answer. The man was a mentalist, fuck knows why he built the thing.

It's become a millstone around the clubs neck and the cost of running place forced them into administration once already, hence why they only open parts of the ground nowadays.

You've just listed my 4 favorite drinking holes! I'd defiantly recommend The Quakerhouse, great little pub. Not so keen on 22s mind, the clientele can be a bit middle class for my tastes and it was about £3 a pint last time I was in there.

See you in Quaker House next friday then :lol:

I'll say this about Darlington and its' suburbs, it's absolutely no where near as shit as you imagine it will be, and also it's a very pro Newcastle town, really is. I'd bet Newcastle sympathisers out number Sunderland and Boro 5:1.

Edited by McFaul

I'll say this about Darlington and its' suburbs, it's absolutely no where near as shit as you imagine it will be, and also it's a very pro Newcastle town, really is. I'd bet Newcastle sympathisers out number Sunderland and Boro 5:1.

Would echo that. Darlo is always a pretty big pick up for toon fans on the train up I've noticed.

I've just moved to Darlo 2 weeks ago so i'll be going....takin my lass too as she's from Darlo. Will be sat in the away end like. :lol:

Will be good to see some of the new lads and a couple of the younguns.

I'd imagine we'd start with a strong side and bring on fringe and youth in the second half.

May be also worth pointing out it is a fiver to use the club car park next to the ground. The ring road to the east of the ground is out of bounds for an abandon for a quick getaway, double yellow lines too. Darlington council have taken over all traffic warden duties from the plod so expect plenty out and about for sly ticketing.

May be also worth pointing out it is a fiver to use the club car park next to the ground. The ring road to the east of the ground is out of bounds for an abandon for a quick getaway, double yellow lines too. Darlington council have taken over all traffic warden duties from the plod so expect plenty out and about for sly ticketing.

It'll be better getting the train. They'll be rammed will be like the good old days, then pile in to the toon from the Central 1030-1045 be a canny neet, can't make it though :lol:

Darlo's home ground is pretty good, the car park is huge but with the away supporters will fill up quick.

btw there is a spaca in their home support, late teens, coke bottle glasses, if you get stuck next to him, give him a slap across the head for me after you've finished with him.