Who should be monarch of an independent Scotland?

Irrelevant Nick KP

Scotland's big chief Alex Salmond has announced that if the Scots vote for independence, the country will remain a monarchy. He has also announced that the monarch will be Queen Elizabeth of England, in the same way that she is queen of Canada.

However, England has, as we all know, a law that says that the monarch is succeeded by his/her eldest son, and only if there are no sons, does the eldest daughter get a look in. Is Scotland going to ponder the fairness of this, or will they just follow whatever Westminster says (surely this would be totally against everything the SNP stands for).

Also, what would be wrong with Scotland inviting Prince Andrew to be king, or indeed Princess Anne to be queen as she is the 2nd oldest of the Queen's children. Then they would still have a monarch who was directly descended from James Stewart.

And how would people feel if England and Scotland were separate states, but had the same monarch? That's how it was from 1603 to 1707. What if there was a war between England and Scotland? Who would the monarch support?

I think it should be me, Kevin S. Assilleekunt. Why not? Having a hereditary ruling family is a pretty fucking abritrary lot of bollllllloooooccckksssss.

:lol:;) ;) B):icon_lol: :icon_lol: :rolleyes:

I think looking like horses is one of the few prerequisites.

FYP

I don't think this is an issue really. If Scotland goes independent then the Queen will be Monarch, followed by Charles (or whatever other name he chooses) and then William - the same as now. Of course at some point they may decide to become a Republic, but otherwise if its a Monarchy, it'll remain as it is.

The issue over whether the Monarchy will continue to favour sons over daughters is up for debate, but whatever happens the next two in line remain unaffected (which means its a good time to change, and in my opinion it should). It's an issue apparently that all the countries that have the Queen as head of state will discuss, but if its agreed, I can't see a future independent Scotland going against it.

Guest alex
Scotland's big chief Alex Salmond has announced that if the Scots vote for independence, the country will remain a monarchy. He has also announced that the monarch will be Queen Elizabeth of England, in the same way that she is queen of Canada.

However, England has, as we all know, a law that says that the monarch is succeeded by his/her eldest son, and only if there are no sons, does the eldest daughter get a look in. Is Scotland going to ponder the fairness of this, or will they just follow whatever Westminster says (surely this would be totally against everything the SNP stands for).

Also, what would be wrong with Scotland inviting Prince Andrew to be king, or indeed Princess Anne to be queen as she is the 2nd oldest of the Queen's children. Then they would still have a monarch who was directly descended from James Stewart.

And how would people feel if England and Scotland were separate states, but had the same monarch? That's how it was from 1603 to 1707. What if there was a war between England and Scotland? Who would the monarch support?

I think you might mean Stuart. Unless there's been some liaison with the bloke out of Rear Window that I'm unaware of.

I think you might mean Stuart. Unless there's been some liaison with the bloke out of Rear Window that I'm unaware of.

tumblr_l31r9bhQKO1qa1id2o1_250.gif

The issue over whether the Monarchy will continue to favour sons over daughters is (...) an issue apparently that all the countries that have the Queen as head of state will discuss, .

Britain alone should decide whether it's the oldest son or the oldest child. It is Britain who pays for the royal family.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Someone that represents the population perfectly.

A real life version of....

_513973_bremner.trainspotting_150.jpg

...would be ideal

You seen the size of his cock.

The Scottish maybe a bunch of knobs :lol: but I doubt they're that well hung.