Robbing Bastards!

Kid Dynamite

Had a right fanny on today! Got my phone bill through to find £55 of charges for mobile internet over the last 4 weeks :lol:

I rang Orange who said that when I signed up to an 18month contract in 2009 they offered me free mobile internet for 18 months as a loyalty bonus and this had expired the day I upgraded in May this year.

My argument was that when I signed up to this contract in 2009 I was told on the phone that my new contract was 200mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and free insurance, no mention of any of it being temporary. They replied it said on my bills for the last 18months it was a temporary upgrade and I should have gotten a text telling me that it had expired, which I didn't. I argued that surely they should have mentioned something about this when I was speaking to them about upgrading my phone for another 18 months as what sort of idiot would agree to getting a smartphone and paying £50 a month data charges on top of their bill every month.

Anyway they refused to budge all morning, saying it's all my fault when they happened to mention that they needs to reimburse me 2 months handset insurance that they have been charging me since my upgrade in May, despite me not agreeing to pay it. Bingo!

He knew then they had dropped a bollock so he agreed to reimburse me all of the data charges from the date of my upgrade and put the internet bundle back onto my account.

I don't know who is the biggest robbing bastard, Sky or phone companies.

It's a throwback to his earlier days, but whenever I see a thread started by J69 where he's the victim, I always open it expecting to take the other side :lol:

Being told something over the phone is meaninigless unless it's backed up on paper. I bet there was enough in the small print to cover it being a 'temporary' deal.

As for saying that they 'surely should have mentioned something at upgrade time', why would they? They're selling something and they'll argue that it's your responsibility to check the details, not their's.