Leeds United vs Newcastle United

Jan

'Jealous'.

One word to Sum up Sunderland's existence.

Deluded

One word to Sum up a mags existence

I really don't understand why you lot come on here?

cheers me up :o

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can there be any dispute over biggest club in the North East btw? :o

there is no dispute... Newcastle are the biggest club in north east

But some of you lot actually believe that Sunderland is a 'nothing' club and that your away followings are 'far superior' to ours. Its this total disregard that pisses us off.

Our home average attendances have been well over 40k for the past 5 seasons. We take thousands of fans all over the country and sell out almost every away game. Only ones we don't sell out are some night time games to be fair.

Newcastle are the bigger club, but the gap is nowhere near the 'gulf' that some of you claim it to be

Our home average attendances have been well over 40k for the past 5 seasons.

40011 10/11

40355 09/10

40168 08/09

43344 07/08

31887 06/07

Really? Deluded :o

But some of you lot actually believe that Sunderland is a 'nothing' club and that your away followings are 'far superior' to ours. Its this total disregard that pisses us off.

Our home average attendances have been well over 40k for the past 5 seasons. We take thousands of fans all over the country and sell out almost every away game. Only ones we don't sell out are some night time games to be fair.

Newcastle are the bigger club, but the gap is nowhere near the 'gulf' that some of you claim it to be

bearing in mind the utter crap we have put up with since the mags were formed in 92 ....Sunderland the yoyo team etc, our attendances are brilliant.

Our home average attendances have been well over 40k for the past 5 seasons.

40011 10/11

40355 09/10

40168 08/09

43344 07/08

31887 06/07

Really? Deluded :o

that was the season in the championship after the 15point season....still canny though but !!!

I was in awe of the barcelona of the north (founded in 1992), i was jealous of the 1million on the season ticket waiting list, the public shows of crying on national tv,the keegan rants, the permed assistant manager, the jordie nation, shoes off and the constant flag waving.

bearing in mind the utter crap we have put up with since the mags were formed in 92 ....Sunderland the yoyo team etc, our attendances are brilliant.

1992-tastic!!

So before the famous 1992 when we formed, did Sunderland have the best football team/players/stars/attendences?

Or are you just a little bitter and talking shite? You can have a bonus point if you can include the words 'deluded' and 'smashed phoneboxes' to go with the '1992' guff.

Yeh pretty much. That's how it works.

its all about the attendances :o

In that case you must be saying that any team apart from Man U, Arsenal, Man city and Newcastle are 'nothing' clubs

Can you not see how deluded you look?

Nah most are alright.

Just Sunderland, the definition of a nothing club.

'Jealous'.

Deluded

I think one of the main things that they are jealous about that never gets discussed is how comfortable we are living in our own little bubble not caring about anything else outside of it. They wish they could be like that but they don't value their own sense of importance highly enough to feel comfortable with an existance of concentrating on themselves rather than having us in it as well. We just don't care, I know lots about football but I don't even class myself as a football fan anymore, I'm a Newcastle fan and I don't really care about anything else (England now and then) and that's it.

I think you only have to look on youtube and the interweb in general to realise that both sets of supporters are obsessed with getting one up on each other ....thats what fierce rivalry involves (and Sunderland and newcastle is more than just football related)

BTW i know alot of mags and most are canny in their own way (realistic) but some are very delusional ie....biggest club in the world ...biggest club in the north east etc etc !! :o

I think that'll be people from your South Tyneside's, your Washington's, your Durham's. In Newcastle no one cares we just look down our nose at SAFC and your city dismissively and that's it really. Do you want me to tell you a stat mate? Sunderland have beaten Newcastle home and away combined four times in THIRTY YEARS.

Our attendances are on par with Chelsea and Liverpool ffs, and better than Spurs, Villa, Everton.

So why don't people give you the same respect?

Is it because the above teams don't drop a division every few years and you've played as low as the 3rd tier?

Our attendances are on par with Chelsea and Liverpool ffs, and better than Spurs, Villa, Everton.

So why don't people give you the same respect?

Is it because the above teams don't drop a division every few years and you've played as low as the 3rd tier?

Yet despite all the shit we have had to put up with we still get over 40k. Fuckin unbelievable turnout if you ask anyone except a deluded mag

These mackem younguns ;) If you take our biggest average attendance in the ten years prior to 92. 29,810 and our biggest average attendance in the Sky Era 52,032. That's an increase of 74%. Sunderland's largest average attendance in the ten years pre-Sky was 22,639 and post Sky revoloution 46,791. So what does that show other than mackems are mugs? It shows your gates increased by 106% while ours increased by only 74%. So you have more new fans than we do, it shows we've always been better supported, and our gates increased in general in line with the initial size of the fanbase pre sky, as we've generally ALWAYS been 2nd-7th best supported club in the country, we've been third now for years, so explain the 1992 fascination, and don't mention 1991, because I'll just make yous look like mugs.

Edited by McFaul

'Jealous'.

Deluded

I think one of the main things that they are jealous about that never gets discussed is how comfortable we are living in our own little bubble not caring about anything else outside of it. They wish they could be like that but they don't value their own sense of importance highly enough to feel comfortable with an existance of concentrating on themselves rather than having us in it as well. We just don't care, I know lots about football but I don't even class myself as a football fan anymore, I'm a Newcastle fan and I don't really care about anything else (England now and then) and that's it.

I think you only have to look on youtube and the interweb in general to realise that both sets of supporters are obsessed with getting one up on each other ....thats what fierce rivalry involves (and Sunderland and newcastle is more than just football related)

BTW i know alot of mags and most are canny in their own way (realistic) but some are very delusional ie....biggest club in the world ...biggest club in the north east etc etc !! ;)

I think that'll be people from your South Tyneside's, your Washington's, your Durham's. In Newcastle no one cares we just look down our nose at SAFC and your city dismissively and that's it really. Do you want me to tell you a stat mate? Sunderland have beaten Newcastle home and away combined four times in THIRTY YEARS.

cheers for looking up that stat for me :o

Yet despite all the shit we have had to put up with we still get over 40k. Fuckin unbelievable turnout if you ask anyone except a deluded mag

Poor bairns! :o

You got an average Championship crowd - for the top team in the league to get - and now the chips are 'up' the crowd have come back. Your tickets are some of the cheapest in the league so it's hardly a surprise.

There's still 10k watching it on dodgy foreign telly in the pub.

These mackem younguns ;) If you take our biggest average attendance in the ten years prior to 92. 29,810 and our biggest average attendance in the Sky Era 52,032. That's an increase of 57%. Sunderland's largest average attendance in the ten years pre-Sky was 22,639 and post Sky revoloution 46,791. So what does that show other than mackems are mugs? It shows your gates increased by 106% while ours increased by only 74%. So you have more new fans than we do, it shows we've always been better supported, and our gates increased in general in line with the initial size of the fanbase pre sky, as we've generally ALWAYS been 2nd-7th best supported club in the country, we've been third now for years, so explain the 1992 fascination, and don't mention 1991, because I'll just make yous look like mugs.

whats newcastles catchment area compared to Sunderlands btw out of interest info man ???