Leeds United vs Newcastle United

Jan

'Jealous'.

One word to Sum up Sunderland's existence.

Deluded

One word to Sum up a mags existence

I think one of the main things that they are jealous about that never gets discussed is how comfortable we are living in our own little bubble not caring about anything else outside of it. They wish they could be like that but they don't value their own sense of importance highly enough to feel comfortable with an existance of concentrating on themselves rather than having us in it as well. We just don't care, I know lots about football but I don't even class myself as a football fan anymore, I'm a Newcastle fan and I don't really care about anything else (England now and then) and that's it.

I think you only have to look on youtube and the interweb in general to realise that both sets of supporters are obsessed with getting one up on each other ....thats what fierce rivalry involves (and Sunderland and newcastle is more than just football related)

BTW i know alot of mags and most are canny in their own way (realistic) but some are very delusional ie....biggest club in the world ...biggest club in the north east etc etc !! ;)

I think that'll be people from your South Tyneside's, your Washington's, your Durham's. In Newcastle no one cares we just look down our nose at SAFC and your city dismissively and that's it really. Do you want me to tell you a stat mate? Sunderland have beaten Newcastle home and away combined four times in THIRTY YEARS.

cheers for looking up that stat for me :o

I'm just trying to explain why even in football terms we continue to expect to beat you. Especially after utterly dominating the two games last season.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Sunderland are a small club, just not as big as us.

The delusion sets in for Sunderland fans when they think their constant attempts to merely one-up us aren't hindering their progression as a football club. Europe was still a possibility for Sunderland when Brucie was saying "finishing above Newcastle" was their ambition last year.

Get in... early finish!!!

Fuck the lot of you

FTM

You're a grown man holding an inferiority complex over a massive group of people, many of which you won't meet, simply because they were born in a better city and support a bigger football club.

Shame you can't express that like a grown man.

Get in... early finish!!!

Fuck the lot of you

FTM

You're a grown man holding an inferiority complex over a massive group of people, many of which you won't meet, simply because they were born in a better city and support a bigger football club.

Shame you can't express that like a grown man.

I thought it was eloquent and to the point :o

Tail between the legs again for the Mackem, Felch.

That's just it, and it goes for all of them in my experience, they can come out with random derogatory mumbles, but it all goes pear shaped when you probe them. Same old stories.

How can there be any dispute over biggest club in the North East btw? :o

there is no dispute... Newcastle are the biggest club in north east

But some of you lot actually believe that Sunderland is a 'nothing' club and that your away followings are 'far superior' to ours. Its this total disregard that pisses us off.

Our home average attendances have been well over 40k for the past 5 seasons. We take thousands of fans all over the country and sell out almost every away game. Only ones we don't sell out are some night time games to be fair.

Newcastle are the bigger club, but the gap is nowhere near the 'gulf' that some of you claim it to be

bearing in mind the utter crap we have put up with since the mags were formed in 92 ....Sunderland the yoyo team etc, our attendances are brilliant.

These mackem younguns ;) If you take our biggest average attendance in the ten years prior to 92. 29,810 and our biggest average attendance in the Sky Era 52,032. That's an increase of 57%. Sunderland's largest average attendance in the ten years pre-Sky was 22,639 and post Sky revoloution 46,791. So what does that show other than mackems are mugs? It shows your gates increased by 106% while ours increased by only 74%. So you have more new fans than we do, it shows we've always been better supported, and our gates increased in general in line with the initial size of the fanbase pre sky, as we've generally ALWAYS been 2nd-7th best supported club in the country, we've been third now for years, so explain the 1992 fascination, and don't mention 1991, because I'll just make yous look like mugs.

whats newcastles catchment area compared to Sunderlands btw out of interest info man ???

You miss my point you thick cunt. You cite 1992 as a time where Newcastle fans came from no where, I've pointed out pre Sky to post Sky you have proportionately more new fans than us you total meff.

Re: catchment area. Wor exclusive catchment area should be about 600,000 Newcastle and North Tyneside. Yours should be about the same Sunderland and East Durham, with inbetween areas like Gateshead, South Tyneside and Durham. It's not wor fault if inbetweeners choose to support us, it's certainly not cos our tickets are cheaper.

Edited by McFaul

Just paid the scum 13 pounds to watch this, I feel dirty. Then i wanted to cancel my monthly subscription and they didnt even have a service for it. Basically have to mail them. Dirty dirty Leeds website. :o

How the fuck is Sunderland a city? :o

The size of it probably ;)

and why all these comments about Sunderland being a shithole, have i insulted some of the shitheap places in the toon ???.....aye its not the best but thats nee ones fault apart the tossers we have in charge locally and nationally (yous should know something about that)...its my city and i ferkin love it ;)

The size of it probably

Incorrect.

The metropolitan borough was granted city status in 1992, the 40th anniversary of the Queen's accession. At the Queen's Golden Jubilee the city petitioned to be allowed a Lord Mayor, but was unsuccessful. Although the city does not have a Cathedral, as it is located in the Diocese of Durham, it does have Sunderland Minster.

Basically like winning £1 on a Scratch card after your Neighbours won euromillions the week before.

The size of it probably

Incorrect.

The metropolitan borough was granted city status in 1992, the 40th anniversary of the Queen's accession. At the Queen's Golden Jubilee the city petitioned to be allowed a Lord Mayor, but was unsuccessful. Although the city does not have a Cathedral, as it is located in the Diocese of Durham, it does have Sunderland Minster.

Basically like winning £1 on a Scratch card after your Neighbours won euromillions the week before.

But Sunderland is the biggest city in the north east ....fact ! not that its got anything to do with anything.

How can there be any dispute over biggest club in the North East btw? :o

there is no dispute... Newcastle are the biggest club in north east

But some of you lot actually believe that Sunderland is a 'nothing' club and that your away followings are 'far superior' to ours. Its this total disregard that pisses us off.

Our home average attendances have been well over 40k for the past 5 seasons. We take thousands of fans all over the country and sell out almost every away game. Only ones we don't sell out are some night time games to be fair.

Newcastle are the bigger club, but the gap is nowhere near the 'gulf' that some of you claim it to be

bearing in mind the utter crap we have put up with since the mags were formed in 92 ....Sunderland the yoyo team etc, our attendances are brilliant.

These mackem younguns ;) If you take our biggest average attendance in the ten years prior to 92. 29,810 and our biggest average attendance in the Sky Era 52,032. That's an increase of 57%. Sunderland's largest average attendance in the ten years pre-Sky was 22,639 and post Sky revoloution 46,791. So what does that show other than mackems are mugs? It shows your gates increased by 106% while ours increased by only 74%. So you have more new fans than we do, it shows we've always been better supported, and our gates increased in general in line with the initial size of the fanbase pre sky, as we've generally ALWAYS been 2nd-7th best supported club in the country, we've been third now for years, so explain the 1992 fascination, and don't mention 1991, because I'll just make yous look like mugs.

whats newcastles catchment area compared to Sunderlands btw out of interest info man ???

Yes, Sunderland is surrounded by The North Sea and some of your fans have died.

There's some more excuses for you.

Can't be chewed rumbling through this thread. Don't suppose this will be on any tv?

It's going out live on LUTV according to .com

Not looked much but no sign of it on myp2p

I know it's not 'COOL' putting links up but if anyone finds it, can they at least give a clue as to it's wherabouts

cheeaz

Can't be chewed rumbling through this thread. Don't suppose this will be on any tv?

It's going out live on LUTV according to .com

Not looked much but no sign of it on myp2p

I know it's not 'COOL' putting links up but if anyone finds it, can they at least give a clue as to it's wherabouts

cheeaz

Jose Enrique hasn't travelled with NUFC neither has Alan Smith.