Wheres the money gone then?

Deano

I have my opinions and you have yours, you dont agree with my outlook and i certainly dont agree with yours neither.

I dont want to be pointed in your direction. Dont patronise me you condesending arsehole.

I don't have "opinions", I am speaking facts, absolute facts, when I tell you the position the club was in when the last owners found it and where they left it.

The fact, is that you are now wanting the owner to speculate on quality footballers, which is precisely what the old owners did for 15 years, and for which arseholes like you gave them flak for doing. This is how we got those league positions and appeared in europe regularly and the Champions League.

It is my opinion that Mike Ashley will not do this, but having witnessed such owners before ie pre-1992, such owners are easy to spot by their actions, lies, selling of best players, and buying policies, and other things.

After 4 years, I am to date very much correct in everything I have said almost since Ashley got his feet under his desk, and the clock is ticking for brainwashed fools like you who are living in a fantasy world and won't listen.

If you find I'm condesending, then it is purely down to your own stupidity that I have to keep repeating myself.

And that's the bit that won't sink in

one of the biggest clubs in europe, not a club with small limited potential that needs to sell to survive like the Boltons and Blackburns of this world, running a low cost operation, which is what you are advocating.

What doesn't sink in with you, is the fact that you will not challenge the likes of Liverpool and Spurs - clubs with smaller support and stadiums than we do for starters - if you sell them your best players and pocket the money.

Spot on LM, I've had too much to drink but its unbelievable that some people cannot see how Ashley is dragging us down - all my NUFC friends who go to the games regularly and all my friends who are villa, blues, wolves and wba fans can see exactly what Ashley is doing - why is it some people on here and on NO cannot see what is going on? For fuck sake he is killing the club and it beggars belief that some people cannot see the bigger picture

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say I didn't mean to fly off the handle? That was a bit much. Just read it back this morning, what a cock I look like.

For the record I wasn't referring to the likes of Chez, Toonpack et al as being thick. They are obviously intelligent guys. It was more CT who got me going who, in his own words, is willing to except explanations from the club which he doesn't understand. That kind of lack of reasoning ability is disturbing.

I will say this though. It's not everyday that we receive a £35 million transfer fee. It can't possibly be budgeted for yet wages are always going to need to be paid. Using the precedent set by this sale, the club are saying we need to sell a player for £35 million every x number of years to pay the wages, that simply is not going to happen. This is where the argument falls down for me. If every club needed to sell players for absolute mega bucks to pay wages once every few years football clubs wouldn't exist for very long. This is what I mean by, 'not a prudent approach'. You can't budget for winning the lotto.

For the record, I also find this economics debate a dead end. But if the club purchase one big name striker I will be happy. That's all. I don't mind us selling players. Especially selling Carroll for £35 million. That is really good business. But he needs to be replaced. And longer it goes without him being replaced the less likely it is too happen in my opinion.

Assuming we don't sell them first.

This whole wages thing is winding me right up. Not that the club are saying it, but that some people are that stupid they buy into it.

Pardew and Llambias have both confirmed that the club are 're-investing' the Carroll money in transfer fees, wages, the training ground, and other assorted projects. So what is being 'bought into' here?

Wages :D

That isn't an answer.

Is the Carroll money being re-invested into wages or is it not? If it is, what's being 'bought into?' If it isn't, and people are 'buying into' the idea that it is, then why are Pardew and Llambias saying that it is? Is that supposed to be some sort of smokescreen?

Unless you think we pay players five years in advanced the Carroll money is going into the bank, which means paying off the over draft.

Why are some people still soaking up that we have £35 million from Carroll as though its the only money the club generates and the only money that is gonna be put into the club, and then cling onto the hope that we're gonna be "financially stable" or whatever this season or next. What then? What about when we are "financially stable" do you see us making £35 million every year to spend on players, wages, training grounds, pitches, cups of tea, Tuna sarnies, loafs of Warburtons, Utterly butterly, cutlery to eat with, batteries for the sky remotes etc

We'll be making next to nothing compared to the £35 Million we currently have and then yous'll be soaking it up when we're buying/loaning/getting for free players who dont improve the team or dont kick us on to the next level because Llambiass will spout some more bullshit and then yous'll lap it up like yous are doing now and then continue to spout the "financial fair rules shyte" when we're not even in Europe and dont even look like qualifying for it because other teams are surpassing us whilst we're standing still/going backwards

Pardew's already said we're only gonna sign two more players, probably erdinc and Taylor and if thats the case id rather have kept Carroll, because at least then we'll have showed more ambition than we're currently showing now

This whole wages thing is winding me right up. Not that the club are saying it, but that some people are that stupid they buy into it.

Pardew and Llambias have both confirmed that the club are 're-investing' the Carroll money in transfer fees, wages, the training ground, and other assorted projects. So what is being 'bought into' here?

That isn't an answer.

Is the Carroll money being re-invested into wages or is it not? If it is, what's being 'bought into?' If it isn't, and people are 'buying into' the idea that it is, then why are Pardew and Llambias saying that it is? Is that supposed to be some sort of smokescreen?

Unless you think we pay players five years in advanced the Carroll money is going into the bank, which means paying off the over draft.

selling players to pay for a stadium/stand is what they did when they sold Beardsley and Gazza. A few years later we had one foot in the 3rd division and were a fucking damn sight closer to bankruptcy and administration than we were ever supposed to be while we were filling the 2nd biggest stadium in the country every home game.

People should think about this. Seriously. Without swallowing bullshit and utter bollocks from the club who have lied to us from day 1.

Ironic too that the clubs who bought Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza are also the clubs we should be aiming to catch again, which we did when we adopted the approach that they do.

Don't know why this keeps needing to be spelled out. Amazing.

Another point to consider is that Ashley, as much as we hate him is no fool when it comes to money. It's quite likely that the Carroll dosh has been sneaked out the back door through some accounting jiggery pokey to a private account in the name of one M.Ashley. Who would know? At the end of the day it's his money, and does anybody really think that when push comes to shove he'd put Newcastle United ahead of Mike Ashley? All the baloney about interest free loans etc. to prop up the club is just as likely accounting smoke and mirrors for all we know. Bottom line - he's not splashing the cash to build a better team and even a mug like me can pick that out.

OK - so we need a new quality striker. Just say we are prepared to spend 15M, and have a sensible, I think, salary cap of 50K p.w. plus good bonuses. Where, and who, is this striker because I can't find him. I don't want Defoe, Cole Keane etc, so please tell me, bearing in mind the salary restrictions, who do you want?

A good example of a quality purchase last season was Hernandez, so I suppose there are more like him somewhere?

That isn't an answer.

So the club are lying to us, then, about spending the Carroll money on the squad. Is that it?

I ♥ Cocks … :D

I just love it that this mong has no choice but to log in with that username.

Seething.

Yeah your club is totally taking the piss out of you and so am i , keep up at the back

This thread isnt about sunderland or the players we have bought its about "WHERES THE MONEY GONE THEN"

Fucking idiots cant even grasp what is happening in front of there faces

NO FUCKER DECENT WANTS TO COME TO YOUR CLUB ITS A RUNNING JOKE , LOOK WHO YOU ARE SIGNING AND THEN THEY TELL YOU THE £35 MILLION IS INCLUDED IN WAGES AND TELEPHONE BOX REPAIRS HAHAHAHAHAAH GOD ALL FUCKING MIGHTY TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELVES

You have spent £500.00 in the transfer market so when Pardew quoted "The one thing I said to Mike was, ‘Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it , And he has assured me of that.

La la la de la dee la

Doubt he will spend £34 million in the next fucking 10 seasons never mind this one !!!! hAHAHAHAHAHAHA class

MUGS

Just love how they are so obsessed they can remember every one of the toons quotes, spendings and signings

Want me to throw a black and white shirt your way matey?

No its just that most of you cant accept the truth

He did say that....he wont invest it on players.....conclusion? .............

Just love how they are so obsessed they can remember every one of the toons quotes, spendings and signings

Want me to throw a black and white shirt your way matey?

No its just that most of you cant accept the truth

He did say that....he wont invest it on players.....conclusion? .............

Herp a derp