Sign in to follow this  
henda11

Help with a portfolio

Our lass is looking to try modelling. Shes done it in the past, through competitions and what not, and through agencies, but the alot of them are just out to try and swindle you of your money. so after speaking with a friend of mine who has done modelling for various catalogues, he said its just better to get your own portfolio together and just approach magazines,catalogues and so forth who are looking for models.

Anyway what i'm wanting to know is if there is anyone on here who knows of anyone who can do a shoot in a studio with her and put together a portfolio for a decent price?, as what shes been qouted by others is just ridiculous money.

Our lass is looking to try modelling. Shes done it in the past, through competitions and what not, and through agencies, but the alot of them are just out to try and swindle you of your money. so after speaking with a friend of mine who has done modelling for various catalogues, he said its just better to get your own portfolio together and just approach magazines,catalogues and so forth who are looking for models.

Anyway what i'm wanting to know is if there is anyone on here who knows of anyone who can do a shoot in a studio with her and put together a portfolio for a decent price?, as what shes been qouted by others is just ridiculous money.

Why not try the girl who usually posts in photography who has her own studio. Elle or Ellie I think. She will probably give you a few general pointers as well.

Could get it done quite cheap. As said above, she knows the ins and outs of Studio's etc. I would also happily give time for prints etc. She gets the shots and I get the experience. Ajax Andy might be interested in that as well. Might be worth a shot as a cheap start before going the expensive route? Some of the studio's include props etc.

Why not try the girl who usually posts in photography who has her own studio. Elle or Ellie I think. She will probably give you a few general pointers as well.

Cheers CT, i forgot about her.

Yeah i'd be happy to help her out... I should have my own studio space up and running by mid to end of August in town.

Technically I dont actually own the studio space, its part of my wifes work and if i'm using it I have to bung the owner a little bit of what ever I make, but it's not a lot so could probs do the shoot and all images on disk for about £30.

I'm happy to shoot on location too and enjoy outdoor photography, so if she wants to do something outside of a studio let me know.

If you show her these pics then she'll have an idea of my style, and then if she's interested just let me know:

5185140755_0c88968d48_z.jpg

5185132783_324556c64e_z.jpg

5215599502_ce3557c956_z.jpg

5898608654_8949b4487a_z.jpg

5530037723_1300178324_z.jpg