The three legends

Slaven is a prick, mackems look up to NUFC, and smoggies look up to NUFC and you lot - and why people engage in responding seriously to what you post - as well as a few others including that Polish idiot - is a mystery to me.

:rolleyes::D:D:D:D

jesus christ

Newcastle is the commercial, industrial and footballing/sporting capital of the NorthEast, by far, and you know it.

Nobody outside the UK has barely even heard of sunderland, and those that have think - correctly - it is a small town near Newcastle, as do the majority of the UK.

Small, dismal town near Newcastle LM. Get it right.

correct

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to listen to the Legends show when Eric Gates was on, hated him but he spoke the most sense, when he left it went downhill rapidly. They are all woefully unaware of recent football news despite being on the radio every night and attending matches, none of them seem to understand they can verify pretty easy knowledge they often get wrong by using that internet thingy, any social media is beyind them and their 'banter' is childish, puerile and if a woman (of any age) rings up it's like On the Buses or a Carry On film.

Thankfully Total Sport is on BBC Newcastle, wish it lasted another half hour though.

I used to listen to the Legends show when Eric Gates was on, hated him but he spoke the most sense, when he left it went downhill rapidly. They are all woefully unaware of recent football news despite being on the radio every night and attending matches, none of them seem to understand they can verify pretty easy knowledge they often get wrong by using that internet thingy, any social media is beyind them and their 'banter' is childish, puerile and if a woman (of any age) rings up it's like On the Buses or a Carry On film.

Thankfully Total Sport is on BBC Newcastle, wish it lasted another half hour though.

Eric Gates had a disgusting whining voice, but he was the best of the 3. Knew the mackems were shite and didn't mind admitting it.

Dunno if you heard it last night, but MM was on about N'Zogbia. 'He was treated like a dog by the club, played him at left back a lot...SBR christened him Insomnia' They were all unsure if this was the case and in a flap MM asked for callers to verify.

Only the obvious producer in his earpiece telling him it was JFK marginally saved him some face .

Or the left-handers.

One of the lads was coming back from Fulham on train a few years ago and was trying to blag a seat in First Class on way back. Pissed up etc and got rumbled. Making his bitter forced exit from the carriage, can in hand, he passed MM and thrust it in his face uttering "I bet you'd fuckin kill for one of these wouldnt ya !"

Dunno if you heard it last night, but MM was on about N'Zogbia. 'He was treated like a dog by the club, played him at left back a lot...SBR christened him Insomnia' They were all unsure if this was the case and in a flap MM asked for callers to verify.

Only the obvious producer in his earpiece telling him it was JFK marginally saved him some face .

Thats exactly the sort of basic, utterly incorrect statement they are all capable of making. Poor form.

Newcastle is the commercial, industrial and footballing/sporting capital of the NorthEast, by far, and you know it.

Nobody outside the UK has barely even heard of sunderland, and those that have think - correctly - it is a small town near Newcastle, as do the majority of the UK.

Small town with almost the same population eh? :D

People like you are the reason we call mags 'deluded'

There is very little between our clubs in terms of size, history, fanbase.

Sunderland fans like newcastle fans come from generations of hard working, working class families (miners, shipbuilders)

newcastle is the nicer of the two cities. No doubt about it. But to say that Newcastle is the industrial capital of the north east is fukin laughable.

In my honest opinion people from Sunderland are generally more polite, more friendly and more down to earth than people from newcastle

Not being from either city I agree with this.

Newcastle has people like... well, Leazes Mag living in it, which just about sums the place up, looks nice but still has inbred fucking morons living in it who look down on everyone else for no reason, plenty of shitholes in Newcastle too.

People in Sunderland are always very polite and helpful, whenever you're stuck be it with directions they'll help you out, ask for directions in Newcastle and you can't understand a word the fuckers say, the broad Geordie accent is absolutely disgusting, "ya need to gan reet owa hyar"... ;)

Maybe the group of Peruvians who visited St James' Park a couple of years ago who were racially abused by some Mag will agree with me, they ended up visiting the SoL and went home with a shirt each, just about sums the difference in attitudes up.

Yes, that completely ties in with your comments about not setting foot in Sunderland unless you go to a match but going to Newcastle on nights out.

As somebody who's not from Newcastle but has been there plenty of times, I can say Rhys thats a load of shite. I can't compare it with Sunderland however, I was advised a long time ago not to bother, never had a reason to go and I've never been. Looking at the pictures I can't say I've missed out. I've met a few people from Sunderland and they've generally been all right.

Sunderland fans like newcastle fans come from generations of hard working, working class families (miners, shipbuilders)

newcastle is the nicer of the two cities. No doubt about it. But to say that Newcastle is the industrial capital of the north east is fukin laughable.

In my honest opinion people from Sunderland are generally more polite, more friendly and more down to earth than people from newcastle

Newcastle has people like... well, Leazes Mag living in it, which just about sums the place up, looks nice but still has inbred fucking morons living in it who look down on everyone else for no reason, plenty of shitholes in Newcastle too.

People in Sunderland are always very polite and helpful, whenever you're stuck be it with directions they'll help you out, ask for directions in Newcastle and you can't understand a word the fuckers say, the broad Geordie accent is absolutely disgusting, "ya need to gan reet owa hyar"... ;)

Maybe the group of Peruvians who visited St James' Park a couple of years ago who were racially abused by some Mag will agree with me, they ended up visiting the SoL and went home with a shirt each, just about sums the difference in attitudes up.

YAY, unsubstantiated anecdotal evidence!

I went to sunderland and I watched as feral paedophile dogs raped a crippled war hero. True fact.

Edited by The Fish

can't possibly comment on what it is like living in sunderland, as other than football matches, I've only been there once for a day out, many years ago.

And it was crap, nothing there whatsoever apart from a few spit and sawdust pubs. Nowt wrong with that, but you need a bit more.....

and I've been to a canny few shit little towns and dive bars in my time.

Edited by LeazesMag

;) I once asked for directions in Sunderland and literally got told to "piss off and ask the police" The place is full of unpolite scruffs, especially if they hear you're a Geordie. Everyone from out the area I met at uni prefers the people and general feel of Newcastle. Also, not denying Newcastle has it's rough parts but the CENTRE OF Sunderland looks like Newcastle's shit holes.

Very surprised Rhys and co haven't trotted out "Mag at work" yet tbh.

• 1 year later...
Guest CabayeAye

Being from a neutral zone, I can safely say that the vast majority of mackems are classless chav cunts. Geordies do have their fair share of twats too, but generally the city is more upmarket and friendlier.

It was only ever worth listening to for that bloke who used to scream "BERNIE!" all the time.

'Bert' his laugh was canny too . Was an asian fella from Smog who used to phone that was canny value - Queban or summat he was called.

Had a mental high pitched inflection to end his sentences in a half smog/asian accent . "Its'a desperation times now berNIE !"

As lame as it all was at times I'll kinda miss it . It had it's moments . Last season it was probably at it's lowest in terms of diversity of caller and self-implosion of the relentless bitter Makem. I think that went a long way to folk fucking it off actually. That and more intrusive shit competitions aimed at morning housewives . 'Cash for Gash' or whatever . The Ando/Gabbiadini one on Rad Ncle ? is lame too imo . Local legend Wraith does one too I believe but never bothered with it .