Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

If we start with Shola and Demba, hopefully both Colo and Steven Taylor will be fit and we will cause them all sorts of problems with corners and set plays.

The mackems are desperate for a result including a draw but if we can score early, theres no reason why we cant run out comfortable winners cos I have a feeling their fans will get on their backs especially if they try and defend for most of the match

I wouldn't start with Shola. He's worth leaving on the bench, just so we can play with their nerves when he warms up and starts doing squats in front of their fans.

Imagine the butterflies in their collective stomach when he comes on with half an hour to go, with the score at 0-0...

The nerves starting to kick in a little now. First time I havent got a ticket for years. Was even tempted to go amongst the scum but done it before and dont think it would be sensible to do it again especially when Demba makes it 2 - 0. Hopefully AP has the lads properly pumped up for this one

I wouldn't start with Shola. He's worth leaving on the bench, just so we can play with their nerves when he warms up and starts doing squats in front of their fans.

Imagine the butterflies in their collective stomach when he comes on with half an hour to go, with the score at 0-0...

I agree he shouldn't start. People are getting carried away with the fact he keeps scoring against them, he isn't good enough to start. Bring him on with 15 to go.

(4-4-2): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Santon; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ba, Shola Ameobi.

Taylor is on the bench though. Along with Cisse, ferguson, Harper, Perch, Obertan and Anita.

Edited by OTF

Daft to start the lad imo. The lift when he comes off the bench is lost.

Largely agree with this, but suspect Pardew wanted a local in the side. For me that should have been Taylor... If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start ahead of Williamson IMO. Williamson seems the type to bottle it under derby pressure - hope

I'm wrong there...

Shite shite spot they've assigned for away seating.

Really do not like our third strip and believe we should wear nothing but our black and white in the derby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
“This is the first opportunity that has arisen to do something that I’ve always felt passionately about,” explained Ameobi.

“It’s a great honour and I don’t take it lightly. Nigeria is where I’m from, that’s my heritage and I’ve never forgotten my roots.

“You’d be a fool if you didn’t want to play at the very highest level and certainly I’m no fool.

"I want to play at the top, as every other player does – that’s what drives me and that’s why I’m still here wanting to play in the Premier League.

"I don’t just want to be a local hero, I want to be an international one. That’s what has driven the decision.”

Asked about Pardew’s misgivings, Ameobi added: “I think with my age and the travelling, that’s what he’s worried about.

"You don’t get back until later, you don’t get much time to recover, but it’s something that we will look at and make sure I’m not doing a disservice to the club.”

Edited by Happy Face
tidied