Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

what length of contract is he on ?

The club have rejected his terms of a new one ? [i've been away for a few days again so I don't know if this has been in the press or not]

Good news or bad, considering who may replace him if he goes.

Desperate times.

One year left and i think he's on about 40k a week.

Simlar situation to Barton and Enriques only difference is theres probably no one interested in him.

Im happy for him to see his last year out and be finally rid of him. He however wants a long term extension in which the club wont be offering.

One year left and i think he's on about 40k a week.

Simlar situation to Barton and Enriques only difference is theres probably no one interested in him.

Im happy for him to see his last year out and be finally rid of him. He however wants a long term extension in which the club wont be offering.

I would agree with that, but what sort of replacement would they get ?

Remember, a joke like this should not be number 1 striker at this club anyway.

Not for nothing, but I reckon he's number 2 behind Ba.

Also, he's one of those Bad Premiership/Good Championship players... not the worst player to have on our books imo. Sooner get shot of Smith and his ilk.

I'd be surprised (but not amazed) if he's on 40K.

If so the club have every right not to extend or offer a new contract at the same level. He'll not get anywhere near that anywhere else.

I'd be surprised (but not amazed) if he's on 40K.

If so the club have every right not to extend or offer a new contract at the same level. He'll not get anywhere near that anywhere else.

my concern is not the club rejecting the demand, which I agree with, but the reason for rejecting the demand, because I suspect it is based on the actual amount of money rather than his value to the club as a footballer. If someone has said that he is shit footballer and of no use to the club, great, but this is not the case.

His replacement will be someone on less money but still not good enough.

I think its somewhere in the middle. The club see him as a mediocre/backup striker now and nothing more. 40k a week is alot for him but for one more year...i'd let him run it out.

He's only going to decline in the next year so not really worth alot to the club any ways.

His replacement wont be needed until next year so where we finish this year will have alot to who we actually get in to replace him.

Could even be Airey or Vuckic premoted following on from another academy product.

As a reserve striker he's OK. I'd be depressed if Pardew saw him as a first team starter. I think we tried to get shot a couple of seasons ago and the only takers were the likes of Norwich, so that's more of a base line for his worth.

I think it's often fashionable to give him stick. He can be very frustrating but has scored a fair few goals for us now though does seem better suited to the championship. Probably a good forward there and an average one in the prem. Happy for him to be a squad player but dont really see him as a starter. Id have him in front of Best and Ranger.

I don't think it's been in the press that he's had his demands rejected. The Sunday Sun were saying that he wants to sit down and discuss a new contract though.

Do you know otherwise?

Don't buy the hype that Shola gets too much grief. He's fucking hopeless, and worse than that he's lazy. It's common knowledge now that he turns it on in training hence the reason he has been given so many chances by so many managers but if he can turn it on against Chelsea and Barcelona then there is no excuse for how shit he is against the Stokes and Boltons of the world.

We should have given him away for free years ago

The club have rejected his terms of a new one ? [i've been away for a few days again so I don't know if this has been in the press or not]

Desperate times.

How many new contracts has he had under this regime as opposed to the previous one? :rolleyes:

Desperate times.

How many new contracts has he had under this regime as opposed to the previous one? :rolleyes:

only Keegan and Allardyce have sussed him out tbf. Even Bobby Robson thought he was worth keeping, although again it was earlier in his career and he was only reserve striker behind Shearer and Bellamy.

I don't know how many contracts he has had. I remember Roeder saying how good he was on the training ground, has the new regime offered him one since they came in, which was 4 years ago ? They must have done.

Anyway, Malcolm Macdonald got it right when he once said that players who only perform on the training ground get managers sacked.

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't think it's been in the press that he's had his demands rejected. The Sunday Sun were saying that he wants to sit down and discuss a new contract though.

Do you know otherwise?

it's been rejected by the club, so I'm told.

My mistake, I must have gotten bored reading the article and zoned out :

SHOLA AMEOBI admits talks over a new contract have stalled – but he would love to sign a new long-term deal at St James’ Park.

The Newcastle striker is in the final year of his current three-year deal, and admits that he is unsure where he stands at the moment.

link

Desperate times.

only Keegan and Allardyce have sussed him out tbf. Even Bobby Robson thought he was worth keeping, although again it was earlier in his career and he was only reserve striker behind Shearer and Bellamy.

I don't know how many contracts he has had. I remember Roeder saying how good he was on the training ground, has the new regime offered him one since they came in, which was 4 years ago ? They must have done.

Anyway, Malcolm Macdonald got it right when he once said that players who only perform on the training ground get managers sacked.

Aye, he got a new 3 year deal last time round I think. In normal circumstances it should be his finish when his current one runs out (in 12 months).

Desperate times.

Aye, he got a new 3 year deal last time round I think. In normal circumstances it should be his finish when his current one runs out (in 12 months).

Amazing that this arsehole could have ended up having a testimonial if he stayed for the full whack

I don't think he'd have one like. He's not that daft :rolleyes: I don't hate the lad or owt but he's just not good enough on anything like a consistent basis. Add his fitness issues to that and he shouldn't get another deal.

I don't think he'd have one like. He's not that daft :rolleyes: I don't hate the lad or owt but he's just not good enough on anything like a consistent basis. Add his fitness issues to that and he shouldn't get another deal.

maybe he'll say if he gets one he would like to show us all his England cap on the night

I'd actually be a bit pissed off if he signed an extension with us tbh.

He's what...29 now and lets be honest has never pulled up any tree's, never really had any spell of consistency other than shite.

He will do as backup for his last year and after that he can go for free to a Stoke or CC team.

Same applies to Lovenkrands who i think is also in his last year?

Come next season i think we will be shot of most the dead wood. Smith, Shola, Best, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Routledge and Perch. It would be good if we could bring in a few quality strikers and promote Airey and Vuckic in that time.

I'd actually be a bit pissed off if he signed an extension with us tbh.

He's what...29 now and lets be honest has never pulled up any tree's, never really had any spell of consistency other than shite.

He will do as backup for his last year and after that he can go for free to a Stoke or CC team.

Same applies to Lovenkrands who i think is also in his last year?

Come next season i think we will be shot of most the dead wood. Smith, Shola, Best, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Routledge and Perch. It would be good if we could bring in a few quality strikers and promote Airey and Vuckic in that time.

you hope we will get shot of that little lot and replace with better.

I hate to piss on your chips, but this is where you fall over. We might get rid of that little lot, or most of them, but take it from me, they will not be replaced by players good enough for what ought to be the demands of this football club, and that will come down to one thing and one thing only, the refusal of the owner to compete for that calibre of player financially.

Yes, i do hope we shift all of them out come the start of next season and yes i do hope we replace them with quality.

Quality being one or two talented youngsters with potential, promoting from within and maybe one or two experienced strikers.

Think about it....if we get rid of them all....and lets just talk about the striking department here....we'd have...

Ba, Ben Arfa, Airey and Vuckic...We would be shockingly short and reliant on youngsters alone to challenge Ba and Ben Arfa....That said though, I'd imagine that come next season a fair few other quality strikers will have come available and yes i would hope that our club would want to continue to progress.

Yes, i do hope we shift all of them out come the start of next season and yes i do hope we replace them with quality.

Quality being one or two talented youngsters with potential, promoting from within and maybe one or two experienced strikers.

Think about it....if we get rid of them all....and lets just talk about the striking department here....we'd have...

Ba, Ben Arfa, Airey and Vuckic...We would be shockingly short and reliant on youngsters alone to challenge Ba and Ben Arfa....That said though, I'd imagine that come next season a fair few other quality strikers will have come available and yes i would hope that our club would want to continue to progress.

you said think , because you hope . Do you think we will get rid of all of them ? We all hope they will be fucked off and replaced with better, but it isn't going to happen. Sorry to be pedantic like, but I'm just trying to warn you so you aren't too disappointed later.

Edited by LeazesMag