Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

• 8 months later...

I can see this being his last season with us. If Carroll were to return and we keep Cisse and Ba then where would that leave Shola? We have the young Ameobi and Vuckic (although you could say he is more of a midfielder now)

I can see this being his last season with us. If Carroll were to return and we keep Cisse and Ba then where would that leave Shola? We have the young Ameobi and Vuckic (although you could say he is more of a midfielder now)

Shola's happy with a bit-part role anyway though. Plus 30 mins on the pitch and he's blowing out his arse.

Shola's happy with a bit-part role anyway though. Plus 30 mins on the pitch and he's blowing out his arse.

I have to backtrack my previous as I thought he only had a year left on his contract, Here till 2014. I wonder if he is happy with his role at the club now or whether it's a case of "I won't get any better else where" I have to admit last season his ability to kill a game off was very impressive and his touch was sharp. Even with all these extra games I still can't see him starting many if any.

I have to backtrack my previous as I thought he only had a year left on his contract, Here till 2014. I wonder if he is happy with his role at the club now or whether it's a case of "I won't get any better else where" I have to admit last season his ability to kill a game off was very impressive and his touch was sharp. Even with all these extra games I still can't see him starting many if any.

He signed an extension recently. And, tbh, you don't want him starting games. Even given the form he showed last season he'd be back to being shite if he was on from the kick-off imo.

I think he's more than happy with his role at the moment. He's not been fit enough to play 90 minutes for years now - definitely most effective coming on for the last half an hour or so and making his presence known. I can see him carrying on a few more years in this role, Pardew seems to reckon he's a fantastic influence around the place.

As Alex said, Pardew seems to have clocked on that his fitness is absolutely fucked but give him half an hour and he can be useful. Thought at times last season, his hold-up play was quality and he was an asset when tracking back. He'll be here until the day he retires in gradually diminishing roles though because Pardew loves him. That's if Pardew stays like.

Its interesting that the Chris Hughton's much-vaunted "players comittee" have either all been moved out or are out of the picture, first team wise. Never heard Shola's name being mentioned in connection with it though ;)

Its interesting that the Chris Hughton's much-vaunted "players comittee" have either all been moved out or are out of the picture, first team wise. Never heard Shola's name being mentioned in connection with it though ;)

Shola just sat back smoking a pipe and knew it'd all work out.

Guest CabayeAye

If he gets 10 goals this season will you eat turd tartare in Fenwick's window?

Only if you'll eat it if he doesn't get ten.

• 1 month later...