Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

I dont see how one particular player in a squad would alter my view of the regime one way or the other.

I actually see Shola's ongoing presence in the squad as the perfect indictment of the regime.

Canny bloke, abysmal footballer.

More people seem to defend him these days then slate him.

Rio Ferdinand had a nightmare against him last season, then people were surprised when Ferdinand wasn't in the England team. :lol:

For the record I don't really like Ameobi, but he's harmless. It's just his pure lazyness annoys me.

More people seem to defend him these days then slate him.

Rio Ferdinand had a nightmare against him last season, then people were surprised when Ferdinand wasn't in the England team. :lol:

For the record I don't really like Ameobi, but he's harmless. It's just his pure lazyness annoys me.

See I don't think it's laziness, he's just not got any acceleration. He puts in a shift, like Heskey did; he'll buffet and bump centre halfs all day long, but he's not going to go chasing down lost causes. His "run" looks slow as fuck because of his gait.

I dunno, I don't think he's lazy, just ponderously slow off the mark.

The Nigeria-born but Tyneside raised 30-year-old led the Magpies out against Maritimo at the Estadio dos Barreiros as manager Alan Pardew rested his big guns, but still came away with a point.

Pardew later praised Ameobi, who was joined on the pitch by 20-year-old brother Sammy after the break, for both his leadership qualities and contribution on the pitch.

The former England Under-21 international, who broke into the Newcastle first-team as a teenager under Sir Bobby Robson, was thrilled to be handed the role of skipper.

Ameobi said: "I would never have dreamt of captaining Newcastle United all those years ago.

"Every time I play for the team, it's a huge honour anyway, but to lead the team out meant the world to me.

"Being a home-grown lad, it's something that you dream about and I'm delighted to have the chance to help these young lads develop and try to push on.

"In European games, the young lads will get their chance and it is great to be able to help them."

Ameobi and his team-mates might have headed back to Tyneside with three points rather than one if their luck, and particularly that of the striker, had been better.

He hit both the post and the bar, while Dan Gosling also struck an upright, although full-back Davide Santon needed the help of the woodwork to keep out Valentin Roberge's header at the death.

Ameobi said: "It was just one of those days that the ball didn't want to go in the back of the net - we had a few chances.

"We were unfortunate not to get the win in the end. The end result for us is fantastic.

"We really picked up after the first-half performance and it's great to see the fighting qualities. On another day, we could have snatched victory."

SholaAmeobi2.jpg

I love how hes gone from whipping boy to cult hero in the space of 12months :D

For some, but I've liked him for years, but kept schtum for fear of his legions of detractors murdering me. There's always been a secret few of us, like the secret christians of old, with their little fishy thing.

Laughing all the way to the bank ring a bell?

Oh fuck off you curmudgeonly boring wankstain. Swear to God you make Eeyore look like he's on pills!

Have a pint and Crack a smile you singularly depressing cunt.

Watch it, you might hurt my feelings you know.

Its not my fault you know fuck all about football.

You are without a doubt the most miserable fuck on the entire Internet. I've never once seen you post anything but complaints and portents of doom. I could be Mae West or Mourinho, that wouldn't change a thing. You'd still be more depressing than Stoke v Villa on a wet October Wednesday.

You are without a doubt the most miserable fuck on the entire Internet. I've never once seen you post anything but complaints and portents of doom. I could be Mae West or Mourinho, that wouldn't change a thing. You'd still be more depressing than Stoke v Villa on a wet October Wednesday.

Your craic is top notch mr fish ;)

I can't believe such an innocuous remark would get your knickers in such a twist. Especially about a player who has been shite for the vast majority of his career.

Perhaps your venom is misdirected.

Could your "housemate" be the one who has really pissed you off? Left you in on a Friday night?

I can't believe such an innocuous remark would get your knickers in such a twist. Especially about a player who has been shite for the vast majority of his career.

Perhaps your venom is misdirected.

Could your "housemate" be the one who has really pissed you off? Left you in on a Friday night?

It's not one remark though is it, you're permanently a miserable bellend and it's hardly venomous to point that out.