Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

Yup he lost Brunt for their goal and for me he still misplaces too many passes, especially in the final third. But I agree it was a much improved performance nevertheless, his energy and willingness to run the channels has been vital recently. The goal will do his confidence no harm either.

I couldn't see how Shola was MOM in any way on Saturday. He's doing well at the moment (which shouldn't be too surprising as he's out of contract at the end of the season and always perks up when that is the case) but there were better players on Saturday.

I can't imagine he'll start on Wednesday so it'll be interesting to see who Pardew replaces him with and what he does against Manure if the replacement does well.

Just read the start of this thread versus the last few posts, it's an interesting contrast! This is Shola's time I reckon. His opportunity to finally show all that potential we always didn't really think he had. I'm pleased for him, I hope he has a great year, both for us and Nigeria.

Just read the start of this thread versus the last few posts, it's an interesting contrast! This is Shola's time I reckon. His opportunity to finally show all that potential we always didn't really think he had. I'm pleased for him, I hope he has a great year, both for us and Nigeria.

Yup

One thing he has finally is a manager that seems to rate him and an owner that is unlikely to splash the cash on an expensive new striker so he'll never have a better chance to finally establish himself as more than a bench player.

His best spell since Shearer got injured and he found himself playing alongside Bellamy.

Nah his best spell came when Roeder was in charge before he fucked his hip.

Yeah, he is 32ish now. Unlikely he'll get an extension on his contract - and if he does it will only be a year.

i'm not so sure. pardew seems to love him, he's always banging on about the influence he has around the place etc.

i wouldn't be surprised if he gets another year on his contract, especially if he keeps this up till the end of the season.

This season is a perfect storm for his motivation with end of contract and dreams of appearing in a world cup. He still however averages 0.17 goals per game which as a centre forward is pretty shocking. Yes he holds the ball up well (sometimes, in his normal periods he gives the ball away with depressing regularity, especially when we are ahead and he takes it into the corner flag) he brings people into the game (sometimes, during his normal periods he wastes the ball horrendously with approximately 0.1 through balls per game.) so yes he is doing well but he is normally lowere average to shit.