Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

Yeah it was posted on the previous page ;)

Look forward to next season's.. "Shola Ameobi - All 74 goals for Newcastle"

There's an alternate video as well "Shola Ameobi - All 37 injuries for Newcastle, plus bonus Stoke injury"

He gets loads of shit, but I'd rather have one of him than a thousand Luques.

A local lad that's never grumbled, always worn the shirt with pride, tried his best (in his own inimitable style), tried out 2 (two) personalised celebrations, scored at Camp Nou and is the Mackem Destroyer.

Personally I like the lad and don't think he's half as bad as he's made out to be.

I don't have an issue with Shola. I know he an be frustrating but he has had some real purple patches. Has been and remains a good squad player. Was impressed with his role last season.

He gets loads of shit, but I'd rather have one of him than a thousand Luques.

A local lad that's never grumbled, always worn the shirt with pride, tried his best (in his own inimitable style), tried out 2 (two) personalised celebrations, scored at Camp Nou and is the Mackem Destroyer.

Personally I like the lad and don't think he's half as bad as he's made out to be.

shame he didn't make more of his talent really. i thought he might nail down a regular starting position but he's always either been too inconsistent, too unfit or too injured. shame really as on his day he's unplayable. still agree with the sentiment. i like him too, a good servent rather than the great player we all hoped he might be. definitely not deserving of the abuse he gets from some quarters.

Shouldn't have never got anywhere near the first team. The fact he did nicely charts our downfall.

Seems a good pro and loves the club but the two things are different. Very average footballer whose good days were few.

So Shola's always been shite, but Mike Ashley's policy has ensured he's first choice off the bench this season, and you seem very happy with that situation.....the two things don't tie in CT, you seem a bit muddled on this.

Shouldn't have never got anywhere near the first team. The fact he did nicely charts our downfall.

Seems a good pro and loves the club but the two things are different. Very average footballer whose good days were few.

I think he's an average Premier League striker, but that in itself is a mark of a good striker. His record's not great, but how many of his early years did he spend as a bit part player in a poor side? He's forever been behind Shearer, Bellamy, Owen, Martins, Kluivert, Viduka, Carroll, and now Ba and Cisse. Rightly so as they're all better strikers than he, but Shola is a great pro and the right kind of man to have on the bench. Never moans about his place in the squad and always tries when he gets his chance. You look at some of the sides in the Premier League and compare Shola to their 3rd choice striker and you may soon respect Shola a helluva lot more.

Given we spent most of his career away from the top table I don't think he's done himself a disservice with the goals he's got. He's still got a goal every 4 1/2 matches (It actually works out as a 1 in 3 record if you do it by minutes played). It was popular to slate him because of his languid style, but in all honesty he's as good a pro as Harper, yet nobody slates him.

I would genuinely go to his testimonial.

Lest we forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbEZHyS95FQ

Edited by The Fish

I think people know that I'm a Shola apologist on here. Get's far too much unjustified shit. Yes, he's not that great a player and should probably be plying his trade in the Championship if I'm honest, but to accuse him of not trying is bollocks like. He's a carthorse, pure and simple, he has pretty much zero pace and he moves like a mountain. Nothing to do with not trying, he just is what he is. Good squad player though.

I think people know that I'm a Shola apologist on here. Get's far too much unjustified shit. Yes, he's not that great a player and should probably be plying his trade in the Championship if I'm honest, but to accuse him of not trying is bollocks like. He's a carthorse, pure and simple, he has pretty much zero pace and he moves like a mountain. Nothing to do with not trying, he just is what he is. Good squad player though.

Agree with this.

The world is not a perfect place PL. :)

:lol: it certainly isn't, but it does approach something of an ideal situation when you can criticise the sympton of a problem and praise the actual cause of it to the heavens, yet fail to see the contradiction ;)

:lol: it certainly isn't, but it does approach something of an ideal situation when you can criticise the sympton of a problem and praise the actual cause of it to the heavens, yet fail to see the contradiction ;)

Although I see where you are coming from, I dont particularly see the need to tie each good event or bad event back to Mike Ashley.

Lots of managers have shown faith in Shola and as SLP says, his level should probably have been Championship.

He has now taken on a cult like status and all those non trapped balls, mis-kicks and other unfortunate attributes seem along way away from some peoples memories. :lol:

Although I see where you are coming from, I dont particularly see the need to tie each good event or bad event back to Mike Ashley.

Lots of managers have shown faith in Shola and as SLP says, his level should probably have been Championship.

He has now taken on a cult like status and all those non trapped balls, mis-kicks and other unfortunate attributes seem along way away from some peoples memories. :lol:

Pardew likes having him around, thats for sure.Interestingly KK didnt, but he akso didnt need the sort of reflected "Geordie folk hero" status that Shola brings to Pardews party, he had that in spades himself. But we all know we should ahve signed a striker this summer to help take the workload off Demba and Cisse. We didn't so the situation is less than ideal.

I'm actually very fond of him myself, but you can't have your cake and eat it on this one CT, slating the player but praising the regime that keeps him in the squad is Olympic standard flip-flopping :D

He's also massively injury prone which has always been a problem and not helped matters. That brilliant start he had in the Championship where he had his chance for a season of hero status now he'd found his level was soon put to bed with his being predictably injured for ages. He is convenient like, you can't deny that. Proper club pro who I expect will be hanging around the club in some capacity for the next 30 years.

Pardew likes having him around, thats for sure.Interestingly KK didnt, but he akso didnt need the sort of reflected "Geordie folk hero" status that Shola brings to Pardews party, he had that in spades himself. But we all know we should ahve signed a striker this summer to help take the workload off Demba and Cisse. We didn't so the situation is less than ideal.

I'm actually very fond of him myself, but you can't have your cake and eat it on this one CT, slating the player but praising the regime that keeps him in the squad is Olympic standard flip-flopping :D

You're being silly I think.

Its just as reasonable to understand sholas short comings and not slate the regime as it is to appreciate Ba, Cisse, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc and slate the regime. ;)

You're being silly I think.

Its just as reasonable to understand sholas short comings and not slate the regime as it is to appreciate Ba, Cisse, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc and slate the regime. ;)

But you're the one slating fuck out of the bloke! :lol:

But you're the one slating fuck out of the bloke! :lol:

You're missing the point. :lol:

As I said a million posts ago, the worlds not perfect. An Ashley regime that employs Shola also employs Cisse, Ba, Tiote, Cabaye etc.

If they had everything a 100% right we would be champions. :lol:

You dont see the contradiction. The same way as you said Mike Ashley would spend a fortune this summer, as "that is how he rolls", that might even be early on in the approval rating thread. You definetly posted that, because I remember pointing out to you at the time that that was a massive contradiction too :lol: