Virgin Media

LoveTheBobby

• 2 months later...

Signed up for this today 1 gig for £36 plus £95 Amazon voucher plus £30 quid cash back.

The basic speed is for 513mb but because I have an account with 02 they double the data on internet and phone.

Doubt I’ll ever need it but could stand the thought of it sitting their in the street, all shiny and new and unused :lol: 

• 5 weeks later...

What a fucking carry on :(

Got this installed just over a week ago but you have to have the service running for a week before they upgrade you to 1 gig.

1 gig requires a new (free) router that arrived today. :) 

But it also comes with a new password login which means for the 2nd time in a fortnight I’ve had to plod round the house re-connecting about 20 odd devices 😠

Fucks sake!!!

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You know you can change the network name and password? I’ve had the same details on every router for the last 15 years.

He could also cook a curry from scratch but elects not too :icon_lol:

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Here man, those 6 jars of Lloyd’s finest don’t warm themselves 

the trivet of chips probably helps with that.

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well, finally got fibre to the house from city fibre, digital home is the provider. Fast as fuck. :ok:

Do they have to put a box on the outside of your house? I suppose the only possible location for that is where your existing phoneline comes in?

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Do they have to put a box on the outside of your house? I suppose the only possible location for that is where your existing phoneline comes in?

Aye, not ideal but it's not massive or anything. 

I’ve rang them to get it in, it’s only an extra £1 per month. The lady on the phone said I could get the box round the side of the house but I fully expect the engineer to arrive and tell me something different.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I’ve rang them to get it in, it’s only an extra £1 per month. The lady on the phone said I could get the box round the side of the house but I fully expect the engineer to arrive and tell me something different.

Thats where ours is 👍🏻

• 4 months later...
On 17/10/2022 at 16:05, Howmanheyman said:

Well, finally got fibre to the house from city fibre, digital home is the provider. Fast as fuck. :ok:

Digital home were taken over by a company called fucking zybre emailing me a couple of months ago to tell me they were my new provider. I've had a letter from cityfibre who actually provide the internet, they're basically another company like BT openreach, telling me fucking zybre will cease to supply me as they're in breach of contract or whatever, they're probably chancers in a deregulated market of chancers who've bit off more than they could chew so I'm now without internet other than my phone data until my new provider sorts me out which is two weeks away. Just like the gas and electricity etc if this country can fuck everybody over so that some suave cunt with connections, (more than me ATM) can make a few quid such as supplying shit PPE in a pandemic just as an example then they will as we have the perfect government to facilitate their grasping, yet incompetent needs. I'm on my nightshift week and have had a shit sleep whilst trying to sort this so am in a fucking marvelous fettle. :lol:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just a heads up (even though I’m sure most of you are wily old foxes).

My 18 months contract for 1 gig came to and end along with a renewal price of £69 from £36.

A brief text to them at they renewed it at £39.

Also I hope you’ll all check this stuff for older relations as so many people get shafted all the time.

Martin Lewis out :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just a heads up (even though I’m sure most of you are wily old foxes).

My 18 months contract for 1 gig came to and end along with a renewal price of £69 from £36.

A brief text to them at they renewed it at £39.

Also I hope you’ll all check this stuff for older relations as so many people get shafted all the time.

Martin Lewis out :lol: 

Make sure GBNews knows! 🙂