Karim Ziani

Deano

We were after him last January when the deal broke down. Been released now.

28, Plays as a creative CM but can opperate on both flanks, in the hole and as a striker.

Said to have great technique and be fairly quick.

Another french born player who plays for Algeria.

Worth a put for free if only to increase the squad and options.

Too many French players. Might work for a French manager, in London and the cosmopolitan lifestyle etc of the capital city, but too many of the fuckers won't work here.

Will any daft shite say this is a racist view I wonder :rolleyes: [like the doctor for instance]

What is the point in this thread?

Heads up on if we bring him in seeing as we were interested 6 months ago and now he is on a free?

LM...i get what your saying but the PL is ever becoming more and more "european" and so long as they speak english and can communicate and mix in then i dont really see it as a problem.

I'd still like to see a english/foreign ratio at the club and across the PL of about 3:2 but i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon unless FIFA extend the european compition regulations into domestic too.

Edited by Deano

Injury history

Season from to Injury

10/11 15.05.2011 23.05.2011 Unknown Injury

09/10 06.03.2010 15.03.2010 muscular problems

09/10 23.10.2009 15.11.2009

10/11 14.10.2009 22.10.2009 Circulation Problems

08/09 23.03.2009 18.04.2009 tear in the abductor muscle

Ligue 1

App 117

Goals 12

OG -

Assists - 10

Yellow - 20

Red 1

Goal every 699 minutes

Total minutes played 8384

MEH!

Injury history

Season from to Injury

Ligue 1

App 117

Goals 12

OG -

Assists - 10

Yellow - 20

Red 1

Goal every 699 minutes

MEH!

Looking at his stats he's not really good enough is he?

Still....FREE and would provide competiton.

Heads up on if we bring him in seeing as we were interested 6 months ago and now he is on a free?

LM...i get what your saying but the PL is ever becoming more and more "european" and so long as they speak english and can communicate and mix in then i dont really see it as a problem.

I'd still like to see a english/foreign ratio at the club and across the PL of about 3:2 but i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon unless FIFA extend the european compition regulations into domestic too.

I can see the first few games of the season, where we may have a leaner, fitter, more mobile sort of forward player etc, but after the first month or two when the novelty wears off, we will miss the leadership, spirit, never say die, desire etc provided by Nolan in particular, which you need for a long season in the premiership, played in every sort of conditions imagineable, at different times, where every game is a real cutthroat knife edge competitive game etc. This isn't old hat thinking, it's how the game is in this country, you finish after 38 games where you deserve to be having adapted the most or the least successfully to all these conditions and demands. Its no fluke.

Injury history

Season from to Injury

Ligue 1

App 117

Goals 12

OG -

Assists - 10

Yellow - 20

Red 1

Goal every 699 minutes

MEH!

If only there were some way we could limit the expense of his contract in case he got injured...

PayAsYouPlay-border1.jpg

Injury history

Season from to Injury

Ligue 1

App 117

Goals 12

OG -

Assists - 10

Yellow - 20

Red 1

Goal every 699 minutes

MEH!

If only there were some way we could limit the expense of his contract in case he got injured...

PayAsYouPlay-border1.jpg

has anybody read this book ? I've got it marked on ebay but haven't bought it yet, since that Liverpool supporters pointed it out a month ago.

Have seen him play many times for Algeria. He used to have a touch of class about him but his ego is immense and injuries have limited his playing time and pace. He got loaned out to some second-rate Turkish club in January and that should tell you all that needs knowing about him. I wouldn't say no on a 'free' though.

I read an excerpt. It was the shittest thing I've ever read in the English language. It was like if Nick-Polaxed-At-Birth had written his version of Ullysses.

:rolleyes:

I read an excerpt. It was the shittest thing I've ever read in the English language. It was like if Nick-Polaxed-At-Birth had written his version of Ullysses.

Finnegans Wake shirley?

I can see the first few games of the season, where we may have a leaner, fitter, more mobile sort of forward player etc, but after the first month or two when the novelty wears off, we will miss the leadership, spirit, never say die, desire etc provided by Nolan in particular, which you need for a long season in the premiership, played in every sort of conditions imagineable, at different times, where every game is a real cutthroat knife edge competitive game etc. This isn't old hat thinking, it's how the game is in this country, you finish after 38 games where you deserve to be having adapted the most or the least successfully to all these conditions and demands. Its no fluke.

Bollocks (IMO)! Great club captain off the pitch, a great scoring record, and a nuisance at set-pieces for opposition goalies but very capable of doing an invisible man act the rest of the time. Some/most of that will be down to lack of pace/fitness but when he had a sniff of goal he had enough in the tank left to keep going that wasn't seen when we were backs to the wall. That's acceptable when he was playing virtually as an out and out striker but not with 1 other in centre midfield. Beyond a couple of high-profile performances, its difficult to think of a game where nolan was a genuine MOTM contender. Its difficult to criticise his net contribution to newcastle last year, but I didn't see much (on pitch) of those attributes on the pitch, which is where it really counts.

now if you'd said barton over the last season I'd have nowt to complain about

I think LM has a good point. Whilst no doubt these new players will be good professionals, a club always needs strong characters in the dressing room to rally round, especially when the going gets tough. We may not miss Nolan on the pitch (assuming we replace his goals) but we may miss his influence.

If we're on a roll it might not matter. However Pardew's record at West Ham and Southampton suggests that when the chips are down, he doesn't make that a lot of difference. He'd probably be chuntering on in press conferences about how disappointed he is in the players, in that Reginald Prior way of his.

Bollocks (IMO)! Great club captain off the pitch, a great scoring record, and a nuisance at set-pieces for opposition goalies but very capable of doing an invisible man act the rest of the time. Some/most of that will be down to lack of pace/fitness but when he had a sniff of goal he had enough in the tank left to keep going that wasn't seen when we were backs to the wall. That's acceptable when he was playing virtually as an out and out striker but not with 1 other in centre midfield. Beyond a couple of high-profile performances, its difficult to think of a game where nolan was a genuine MOTM contender. Its difficult to criticise his net contribution to newcastle last year, but I didn't see much (on pitch) of those attributes on the pitch, which is where it really counts.

I agree with this 100%.

Injury history

Season from to Injury

Ligue 1

App 117

Goals 12

OG -

Assists - 10

Yellow - 20

Red 1

Goal every 699 minutes

MEH!

PayAsYouPlay-border1.jpg

tbf he has hardly been injured, if you look at the amount of time he has been out since 08, i.e count the days off injured in hardly anything. Not one of them are injuries that have caused long term issues so far and avergaing a goal every 7 ish games from midfield is not that bad either. Barton averages less!

We will see.

Wait until the end of next season, not the start, although how much of the Carroll money do you think we are going to see ?