Can we please give you some money to make this place run better?

Gemmill

Stick your name down if you're up for a small amount -fiver, tenner, whatever - to sort out the problems with this place running better.

Apologies to the nerds in charge if I'm being presumptuous but it really does run like Hawking, and I'm working on the assumption that there is an appetite to fix that. And that it'll take cash to do it.

I'm in for a tenner.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as Im happy to take the cash I dont see any problems with how the place is running. If you're getting errors and slow connections etc then Im not getting them?

Admittedly, Im not on here half as much these days so maybe Im missing the problem times? What exactly is going wrong?

Stick your name down if you're up for a small amount -fiver, tenner, whatever - to sort out the problems with this place running better.

Apologies to the nerds in charge if I'm being presumptuous but it really does run like Hawking, and I'm working on the assumption that there is an appetite to fix that. And that it'll take cash to do it.

I'm in for a tenner.

Said it for a long time and Peter was like "ayyyye" probs so he could have a couple of pints like :rolleyes: but aye no doubt about it, toontastic should be ran along the lines of the Barcelona model. Without chucking sheeps heeds at the opposition like.

As much as Im happy to take the cash I dont see any problems with how the place is running. If you're getting errors and slow connections etc then Im not getting them?

Admittedly, Im not on here half as much these days so maybe Im missing the problem times? What exactly is going wrong?

Runs too slow some days. It's like a wheelchair.

Can't say I have any problems running it like and not heard many complaints about it.

Is this issues with running it from the phone or a PC / MAC?

Phone and PC. If there isn't a problem for most people, then fuck it, but it's not like it hasn't been mentioned a bit on here recently.

what you using to browse here on your phone? did the tapatalk/forumrunner plugin thing ever get installed?

Phone and PC. If there isn't a problem for most people, then fuck it, but it's not like it hasn't been mentioned a bit on here recently.

what you using to browse here on your phone? did the tapatalk/forumrunner plugin thing ever get installed?

I'm on dolphin browser on android. And no tapatalk.

tbh I'm with Peter, I've rarely been on here recently for one reason or another so if it has been discussed at length then apologies.

Was trying not to be facetious asking about whether it was phone or PC but as much info as possible will give us something to look into to see if there is an issue that needs attention.

I know Peter was getting some heat from the hosts about the size of the DB which brought about the request from him for us all to do some housekeeping. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they're throttling the connection to the DB in order to put pressure on us but Peter would need to investigate that one.

tbf the forum is 6 years old and was never designed to be run on mobile devices - perhaps there is an issue there but if that is the root cause then it's pretty fundamental and not just something that needs a fiver here and there chucking at it - would probably need a total re-design and new software.

tbh I'm with Peter, I've rarely been on here recently for one reason or another so if it has been discussed at length then apologies.

Was trying not to be facetious asking about whether it was phone or PC but as much info as possible will give us something to look into to see if there is an issue that needs attention.

I know Peter was getting some heat from the hosts about the size of the DB which brought about the request from him for us all to do some housekeeping. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they're throttling the connection to the DB in order to put pressure on us but Peter would need to investigate that one.

tbf the forum is 6 years old and was never designed to be run on mobile devices - perhaps there is an issue there but if that is the root cause then it's pretty fundamental and not just something that needs a fiver here and there chucking at it - would probably need a total re-design and new software.

Would dee nee harm. This forum could easily be the number one toon forum in terms of usage if the right steps were made. It already pisses on N-O when it comes to outsiders viewing it.

Best get crackin with the knackin then!

Generally no problems - occasional slowness but nowt off-putting.

Don't tend to bother on my phone but its okay on my Andriod tablet as well.

Though I've no problem with a subscription if needed.

Generally no problems - occasional slowness but nowt off-putting.

Don't tend to bother on my phone but its okay on my Andriod tablet as well.

Though I've no problem with a subscription if needed.

This. EDIT: Apart from the fone and Android (whatever the fuck that is) bits.

If it's ulitmately considered necessary, then I'll happily put in £10+.

Edited by snakehips