Can we please give you some money to make this place run better?

Gemmill

I've tried the forum on an iphone, blackberry & a Nokia 5200 and they've all worked fine. Mac was having a problem with browsing with his iphone but I think he actually changed something with the phone itself and that fixed the issue.

I've put a thread in the help forum in which you can report any problems you have with the board HERE - obviously if you are on a mobile you may have to do this at a later date.

We'll see if the issues are common are work towards a solution. :rolleyes:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's enough mongers on here already tbh

Aye but more users mean the likelyhood of more people like me as well.

I think you misunderstood my original point . . . .

What this board craves and has been crying out for, probably for a good few years is more posters like you...

Yeah I also get the timing out now and again and other it can just be annoyingly slow. This is both from home and at work and via Firefox and Chrome on PCs.

Edit : naturally if it was needed Id be happy to dip my hand in my pocket.

Edited by JawD

If people are being timed out then its going to need a change of host, when we were having problems with them before due to the size of the tables I came to an agreement and paid them a lumper to increase our capacity and "overlook" it as such.

If all thats happened is we're getting poorer service then its time to shift.

I dont like using the forum on the iPhone but that goes for a lot of sites tbh, that tapatalk is free but it only works with the latest version of IP Board and that will cost 200 sheets to upgrade I believe. I think it needs to be done tbh.

To be honest Mods/Admin, if people are happy to throw some money towards the board I think that's testament to the job that's been done, and you should take it and see if we could make it better?

I think an entrance exam would be good ;) , a redesign wouldn't hurt (anyone other than those involved in completing the redesign :D ) and little gimmicks like (as discussed briefly with Craig) tagging users in posts.

I've said countless times lately that I'm having problems and I'm willing to chip in. When I've mentioned it other users have agreed but then thats been the end of it. I only use this forum on a PC. Sometimes its so slow I give up, but today its fine ;) And just lately its had lots of niggling problems when I use Firefox so I have to use IE now for on here.

I'm willing to chip in a fiver, tenner or whatever.

If people are being timed out then its going to need a change of host, when we were having problems with them before due to the size of the tables I came to an agreement and paid them a lumper to increase our capacity and "overlook" it as such.

If all thats happened is we're getting poorer service then its time to shift.

I dont like using the forum on the iPhone but that goes for a lot of sites tbh, that tapatalk is free but it only works with the latest version of IP Board and that will cost 200 sheets to upgrade I believe. I think it needs to be done tbh.

Can you get access to the performance logs or that kinda shite PP? some hosters just royally take the piss and lie through their teeth.

I remember one set of clowns before i used called uh-hosting, it was like a set of kids running it with some co-lo in London it was so shoddy.

UH was our original hosts (for the first few years) ;)

Not had any problems myself, but I'll happily contribute

Edit: Just after I posted I got this message ;)

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later!