If you had won the Euromillions

Kid Dynamite

What would you spend your £161,000,000 on?

After doing the basics of giving money to family and friends, doing a round the world trip and taking all the lads to Vegas I would then

Buy a nice house in Durham (£1.5mil)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-34438553.html

45311_SpringwellHouse1_IMG_42_0000_max_620x414.jpg

A weekday car and a weekend car but nowt too ostentatious (£100k)

2010-volkswagen-golf-r20-00b.jpgLand_Rover-Discovery_III_mp29_pic_54183.jpg

An apartment in NY would be a must. Denzel lives in this building apparently (£10mil)

http://www.nestseekers.com/30885/15-central-park-west

2848566474_85ba33cde8_o.jpg

Somewhere a bit closer to home to get a tan in the South of France (£2mil)

luxury-villa1.jpg

Somewhere to get away from it all. A lodge in the Alps (£1mil)

18ad7_telluride-mountain-lodge-ski-in-ski-out.jpg

And something to keep me busy when I get sick of spending money (£500k?)

BlythSpartans.png

I'd probably get into collecting few things like classic watches, old books, classic cars etc. too. All things that will only go up in value

At least with all of the above if the banks go bust and I lose the lot Ill have a good £15-£20mil worth of assets to fall back on!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have won I haven't checked yet. It's £166m as it happens. I'd bid £120m for NUFC, and give it to the fans to vote for a president of which I'd be one of the candidates, and fans vote on things that are important.

I'd buy a house I've always wanted in Heddon, one in Darras Hall, an apartment in Central London, one in Surrey, one in Scotland, one in Thailand, buy an ailing company make them successful, and make my own apprentice show on Dave TV.

Edited by McFaul

Probably just travel anywhere I could think of. I've never been that bothered about travelling generally but I couldn't imagine staying put if I had the money to jet off everywhere.

Honestly can't even begin to get my head round that kind of money. But aye, probably buy a pad in the 4 or 5 places in the world I love the most, chuck several million at my family and the in-laws, then travel the world.

Or buy Greece.

I would give a decent whack to charity too, for all it's a cliché, I mean you could make a massive difference to a small charity without even making a dent in £160 mill.

Assets man, assets. Bricks and mortar will always be worth money whatever happens to the economy

On that basis, wouldn't the money always be worth money? Can't see how I'd spend that much in 20 lifetimes tbh. If I'd won that sort of money, 'how can I invest it?' would be a long way down on my list of priorities like. Never going to happen anyway like so never mind.

£161m is crazy money and anyone remotely sensible would barely put a dent in it considering you'd make almost £3.5m a year in interest alone.

In terms of what I'd do. First and foremost I'd set my friends and family up for life. Mortgages paid off, trusts formed, etc. What use is having all that cash if the people you'd want to share it with had no time to do so as they were busy having to earn their crust to keep them solvent.

I know it's a bit of a cliché but I couldn't just give up work, I'd have to find something to do. Rather than buy one, I'd probably set about building my own house and project manage it - after that, who knows?

I'd pay someone to go into my work to pickup my things, not because i want them, more as a giant "fuck the lot of ye i'm not coming back".

One of the lads at work said he'd hire a chinook to air lift his company car back to the office and insist that they leave it on the roof! ;)

I've thought about "normal" wins and reckon once you've bought a fuck-off house you could easily have a great life on the 5% income you'd easily get - at least 3 or 4 years travelling for me.

Can't understand the "I'd still work" pov - why bother doing the lottery in that case?

The possibility of £160m made me think the same way as Stevie - probably would have asked Ashley for a price.

House in London that would be my base £2m

Flat in NYC that I'd rent out to high falooting office types when I'm not planning on being there £4m

"ranch" in Cali; big open sky, nearest neighbour a couple of miles away... that kinda thing ;) £7m?

Island in Caribbean .. because why the fuck not? £14m

Venue in London; a bar with a space upstairs for theatre style seating (or cabaret... not decided... rack seating would mean I could do both), stage for comedy shows, "intimate" gigs, £5m

Make sure mam and Dad can live wherever they want... but to be honest now that all of us have finally moved out they'll be doing that anyway. £2m

Pay for the best education possible for my nephew and buy a house my eldest sister £2m

Only give the youngest sister money if she gets to a healthy weight agreed upon by me, her and her doctor :evil: £2m

Sort out mates with houses. £26m

After all that, I'd still have £100m.. I'd happily gift £20m towards a worthy group looking to buy out Ashley.

After that, it's a couple of cars. Nothing too flashy, but definitely with a touch of class. Bespoke sound and theatre systems in the houses, possibly a yacht... :D

Edited by The Fish

House in London that would be my base £2m

Flat in NYC that I'd rent out to high falooting office types when I'm not planning on being there £4m

"ranch" in Cali; big open sky, nearest neighbour a couple of miles away... that kinda thing ;) £7m?

Island in Caribbean .. because why the fuck not? £14m

Venue in London; a bar with a space upstairs for theatre style seating (or cabaret... not decided... rack seating would mean I could do both), stage for comedy shows, "intimate" gigs, £5m

Make sure mam and Dad can live wherever they want... but to be honest now that all of us have finally moved out they'll be doing that anyway. £2m

Pay for the best education possible for my nephew and buy a house my eldest sister £2m

Only give the youngest sister money if she gets to a healthy weight agreed upon by me, her and her doctor :evil: £2m

Sort out mates with houses. £26m

After all that, I'd still have £100m.. I'd happily gift £20m towards a worthy group looking to buy out Ashley.

After that, it's a couple of cars. Nothing too flashy, but definitely with a touch of class. Bespoke sound and theatre systems in the houses, possibly a yacht... :shades:

I hope thats a joke :D