Sports Direct staff members hope for 44,000 each

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys...fits-surge.html

If Sports Direct hits its profits target this week, then many members will receive shares worth 44,000 each, as a reward for the company doing so well.

Mike Ashley clearly thinks that helping hard-working shop workers with their housing is more important than helping mega-rich football stars double their 5-figure salaries.

What do people think of this kind of prioritising?

The dramatic recovery of Sports Direct's fortunes will see thousands of staff handed bonuses worth an average of £44,000 each if the discount sportswear chain hits its profits targets this week

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sports Direct hits its profits target this week, then many members will receive shares worth 44,000 each, as a reward for the company doing so well.

Mike Ashley clearly thinks that helping hard-working shop workers with their housing is more important than helping mega-rich football stars double their 5-figure salaries.

Depends if the shop staff are any good at footie non?

Edited by Park Life

It makes you think doesn't it.

WOuldn't we all love a windfall of 44,000. And yet there are players who don't think it's a big enough weekly salary. Well good luck to them, but I fully applaud Ashley to put the money where it generates the most happiness.

Seriously you are a moron.

Do you honestly think he is giving many members of his staff, let me repeat that, many members of his staff a "windfall" of 44k?

I'd like to know what his and your definition of many is?

tbf the article says thousands!

It also says they will receive an average bonus of £44k. The bonus works out at 100% of salary as well. Not saying it's not generous, because it is but it's not difficult to suss out where most of that bonus pool will end up. How many members of staff (as a %-age) do you reckon earn £44k like?

Nick, do you like to eat toasted marshmallows?

Or can you just Fuck off!

;):D:shades::D:icon_lol::icon_lol: slapping sides with laughter!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Nick, does your fat belly jiggle when you laugh?

Yes, like a bowl full of jelly :)

To everyone, all I'm saying is doesn't it make you think?

There are people who call Ashley a tight-arse because he thinks 44,000 a week is enough.

And I don't care that other clubs pay twice of thrice that amount!!! We should show that we are better than them!!!

Is it clever to buy tropihies???

Not bloody likely!!!

The dramatic recovery of Sports Direct's fortunes will see thousands of staff handed bonuses worth an average of £44,000 each if the discount sportswear chain hits its profits targets this week

What an absolute spacka of a WUM. Yeah, so that'll be the top execs getting bonuses of 100k+ and the plebs getting their £500 voucher. The big boys get the bonuses, and the little shop staff and middle managers will get fuck all.

What this has to do with our spending policy is beyond me though, i couldn't give a fuck if he sacked the whole lot of Sports Direct if it meant him actually spending some actual money.

Since Wolfgang doesn't post much these days:

Pruning Clematis

There are many varieties of clematis, some evergreen and some deciduous, which flower at different times of the year and need pruning in a specific way to keep them at their peak, to stimulate growth or to keep them within bounds. To make pruning easier, clematis are divided into different pruning groups - if you're not sure what your plant is, don't prune it. Wait and see when it flowers and then follow our pruning guide.

By the way Nick you do realise trophies add to the value of a club?

The price, I think you mean. And I don't care about the price, since I'm not going to buy it anyway. I care about being happy.

By the way, did you enjoy seeing what the definition of 'many' was???

LOL :D;)

Since Wolfgang doesn't post much these days:

Pruning Clematis

There are many varieties of clematis, some evergreen and some deciduous, which flower at different times of the year and need pruning in a specific way to keep them at their peak, to stimulate growth or to keep them within bounds. To make pruning easier, clematis are divided into different pruning groups - if you're not sure what your plant is, don't prune it. Wait and see when it flowers and then follow our pruning guide.

;):D:shades:

Group one and evergreen varieties

•A large group that features varieties that flower before early summer on old wood. It includes varieties of Clematis cirrhosa, C.armandii, C.alpina and C.macropetala.

•Don't go mad with the secateurs, very little pruning is needed. Simply remove dead and damaged stems after flowering, and train new stems to fill supports.

•If plants get too large, prune back to keep within bounds.