Leon Best

Christmas Tree

Have given him some stick last season, particularly for his heading, but overall I thought he did canny last night. Seemed to take the ball down and control it and made some very good openings for himself and was possibly unlucky not to have a hat trick last night.

Can't remember if he's been told he can go, but I wouldn't be too upset to have him as third choice cover next season if he can continue in the same form.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first time i've heard someone say he was a standout player last night.

Whether it were a case of being one of the more 'settled' players on the pitch, or whether it was because of the (ne offence to them like) lesser opposition remains to be seen.

I'd love to think hes got over his injuries after last season, built himself back up better and stronger and the threat of transfer has kicked him into playing out his skin.

But given how on and off he's been with us (mainly off) i'll remain skeptical until he shows some consistency!

I don't think his up to the job at this level. He seems to have won a lot of admirers because he works hard and scored three against an errant WHU backline but that's simply not enough.

I don't think his up to the job at this level. He seems to have won a lot of admirers because he works hard and scored three against an errant WHU backline but that's simply not enough.

What about the Arsenal game where he scored two (not his fault the linesman was blind)?

Or the Birmingham game when he bullied their defence?

He looked good in most of the games he started last season tbh and from the sounds of last night he is keeping on track even if it was a friendly. Would be a mistake to let him go unless we sign two quality forwards which won't happen.

He looked good in most of the games he started last season tbh

I disagree. He looked OK because he put in a bit of application and we're comparing him with the invisible man Lovenkrands and the immobile Shola. His first touch is heave and his running off the ball is all over the place.

You could equally mention the Fulham game when he was woeful. Yes he had a few good games, but has done nothing to suggest he's going to consistently cut it in the PL.

We could probably get a few quid for him but not for other two aforementioned and that is why I suspect we'll end up looking to cash in on Best before the end of the window.

Edited by Matt

Leon Best will have a top season next season.

He's shown he can cut the mustard in the Premier League.

He is excellent, and has a very bright future.

Shearer was excellent, Ferdinand was excellent, Best is average but that puts him above some of the shite in our squad. Lets hope he does indeed have a good season.

That aside I still think you are a Polish fucking nutter.

av-12051.jpg

Oh fuck. The fat one has made it out of hicksville and is on the Baltic coast.

EDIT: Note the cock has taken a self-portrait shot and has not taken advantage of the abundance of Polish sunshine fanny.

Edited by asteroidblitz

av-12051.jpg

EDIT: Note the cock has taken a self-portrait shot and has not taken advantage of the abundance of Polish sunshine fanny.

That's not the Baltic Coast. That's Zemborzycki Lake, in Lublin, where I live.

You should get yourself out to Whitley Bay, and enjoy the sunshine ;)

av-12051.jpg

I live in Dubai and get it 365, burak

av-12051.jpg

I live in Dubai and get it 365, burak

I'm going to start calling you names.

Poop-face!

Leon Best should not be sold. Simples.

He shown last year with 6 in 10 that he is capable. Bad players rarely score hat-tricks in the PL.

He should be kept well above Lovenkrands, Xisco and Ranger.

I'd be happy to have Best and Shola as backup to Ba, Ben Arfa and hopefully a new striker.

Best proved a lot of people wrong.

The worst thing is that those people can't just eat humble pie.

They didn't say a word while he was playing, then he got injured, and they waited til memory had faded, and then they try again with the rubbish about him not being good.

Be real men and admit you were wrong!

They didn't say a word while he was playing, then he got injured, and they waited til memory had faded, and then they try again with the rubbish about him not being good.

Nick, Best is not a good PL striker; he is average.

Now calm down and ask the Nurse for some more tablets before you get too excited and need an injection.

I reckon Ba's knee will go in the first couple of games knowing our luck.

Now calm down and ask the Nurse for some more tablets before you get too excited and need an injection.

Well, I can only disagree with you ;)

av-12051.jpg

So they have supervised day visits for the Criminally insane in Poland then? Bet you wanted to go to the mortuary not the lake tho, more chance of a shag amongst the freezers eh?

Lets hope you are safely behind bars tonight or the Polish police will be after you with big nets and shotguns.

Well, I can only disagree with you ;)

If you seriously think Best is good then you must have been watching some shit football in Poland.

Mind you, you are a loonie in a lockup ward