Wedding Photographers

snakehips

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister got married a few months ago and used Eleanor Pringle. She was spot on, a bit stern when directing people into place on the day but got the job done and took some lovely shots.

People pay THAT much for wedding photos? If I get married i'm getting iPhones out! That's insanity

Best wedding advice I got was not to go overboard on the photo album as it will be in the cupboard after a week!

I paid 750quid for the photographer, an album, a cd of all the images and a big reprint and mount that everyone had signed at the wedding. They are all rude bossy bastards but they need to be or else you would be there all day getting the right photos done

aye - people bore you to death with them the first time you go round after the wedding but after a year there might be one picture on the sideboard

Best wedding advice I got was not to go overboard on the photo album as it will be in the cupboard after a week!

I paid 750quid for the photographer, an album, a cd of all the images and a big reprint and mount that everyone had signed at the wedding. They are all rude bossy bastards but they need to be or else you would be there all day getting the right photos done

How much extra did he charge for abseiling from the roof?

I've read that 3 times and still don't get it?

You had a photo taken from the apex of the church roof/rafters, looking down on the congregation. It was just a joke, I didn't actually think he was up there in a harness. :lol:

You had a photo taken from the apex of the church roof/rafters, looking down on the congregation. It was just a joke, I didn't actually think he was up there in a harness. :lol:

Ooooh :D I forgot I had posted that! Yeah he was in the bell tower.

It looks empty but there were 100 guests in there!

013.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just came across this thread.

I wouldn't recommend Mandy Charlton one bit tbh.

She shot my wedding and although she did an alright job I took great exception to her saying to her assistant "god I hope i'm not having to shoot weddings for the rest of my life" whilst taking pics of my and my wife... the pics where you go off on your own and are supposed to be enjoying having your first pics taken as a married couple.

She also didnt bother to photoshop out any fire exit signs etc and overall I found her quite sloppy.

You had a photo taken from the apex of the church roof/rafters, looking down on the congregation. It was just a joke, I didn't actually think he was up there in a harness. :wub:

Ooooh :blush: I forgot I had posted that! Yeah he was in the bell tower.

It looks empty but there were 100 guests in there!

013.jpg

Is your wife hot blud?

Just came across this thread.

I wouldn't recommend Mandy Charlton one bit tbh.

She shot my wedding and although she did an alright job I took great exception to her saying to her assistant "god I hope i'm not having to shoot weddings for the rest of my life" whilst taking pics of my and my wife... the pics where you go off on your own and are supposed to be enjoying having your first pics taken as a married couple.

She also didnt bother to photoshop out any fire exit signs etc and overall I found her quite sloppy.

Any relation to Davey?

I used to do Wedding photography but eventually gave it up. Its quite stressful knowing you only have one shot at getting an important occasion just right. My son used to assist me and he was excellent in shepherding people where they need to be. I fell out with one bride because she thought she was getting mucked about. I said, give it a year and then look back at the photos and she has since said, yep you were right - it was worth the effort.

I used to do prints, a CD of all the photos (not copyrighted) and a video slideshow of the photos. Albums suck.

I used to do Wedding photography but eventually gave it up. Its quite stressful knowing you only have one shot at getting an important occasion just right. My son used to assist me and he was excellent in shepherding people where they need to be. I fell out with one bride because she thought she was getting mucked about. I said, give it a year and then look back at the photos and she has since said, yep you were right - it was worth the effort.

I used to do prints, a CD of all the photos (not copyrighted) and a video slideshow of the photos. Albums suck.

I'd assist on a wedding but never fancied being main. Just not my kinda thing. Plus I have no real aspirations to be professional. I have a stressful job as it is but I do ok from it. Id rather 'tog' stayed as a hobby I enjoy and help people out now and again. Plus I can be more creative doing my own thing whereas a lot of wedding shots are bog standard with half a dozen creative specials of the couple.

2tone photography. They've got a website, husband and wife team. And snakey, I guarantee you'll fancy the lass, Chrissy.

She's not bad. But from what I could see on the website there's only one pic of her (no full frontals or owt).

Have to say, though, that all this letters after the name malarky does my head in. What are folk trying to prove? The hubby has BA Hons First Class after his name and she has BA Hons then a load of letters, which presumably means she didn't get First Class but has joined some poxy organisation to get the letters to follow her name?

Anyway, all these photographers are fucking charlatans iyam*. There are just as good, if not better, folk on here - judging by some of the pics we've seen posted. I wouldn't entertain the vast majority of the professionals if it were up to me. However, it aint, the services of one such charlatan has been booked (I couldn't honestly tell you who), so I just keep on dancing. Thanks anyway for the recommendation (to everyone).

* eg I've seen pics from one wedding and one photo was of the bride's shoes (not being worn, I might add) on a chair with some crappy necklace draped over them. What the fuck is that all about? Unadulterated (expensive) bullshit.

This is a prime example of this country going down the toilet. Folk who are no better than you or I having stupid letters after their name in an attempt to bullshit the masses. Well you can't bullshit a bullshitter. These folk then expect to be paid in the thousands for something not worth more than a couple of hundred quid - at best. Yes they have a little talent, but it is not worth the amount they are charging.

Rant over :razz: