Wedding Photographers

snakehips

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2tone photography. They've got a website, husband and wife team. And snakey, I guarantee you'll fancy the lass, Chrissy.

She's not bad. But from what I could see on the website there's only one pic of her (no full frontals or owt).

Have to say, though, that all this letters after the name malarky does my head in. What are folk trying to prove? The hubby has BA Hons First Class after his name and she has BA Hons then a load of letters, which presumably means she didn't get First Class but has joined some poxy organisation to get the letters to follow her name?

Anyway, all these photographers are fucking charlatans iyam*. There are just as good, if not better, folk on here - judging by some of the pics we've seen posted. I wouldn't entertain the vast majority of the professionals if it were up to me. However, it aint, the services of one such charlatan has been booked (I couldn't honestly tell you who), so I just keep on dancing. Thanks anyway for the recommendation (to everyone).

* eg I've seen pics from one wedding and one photo was of the bride's shoes (not being worn, I might add) on a chair with some crappy necklace draped over them. What the fuck is that all about? Unadulterated (expensive) bullshit.

This is a prime example of this country going down the toilet. Folk who are no better than you or I having stupid letters after their name in an attempt to bullshit the masses. Well you can't bullshit a bullshitter. These folk then expect to be paid in the thousands for something not worth more than a couple of hundred quid - at best. Yes they have a little talent, but it is not worth the amount they are charging.

Rant over :razz:

Spot on, Snakey. I hate all that cheesy bollocks and, fortunately, so does wor lass.

Its a fine line between shepherding 100 guests where you want them quickly and being a bossy twat who barks orders out at your closest family and friends.

It took us a good hour outside in the cold to get our photos and if the photographer hadn't have been so stern with the twats who decided they would nip to the bar or have a wander in the grounds during the photos it would have been dark by the time we got them finished!

I used to do those cheesy shots because thats what people asked for. Then I concentrated on getting the formal 'group' shots and spent the rest of the time taking informal head shots of people talking to one another. This made the bulk of the shots reminding the couple of the festivities. One good thing was I was often offered a meal and frequent drinks (I also used to cover the evening proceedings) So by the time the wedding was over, I usually felt no pain at all.

I used to do those cheesy shots because thats what people asked for. Then I concentrated on getting the formal 'group' shots and spent the rest of the time taking informal head shots of people talking to one another. This made the bulk of the shots reminding the couple of the festivities. One good thing was I was often offered a meal and frequent drinks (I also used to cover the evening proceedings) So by the time the wedding was over, I usually felt no pain at all.

How much would you charge, Haz, and, more importantly, do you have the required letters after your name?

How much would you charge, Haz, and, more importantly, do you have the required letters after your name?

Since I was a new starter I would usually charge around the £200 -300 mark, depending on what was required. I dont have letters after my name, a gifted semi pro/ amateur photographer, providing he has the right equipment can do an excellent job.

I was constantly amazed at what people will generally call a decent/good photograph. But i did find the clamour for black & white was steadily growing, which is nice as I find them more atmospheric.

I'm just starting to get in to wedding photography so if anyone ever needs someone give me a shout.

Toontastic discount available :razz:

My website will be going live in a week or so so i'll post the link on here once it is for anyone interested to view my work

Just a personal thing but I do not like cheesy smiles at the camera. Much more character in shots where they are unaware of the shot. BTW, the wedding cost a fortune. and she had a great time.

Literally 75% of my favourite pictures on my wedding day were taken by guests btw

My favourite (and to shut Kevin up)

DSC_0273-1-1.jpg

I guess it comes down to personal taste but to me thats quite gimmicky and not particularly "classy"

Its well done dont get me wrong, but not my cup of tea.

Just a personal thing but I do not like cheesy smiles at the camera. Much more character in shots where they are unaware of the shot.

Aye, same here. You have to do a few cheesy posed ones to keep the relatives happy I suppose, but if I was hiring someone for the gig, I'd ask them to spend as little time as possible on that and give them a roaming brief otherwise. You can still have the "moments" - cutting the cake and all - but taken from cute angles etc.

Just a personal thing but I do not like cheesy smiles at the camera. Much more character in shots where they are unaware of the shot.

Aye, same here. You have to do a few cheesy posed ones to keep the relatives happy I suppose, but if I was hiring someone for the gig, I'd ask them to spend as little time as possible on that and give them a roaming brief otherwise. You can still have the "moments" - cutting the cake and all - but taken from cute angles etc.

Tbh i think that's the way most people do it these days... anyone who doesn't is very out of touch and shouldn't be shooting weddings IMO.

Everyone wants some posed ones, but mainly get them done and dusted as quickly as possible and get lots of candid relaxed shots after that.

I shot a wedding earlier this year and whilst shooting the posed group and family shots (they wanted a lot!) I just kept clicking away when they weren't ready or just before they posed. I got a lot of really good candid group shots that worked much better than the ones where they were standing pulling cheesy grins.

Aye, most photographers would feel that way, but you must get all sorts of customers. I know I've been to weddings at all points along the old-fashioned/modern scale when it comes to the photography. "And now the schoolfriends of the groom who haven't seen him since A-level results day but have kept in touch via Facebook!" :razz:

Literally 75% of my favourite pictures on my wedding day were taken by guests btw

I guess it comes down to personal taste but to me thats quite gimmicky and not particularly "classy"

This was taken by a relative, its not a professional shot. It was one of the most natural pictures we got. Our reaction to coming out of the church to be met by 100 people cheering and blowing bubbles. About as far away from gimmicky as you can get imo

Heres' the original

DSC_0273.jpg

And that's enough before Wacky comes in shouting the odds

Edited by J69

DSC_0273-1-1.jpg

This was taken by a relative, its not a professional shot. It was one of the most natural pictures we got. Our reaction to coming out of the church to be met by 100 people cheering and blowing bubbles. About as far away from gimmicky as you can get imo

Heres' the original

46973_10150267500340023_565140022_14946328_6735293_n-1.jpg

Sorry I didnt mean the picture was gimmicky just the black and white with coloured bubble effect. That being said its actually a really good photo for a shot taken by a relative. I actually much prefer the coloured version though as its a lot warmer and the bubbles match.

I also notice your expressions which look really happy on the coloued version... you both get kind of lost on the b&w one as the colours of the bubbles over power you both.

Anyway its a good photo, must remember not to have my critique head on all the time :razz:

Edited by ajax_andy