Best Penalty Ever?

Kid Dynamite

one of my favourite

Agreed... Nothing better than when football show's you something you've not seen done before... Remember replaying it at the time to see what it was he'd actually done...

One of the best has to be Panenka's dink to win The European Championship for Czechoslovakia in 1976. Utter genius to do that under all that pressure.

Later came to be known as 'the Jenas'.

one of my favourite

Agreed... Nothing better than when football show's you something you've not seen done before... Remember replaying it at the time to see what it was he'd actually done...

*ahem*

one of my favourite

*ahem*

He even confuses the shit out of the camera man lol

one of my favourite

*ahem*

errrm....not a penalty kick though is it? misdirection with ones feet and the ball is hardly something new,his point was no one had taken a PK like that.

Seriously, how did the keeper not get to that though? :lol: He didn't dive and it rolled past him to the point he was watching it slowly go in from the 6 yard box (if not before).

One of the best has to be Panenka's dink to win The European Championship for Czechoslovakia in 1976. Utter genius to do that under all that pressure.

I tried to do that on the pitches at Ryton (beside that Stargate Chippy) and ended up putting a greenhouse window in. 1-1 at the time got so much stick.

Saw those Brazil pens at work on youtube. They're so incredibly bad I honestly don't think it's out of the question to suggest it was a fiddle. They were arguably the worst pens I think I've ever seen.

one of my favourite

*ahem*

errrm....not a penalty kick though is it? misdirection with ones feet and the ball is hardly something new,his point was no one had taken a PK like that.

Just got round to reading the original reply...You read my mind with your defence... Cheers

Apparently TalkSport website is running a page of various penalties for anyone interested...

• 2 months later...