Who really is disposable?

Deano

Ok so we dont have a huge squad as it is but there is a few that could really be shifted on if it gives us more opportunity to bring in before Sept 1st.

Ranger...1.5mil or A loan deal to CC side.

Lovenkrands...1mil

Best....3mil

Smith...Free

Guthrie...3mil

Routledge...1mil

Perch...500k

I thought when I saw this title it was going to be about disposable nappies.

On reflection, shit is the best description of most of this lot and most of the signings bought by our current owner

Ok so we dont have a huge squad as it is but there is a few that could really be shifted on if it gives us more opportunity to bring in before Sept 1st.

Ranger...1.5mil or A loan deal to CC side.

Lovenkrands...1mil

Best....3mil

Smith...Free

Guthrie...3mil

Routledge...1mil

Perch...500k

I wouldn't expect wholesale changes from here on in. Some won't want to move, especially if this involves dropping down a division or dropping wages, and some won't be sought after, and other clubs won't pay much if they perceive a player isn't in demand or PL standard. Plus some of these like Lovenkrands and Guthrie might still be wanted to pad out the already thin squad, and it might be difficult to get anybody in to replace them for a decent price as the window goes on.

all of those players listed should be sold and replaced with some quality players like another jonas or another tiote or another ben arfa

Football isn't that simple young padawan!

Most of the players listed above aren't good enough. That doesn't change the fact that we have a small squad. We can't afford to offload more of the deadwood until we sign at least another 3-4 first team players. Id rather use the likes of lovenkrands, best and Guthrie off the bench ahead of untested kids.

For Christ's sake, the vast majority of the squad "isn't good enough", if your criteria is to challenge the best teams in the PL. Who would make a CL club first eleven? Maybe Enrique. Barton, Tiote could be squad players. Coloccini, squad player at a pinch. That's it. Ameobi, Guthrie, Best etc. are rubbish, but so is our squad overall, and it's obviously not going to change under Ashley. If we get rid of them we'll just sign more rubbish 'cos that's what comes cheap. I'm not defending them, just pointing out that it's unrealistic to expect to get anything better.

Edited by StevieRoss

Our squads already paper thin, theres no point getting rid of any of them unless we're gonna replace them, which wont happen

Plus even if we did, we'd have nowt left after we bring in one player after his signing on fee, wages, transfer fee, bonuses, the petrol to get the lad here, the pasties to feed him whilst we're negotiating, the toilet roll to wipe his arse whilst we're negotiating

I've been wanting guthrie sold from the moment i saw him first place. He's so useless and his decision making quality is bloody woeful. Wouldn't lose sleep seeing Smith or perch gone either.