Newcastle v Arsenal Sat 13th August Kick Off 5.30pm

Christmas Tree

Guest Your Name Here
Ordered mine yesterday, looks like its ganna be a canny attendance aswell, only gallowgate and level 4 of the sir john hall left and even those seats are by themselves

Should be 4000 Arsenal fans there.... what with it being a Saturday evening televised game and all that.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have quite a few key players out, and its looking more and more like Fabregas and Nasri (although probably not before the weekend) are off, so we have a reasonably chance of getting something from it.

Not looking good for us tbh. According to news, if 3 games are cancelled, then they will cancel them all
Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure only a couple of matches were played one weekend at the height of winter last season - in fact I think one afternoon saw a single match take place.

Not looking good for us tbh. According to news, if 3 games are cancelled, then they will cancel them all
Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure only a couple of matches were played one weekend at the height of winter last season - in fact I think one afternoon saw a single match take place.

Thats what I heard. Its to do with the police presence necessary for match day. They need to have police on the streets, stations and ground. And they are worried about taking them away from duties that could encourage more rioting. I also think its to do with away fans travelling around too.

Could be bollocks, I hope so anyway. Have to wait for the announcement tomorrow.

Are you sure about that?

Thats what I heard. Its to do with the police presence necessary for match day. They need to have police on the streets, stations and ground. And they are worried about taking them away from duties that could encourage more rioting. I also think its to do with away fans travelling around too.

Could be bollocks, I hope so anyway. Have to wait for the announcement tomorrow.

Never thought of that. That could be the bit that fucks us up if they decide they cant police movement of fans out of and back into London. Bloody gutted if its postponed.

I'm worried about it going ahead. All due to the away fans coming out of Laaaandan. A season starter away at the mackems isn't what I'd want. I MUST watch Newcastle - Arsenal at teatime on saturday.

Bairns ticket turned up toady, no sign of mine though and couldn't get through, had to e-mail them.

had the phone line croaked?

Excessive number of calls. My ticket came today.

Edit: Whooshed is ya bastards.

Edited by Jusoda Kid

Ok, havent done one for a while so lets have a peep at a formation for Saturday. :icon_lol:

Krul

Simpson --- Taylor --- Colochini --- Erik

Tiote --- Cabaye

Obertan --- Gosling --- Marveaux

Ba

Gives us a nice solid midfield hopefully capable of breaking quickly.

Havent seen much of Ba pre season so it may be Best instead.

Ok, havent done one for a while so lets have a peep at a formation for Saturday. :icon_lol:

Krul

Tiote --- Cabaye

Ba

Coloccini! He's the captain now, you've got to at least be able to spell his name.

I think Marveaux will start on the bench with Jonas down the left. Left back will obviously be interesting...

Would be pretty quick to rush Obertan out there, I'd much rather see Barton down the right in an act of conciliation. Obertan and Marveaux will be good to inject later in the game off the bench. If Barton doesn't figure then either of the two new French wide-men could play with Jonas. Alternately Obertan could play behind a lone striker - likely to be Shola I'd say. If two up top Shola and Ba. Plenty of choices to be made in certain positions.

Krul

Tiote --- Cabaye

Ba

Coloccini! He's the captain now, you've got to at least be able to spell his name.

I think Marveaux will start on the bench with Jonas down the left. Left back will obviously be interesting...

Would be pretty quick to rush Obertan out there, I'd much rather see Barton down the right in an act of conciliation. Obertan and Marveaux will be good to inject later in the game off the bench. If Barton doesn't figure then either of the two new French wide-men could play with Jonas. Alternately Obertan could play behind a lone striker - likely to be Shola I'd say. If two up top Shola and Ba. Plenty of choices to be made in certain positions.

Agreeing that Jonas is a bit like Bovril to NUFC fans, I get the feeling he is also not Pardews cup of tea.

Everything he talks about seems to be this fluid passing play. Jonas's mazy runs and lack of end product dont really fit into that.

Agreeing that Jonas is a bit like Bovril to NUFC fans, I get the feeling he is also not Pardews cup of tea.

Spare everyone the hassle of this tedious discussion relating to your reason(s) for not selecting Jonas.

Selecting Gosling to play behind the striker says everything we need to know about the validity of your opinion.

I think CT means Marmite, except that would suggest fans either love or hate him whereas most think he's a decent, hardworking player who doesn't have the end product to be top drawer. Other than that though... :icon_lol:

I think CT means Marmite, except that would suggest fans either love or hate him whereas most think he's a decent, hardworking player who doesn't have the end product to be top drawer. Other than that though... :icon_lol:

:lol: