Newcastle v Arsenal Sat 13th August Kick Off 5.30pm

Christmas Tree

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal Match Ticket Information

Information for Season Ticket Holders

New season ticket holders, or existing season ticket holders that have moved seat or changed price band, have been issued with a new season card. All season cards have now been shipped and will arrive prior to Saturday's match.

If your season card has not arrived please come to the Box Office today (we're open until 5pm) or as early as possible tomorrow (we're open from 9am) to arrange a paper ticket for Saturday's match. If you request a paper ticket please ensure you bring this ticket to the game as your smartcard will be disabled for this match and will not enable access to the stadium.

All existing season ticket holders are reminded that they will not be issued with a new season card for the 2011-12 season. Please re-use last season's card which has been uploaded with all the matches for the new season.

Information for Arsenal Match Ticket Purchasers

All Arsenal tickets have been mailed but we're aware that some tickets have not yet arrived with supporters. As above, please come to the Box Office today (we're open until 5pm) or as early as possible tomorrow (we're open from 9am) to arrange a replacement ticket for Saturday's match.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Matchday Collections

Supporters that have requested a duplicate match ticket or a paper ticket because their season card has not arrived should report to the main Box Office up until 2pm on matchday and from the Gallowgate Stand Box Office after this time to collect their replacement ticket.

All tickets bought from now by telephone or from the Online Box Office will be made available for collection from the Gallowgate Stand Box Office from 2pm on matchday.

Please ensure you bring your email confirmation and the payment card used to purchase the ticket.

Hatem Ben Arfa has been handed the number ten shirt for Newcastle United ahead of the 2011/12 campaign.

The French forward, who arrived from Marseille last August initially on loan before making the move permanent in January, previously wore the 37 jersey, but has opted to switch for this term.

Ben Arfa takes over the number from Wayne Routledge, who departed for Swansea last week, and the likes of George Robledo, John Tudor, Terry McDermott, Les Ferdinand and Craig Bellamy have all worn the ten shirt in the past.

New signing Yohan Cabaye will wear the number four, while fellow summer recruits Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Gabriel Obertan have got numbers 19, 22 and 25 respectively.

Full-back Danny Simpson has swapped from the number 12 shirt to take on number five, and youngster Mehdi Abeid, who joined in the close season from Lens, will wear 13.

Newcastle United squad numbers in full

1. Steve Harper

2. Fabricio Coloccini

4. Yohan Cabaye

5. Danny Simpson

6. Mike Williamson

7. Joey Barton

8. Danny Guthrie

10. Hatem Ben Arfa

11. Peter Lovenkrands

13. Mehdi Abeid

14. James Perch

15. Dan Gosling

16. Ryan Taylor

17. Alan Smith

18. Jonas Gutierrez

19. Demba Ba

20. Leon Best

21. Fraser Forster

22. Sylvain Marveaux

23. Shola Ameobi

24. Cheik Tiote

25. Gabriel Obertan

26. Tim Krul

27. Steven Taylor

28. Sammy Ameobi

29. Haris Vuckic

30. Nile Ranger

31. Shane Ferguson

32. Ryan Donaldson

33. Ole Soderberg

34. James Tavernier

Krul

Simpson Colo Wily Taylor/Ferguson

Barton Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ameobi Ba

tough one to call, both clubs in upheaval, neither seem happy camps

I reckon we might go 433 with Ba on his own in the middle Jonas and Obertan on the wings with Tiote Cabaye and Barton in the middle?

Think it will be ....

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Colochini - S Taylor

Tiote -----Cabaye

Obertan ----Gosling ---- Jonas

Ba

And a Ba Hat trick on his debut.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Krul

Simpson Colo Wily Taylor/Ferguson

Barton Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Ameobi Ba

tough one to call, both clubs in upheaval, neither seem happy camps

I reckon we might go 433 with Ba on his own in the middle Jonas and Obertan on the wings with Tiote Cabaye and Barton in the middle?

Think it will be ....

Krul

Simpson - Williamson - Colochini - S Taylor

Tiote -----Cabaye

Obertan ----Gosling ---- Jonas

Ba

And a Ba Hat trick on his debut.

I think Barton will play instead of Gosling.

Ba hat trick...I'm not so confident.

Off Arsenal's O/S

DAN ROEBUCK, COMMENTATOR

Arsenal will kick off the season with a win at St James’ Park, of that I’m certain. Forget last season’s 4-4 draw, the players will have and the team is likely to be nearly 50 per cent different to the one that took to the field in February. Instead focus on what we know. Sure, the defence hasn’t been great in pre-season, but when Thomas Vermaelen and Laurent Koscielny have played together Arsenal have only conceded once – and that was Carl Jenkinson’s freak own goal versus Cologne. I’ve no concerns at the other end of the pitch, Gervinho looks a stellar signing and Robin van Persie has top scored in the summer matches, picking up where he left off last term, while the midfield pairing of Alex Song and Aaron Ramsey is better than anything Newcastle have got. The full backs pick themselves and I’d play Theo Walcott, if fit, on the right given his record on Tyneside (three goals on his last two visits).

ADRIAN CLARKE, STUDIO GUEST

Arsenal’s preparations for this season's opener have been far from ideal so it’s important that they grab a morale-boosting victory at St. James’ Park, especially ahead of the important matches to come later this month. In an attacking sense I am confident that Arsenal will score goals. Robin van Persie is in fine fettle, brimming with confidence, while Gervinho has also shown glimpses of star quality during pre-season. Chances will come their way against a Newcastle side that has been considerably weakened by the sales of Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan. Defensively I’m a little nervous. The back four hasn’t looked completely solid during the friendlies and they are sure to be tested at times on Saturday evening. Hopefully, the painful memories of their 4-4 draw in this fixture last term will ensure maximum concentration at all times! Player for player this should be a comfortable victory for the Gunners but I have a feeling it may take two or three Arsenal goals to secure all three points.

ANDREW MANGAN, ARSEBLOG

I have to admit I'd hoped we'd be in better shape going into this game than we actually are. The preparations seem to have been over-shadowed by the transfer stories regarding Cesc and Nasri. However, while it's easy for fans to be distracted as these protracted sagas play out, I'm sure the manager has the players who will be playing ready and focused on what is a crucial game. We all know what happened there last season and this is a good chance to lay those ghosts to rest nice and early in the season. Even if our defence is not quite where we want it, I think an attacking trio of Gervinho, RVP and Theo Walcott will give us the firepower we need to get the season off to a winning start. Fingers crossed.

Arrogant twats what they should dee is fuck off to the rugby where they belong. Arsenal's fanbase numbers about 15,000 people of what I would class as proper fans. Ian Wright agrees, they're a new age horrible entity of clueless wanks, most of whom couldn't write two lines about the offside law.

When the fuck have Arsenal ever had a comfortable win here in the league??? That 1-3 when Martins scored we were the better team, when else? Clueless wanks, I truly think we can win this game, they proper wilt in a good atmosphere always will do because they're not used to it at home. For years they've went places like Boro, Blackburn, Sheffield United and lost cos they can't handle the north, and we're like fuckin Hollywood with more raucous fans than those three. We'll get a good result am sure of it, pissed up crowd ALWAYS makes the difference.

stevie are you really that shocked and appaled by pro arsenal bias on arsenal website?

their fanbase has fuck all to do with the predictions too.

before you jump down my throat though I do agree with you about them wilting when the crowds against them and that we can potentially win this game but you dont half get bent out of shape over some odd stuff

stevie are you really that shocked and appaled by pro arsenal bias on arsenal website?

their fanbase has fuck all to do with the predictions too.

before you jump down my throat though I do agree with you about them wilting when the crowds against them and that we can potentially win this game but you dont half get bent out of shape over some odd stuff

More shocked than the fact there's a cheeky OOT commenting on my thoughts on that article and putting a negative light on it. Who said their fanbase has anything to do with the predictions? Did it have to be based on their predictions, my point is the majority of their fanbase is made up of complete fuckwits, not funny fuckwits, the type who spend 4 hours on a Sunday morning, reading the Sunday Times supplements - a Life in a Day and doing the Crossword.

Aye they do wilt in the North their players have nee character.

im not putting a negative light on anything, you just seemed unusually upset that peoples comments on an arsenal website said they thought arsenal will win.

its like someone coming on here and being surprised that we like Newcastle

---Krul---

S.Taylor---Williamson---Coloccini---Simpson

Obertan---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

---Ba---Shola---

SUBS: Harper, R.Taylor, Barton, Gosling, Marveaux, Best and Lovenkrands.

I know its bold but why not give Dummett a run out at LB? Means keeping our shape and having a left footer at LB albeit him being very green.

If Marveaux is fit enough to start OR Barton does enough to start then we could see Jonas at LB.

Had a dream last night and we won 3-2....winner coming late.

im not putting a negative light on anything, you just seemed unusually upset that peoples comments on an arsenal website said they thought arsenal will win.

its like someone coming on here and being surprised that we like Newcastle

I'm not upset at all, I'm just commenting on what a bunch of fuckwits they are, and made the point they have NEVER had a comfortable win here in the league. A record of W5 D7 L5 in the Premiership era, tells its' own story, his ignorance that they're going to rewrite history and win comfortably here, is what irritated me, they can't even beat fuckin New York Red Bulls at the Emirates, let alone us in front of 52000 at SJP.

---Krul---

---Ba---Shola---

I know its bold but why not give Dummett a run out at LB? Means keeping our shape and having a left footer at LB albeit him being very green.

If Marveaux is fit enough to start OR Barton does enough to start then we could see Jonas at LB.

I can see one striker with gosling or barton in the midfield with tiote and cabaye

---Krul---

---Ba---Shola---

I can see one striker with gosling or barton in the midfield with tiote and cabaye

A 433 come 451 ay?

It may be what AP goes with rather than the "standard" 442. Personally if we go that way then i'd imagine it would be Cayabe behind the striker not Barton or Gosling.

Krul

Taylor---Willo---Colo---Simpson

Gosling/Barton----Tiote

Obertan--------Cabaye--------Jonas

---Ba---

Still think it will be 442 with Shola and Ba upfront though.

I reckon Vuckic will do well in this game if he gets the chance.

I agree Tom, i would love to see him get on the pitch. Really has looked good in pre-season.

-----Krul-----

Simpson-Coloccini-S.Taylor-Jonas

Obertan--Barton----Tiote--Marveaux

Cabaye

Ba

Did someone say Marveux can't play? Because if he can i'd imagine that to be the best lineup we'd have, only ever seen Cabaye once or twice but he always seems to be good at AMC. Maybe we could try Vuckic at LM? He's had a good preseason and i'd take Jonas playing LB, he's admittedly wank at defending but at least he'd have the pace to keep up with Gervinho/Walcott and could create problems closing them down.

Ba and Ameobi will start and if Barton's head is right it will be him, Cabaye and Tiote with the left side Jonas from Pardew's comments.

By the way Song + Ramsey vs. Tiote + Cabaye should surprise that Arsenal blogger.

I'm really excited for tomorrow but unfortunately it's more for the fact that it gets me back out in the town on piss on a saturday than it is for the actual match.

If we actually had a leftback and I was confident Barton would be selected I would be fairly optimistic given their options but yet again we'll shoot ourselves in the foot.

I'm kind of hoping Saylor isn't used as rightback given he was shite when used there last time and he was just starting to come good in the centre towards the end of the season. But I'm not sure what better option we have. Possibly Raylor left and Simpson right with the Colo and Saylor in the centre.

Out of interest, why are people selecting Cabaye off the front man? He's a central midfielder. Makes no sense at all.

He played behind two strikers at Lille in a 442 diamond.

Its an option at least.

Out of interest, why are people selecting Cabaye off the front man? He's a central midfielder. Makes no sense at all.

He played behind two strikers at Lille in a 442 diamond.

Its an option at least.

Played nothing like that for France on Wednesday. Played not far in front of the defence alongside Mvia(?) who was being likened to Viera. He got farward a good deal but his starting position definitely wasn't advanced.