What are you looking forward to?

Bonamental

Few things I'm particularly looking forward to coming out this year:

And, purely cos I loved the original couple of both of these:

Also I guess MW3 will prob get a look in, and Assassin's Creed Revelations, but still haven't finished Brotherhood so haven't bothered looking around for trailers for that yet. Wouldn't want to spoil yet another completely non-existant ending to a game.

Edited by Bonamental

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arkham

Dead Island (hoping they tidy it up from the clips i seen from E3 though or ill be massively disappointed, from the trailer this should be game of the year.

Bioshock Infinite

Gears of war 3

Devil May Cry

looking forward to the HD versions of resident evil 4 and code veronica on xbox live arcade the most though, i love resident evil, my favourite series of games by a mile.

There's a new DMC???

Edited by Bonamental

Arkham

Dead Island (hoping they tidy it up from the clips i seen from E3 though or ill be massively disappointed, from the trailer this should be game of the year.

Bioshock Infinite

Gears of war 3

Devil May Cry

looking forward to the HD versions of resident evil 4 and code veronica on xbox live arcade the most though, i love resident evil, my favourite series of games by a mile.

There's a new DMC???

series reboot

new dante

DMC-Devil-May-Cry-Dantes-New-Look.jpg

How the hell have I missed this?! Looks completely wrong from that image of him, but the combat looks familiar enough. Plus Ninja Theory did Heavenly Sword which I really liked, so hopefully its not a complete hash. Although if its not mental and outlandish (vividly remember Dante pulling himself all the way back over his massive sword whilst it was pinning him to the ground at the start of DMC1), it'll feel more like a DMC clone than actually DMC, if you see what I mean.

But yeah, DMC4 was nice and bright, really good backgrounds, particularly the outdoor levels towards the end with churches etc.

(added to my list!)

Oh, btw, did anyone ever play Okami? When I was looking up DMC5 wiki linked me to Kayami or whatever his name is, who created DMC, and also did most of Okami. Wish whatevers left of Clover would get their act together and make a proper new Okami for PS3, that could be a stunning game.

Edited by Bonamental

Never played or seen anything of Saint's Row. What are they like?

theyre brilliant, theyre what GTA would be nowadays if theyd just transfered the silliness of the first ones into 3D instead of making you cart round your fat cousin for hours

theyre brilliant, theyre what GTA would be nowadays if theyd just transfered the silliness of the first ones into 3D instead of making you cart round your fat cousin for hours

Sounds good. Although I've got so many games I haven't finished let alone the ones I want to get coming out this year that I might have to wait on this one.

The first one is good, If you watch you the trailer for the new one it looks shit. They basically came out and said it's just a silly game to mess around. Not my sort of thing

The first one is good, If you watch you the trailer for the new one it looks shit. They basically came out and said it's just a silly game to mess around. Not my sort of thing

they didnt, thats what they showed in the gameplay trailer because they know that in a sandbox like this people want to dick about not do the GTA4 thing of taking your friends to strip clubs and play bowling

theres as much of a story and missions as ever

they didnt, thats what they showed in the gameplay trailer because they know that in a sandbox like this people want to dick about not do the GTA4 thing of taking your friends to strip clubs and play bowling

theres as much of a story and missions as ever

You would of thought they would of showed more to it though. I saw the E3 interview and all they seemed interested in was hitting people with massive dildos and shooting people out of canons. You got any videos about the story? Willing to give it ago.

If you're playing games for story, you're in it for the wrong reasons. The whole point of a sandbox is to give you a world to mess about with in between missions, otherwise what's the point? That's why Mafia 2 was shit and LA Noire didn't really need a sandbox. It just so happens they're filling the sandbox with the craziest things imaginable and my friend, if you don't find the enjoyment in riding a quad bike around an underground shopping mall, fully naked with Ride of the Valkyries playing while you shout swear words in a broad cockney accent and getting high scores for it, well, you're a man I don't want to meet for online coffee.