Starting my own business....

charvski

My new boss asked her to start an agency with her, and I agreed. There is nothing to be lost from it apart from a small bit of cash, but all in all I thought it was worth the risk.

Anyway, just wanted to ask a few questions on here, as some people might know about this kind of stuff.

First I want to ask should we have something written between us. To say that were equal partners and all that kind of stuff?

Another thing, how do you go about making a website with all the information on your need? Is it best to pay someone to do it for you? How much does it take for the upkeep of a website? Do advertisements on website help with the running costs or not at all?

And lastly, if anyone would like to come to Taiwan to teach let me know. Hopefully I can get everything off the ground and running, but at the moment it is all a new venture.

Thanks.

Do it yourself, its really easy to do and loads cheaper. Also handy to pick up the basics so you can make changes.

Per year costs;

Domain name: £3 (.co.uk) or £5 (.com)

Hosting: £20 (take ur pick, I'd go with a sticky'd provider)

One-off

Design: £20 (Theme Forest

To tweak it just post in the help section there's loads of people that can help. or create a £25 job on vWorker

Obviously I would disagree with that being someone who develops sites but it is one of the worst mistakes people make deciding to buidl their own site if they dont have any experience.

Its not just about the look of the site, its the content, the way its structured, the links you use and how you go about marketing it. There really is nothing worse (aside from trapping your bollocks in a vice) than a home made website for a professional business. Hosting shouldnt be a case of the cheapest one, you need to take into account the requirements of the site, do you need Content Management? databases? how many visitors do you expect? is it hosted in the desired country etc etc.

Do not just jump into making your own site, at least speak to someone you know about it.

How would you end up with a home made website?

Edited by Phil

A basic website is anywhere from about £500 upwards depending on what you want it to do with hosting being anywhere from £50-100 a year.

I'm thinking about starting my own business as I've got what I think is a canny idea that I could make decent money from (£1000 a week) with very little stress and something you can switch off from when you go home, and most importantly I'd be my own boss.

Looking at about £2000-£2500 to start it as well which is fuck all really even if it does go tits up.

Give it a go. ^_^

I'm going too parky, this thread and your backing along with Manc Mag patting me on the back has got my fires burning. Not rushing in but I'm going to get the ball rolling this week, just need to do some more research.

Edited by Jusoda Kid