Away Ticket Sales Restricted to Members and Season-Ticket Holders

In the aftermath of Friday's shameful and unsavoury incidents at Darlington, Newcastle United are currently working with Northumbria Police to identify those individuals who were responsible for criminal behaviour during the game.

The club will not tolerate any kind of criminal or anti social behaviour from fans at home or away fixtures, and anyone who is identified as being involved in such behaviour, may be subject to a 'Club Banning Order' over and above any action taken by the police.

The club has already received calls from a number of law abiding fans who have provided information which will help identify offenders. This information is being treated in the strictest confidence and will be shared with the police.

Two Newcastle United fans aged 20 and 21 have already been arrested and charged with pitch incursion and associated public order offences, and the police will be seeking lengthy banning orders for these individuals.

In order to combat any possible trouble at future away fixtures, a new policy will be implemented by the club which will see ticket sales restricted to Season Ticket Holders and Members only. As such the buyer will be held accountable for any trouble associated with the purchase/use of a ticket.

Supporters attending the forthcoming game at Leeds will be reminded in advance of the game of their responsibilities to the club, fellow supporters, and the game of football as a whole.

Newcastle United sincerely hopes that this incident is a one-off never to be repeated again and that as the 2011/12 season unfolds, the good name, fervour and loyalty of its fans will once again be to the fore up and down the country.

Remarkable attempt to get more money out of us, sacrificing our quality away support. Mugs.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite happy about this tbh. having seen the state of th skiprats causing the bother at darlo first hand. The people causing the bother definetly werent season ticket holders. If this stop another darlo ill be more than happy.

Surely the only people who care would be non season ticket holders who hardly ever go to the games anyway

Edited by JaMoUsE

I can see why everyone has commented on this so far, but can also see a different side. By paying for either the membership, and when you pay for season ticket, they know they have your actual address. Whereas it would be fairly easy to call and give a different address if you were picking the tickets up or sent to another.

At least now, trouble can be traced to the door of the person. It is a annoying and another reason to get people to spend more.

Quite happy about this tbh. having seen the state of th skiprats causing the bother at darlo first hand. The people causing the bother definetly werent season ticket holders. If this stop another darlo ill be more than happy.

Surely the only people who care would be non season ticket holders who hardly ever go to the games anyway

How will it do that?

I can see why everyone has commented on this so far, but can also see a different side. By paying for either the membership, and when you pay for season ticket, they know they have your actual address. Whereas it would be fairly easy to call and give a different address if you were picking the tickets up or sent to another.

At least now, trouble can be traced to the door of the person. It is a annoying and another reason to get people to spend more.

That could be done for a nominal fee as a registration scheme. This is outright opportunism.

That could be done for a nominal fee as a registration scheme. This is outright opportunism.

Exactly. What a set of cunts.

Even if they have everyone's address and seat number how the fuck will that help them to trace anyone when the place looks like this?

''Well him in the newcastle shirt was sat over there somewhere next to that other bloke in the newcastle shirt and erm.... fuck it there's 500 of them on the pitch!'

Darlington-v-Newcastle--003.jpg

How will it do that?

cos they looked like tramps with nee money.

Call it selfish but Ive got a season ticket with 164 loyalty points so i couldnt really careless about people who refuse to sign up for membership or get a season ticket.

Edited by JaMoUsE

Yeah. Newcastle ST holders never cause trouble. :lol:

Fuck sake away games are always easier for me! Guess i'll have to buy membership, half of me's thinking "Why the fuck should I" but there's no point arguing, i'm not gonna cause trouble so I have no problem with that aspect, just the money. Do you get anything else with membership?

expand...

expand...

You're just being a stupid ignorant twat, basically.

That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.