Away Ticket Sales Restricted to Members and Season-Ticket Holders

So nowt then? Ive been a ST holder for 10 years in the east stand and dont see any bother. The odd old boy might slip on the steps now and again or drop his pie but nee bother

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh basically. My view on this is. If you's rather not pay the £20 membership or whatever it is then go to away games then you probably dont value gonig to watch newcastle very much. Its no hardship to be fair. If you value an additional 20 quid to watch newcastle play then you probably dont value watching them much at all

Quite happy about this tbh. having seen the state of th skiprats causing the bother at darlo first hand. The people causing the bother definetly werent season ticket holders. If this stop another darlo ill be more than happy.

Surely the only people who care would be non season ticket holders who hardly ever go to the games anyway

How will it do that?

cos they looked like tramps with nee money.

Call it selfish but Ive got a season ticket with 164 loyalty points so i couldnt really careless about people who refuse to sign up for membership or get a season ticket.

So basically it's an "I'm alright Jack" view with nothing to do with preventing further trouble then? A bit like the club.

if your not a ST holder or member you wont get tickets for decent games anyway so this will probably be better for them anyway. Glass always half empty. Aye its a money spinner but as previously said doesnt affect me so....

if your not a ST holder or member you wont get tickets for decent games anyway so this will probably be better for them anyway. Glass always half empty. Aye its a money spinner but as previously said doesnt affect me so....

Don't you think fans should stick together occasionally? That's why fans (who were ST holders) got hoyed out of their seats against their will. Not just under Ashley but under the last lot too. No wonder we get shafted.

Don't you think fans should stick together occasionally? That's why fans (who were ST holders) got hoyed out of their seats against their will. Not just under Ashley but under the last lot too. No wonder we get shafted.

were you at darlo? Im guessing not otherwise you would be in agreement. even if this measure only stops 10 of them mongs getting to away games again its worth it. I left after 60 minutes along with about 1000 others. Our day ruined by a mindless few.

were you at darlo? Im guessing not otherwise you would be in agreement. even if this measure only stops 10 of them mongs getting to away games again its worth it. I left after 60 minutes along with about 1000 others. Our day ruined by a mindless few.

I'm not bothered if the match was ruined because it didn't effect me because I wasn't there :lol:

Oh basically. My view on this is. If you's rather not pay the £20 membership or whatever it is then go to away games then you probably dont value gonig to watch newcastle very much. Its no hardship to be fair. If you value an additional 20 quid to watch newcastle play then you probably dont value watching them much at all

Obviously, and I have no problem giving 20 quid to Newcastle to become a member, but what the fuck does this membership even mean? Why should anyone just do it because Ashley says so?How many REAL away games have problems like this? Not shitty little friendlies against Darlington. It's just more proof that Ashley wants to piss off the fans more and more, it's like he's purposely trying to see how long he can go before everybody forgets Newcastle exists.

Obviously, and I have no problem giving 20 quid to Newcastle to become a member, but what the fuck does this membership even mean? Why should anyone just do it because Ashley says so?How many REAL away games have problems like this? Not shitty little friendlies against Darlington. It's just more proof that Ashley wants to piss off the fans more and more, it's like he's purposely trying to see how long he can go before everybody forgets Newcastle exists.

REAL away games dont generally have problems like this because proper fans go, not the tools who manage to get tickets friendlies on the door or whatever. So the idea is to stop friendly games having this sort of problem in the future I imagine + sum extra money for mike to spend at aspers the neet

REAL away games dont generally have problems like this because proper fans go, not the tools who manage to get tickets friendlies on the door or whatever. So the idea is to stop friendly games having this sort of problem in the future I imagine + sum extra money for mike to spend at aspers the neet

So why have it for real away games then? If proper fans are gonna go. None of these chavvy wankers who were at Darlington are gonna be on the first train to Swansea are they? So why penalize EVERYONE when it's only a problem like 3 times a year for friendlies. Like I said i'll be paying the membership fee, but I don't for one second believe Ashley's done it for anything other than greedy reasons. I hate you Mike Ashley, and I wish cancer upon you, yes cancer, in the face.

Encouraging potential trouble makers at future away friendlies to buy tickets in the home end should stop any bother I suppose.

I can see why everyone has commented on this so far, but can also see a different side. By paying for either the membership, and when you pay for season ticket, they know they have your actual address. Whereas it would be fairly easy to call and give a different address if you were picking the tickets up or sent to another.

At least now, trouble can be traced to the door of the person. It is a annoying and another reason to get people to spend more.

That could be done for a nominal fee as a registration scheme. This is outright opportunism.

I agree with both of the above comments, at the end of the day though, some clubds require membership as a minimum to buy away tickets anyway and I can see why. I was at the darlo game and it was a fucking embarrasment, however, living in darlington I would argue half the scum bags in the newcastle end who ran on were from the council estate (probs the worst one in the town) right behind the stadium and nowt to do with our club. NUFC shot themselves in the foot by selling away tickets on the door to anyone and everyone, expecting no trouble. Usually this is not the case as away tickets are as rare as rocking horse shit and we see the same faces at every single one and bother is not an issue.

Can i just ask a question mind, being a season ticket holder I have sometimes even struggled for away tickets although this has been less likely in the last two years but can anyone who is not a ST holder or member ever really get hold of an away ticket anyway? I can't recall the last time I saw them on general sale on the website but then again i do the same few every year so buy them as soon as they are on sale to make sure!

I'm not bothered if the match was ruined because it didn't effect me because I wasn't there :lol:

:D

to coin some of stevies logic there seems to a distinct difference of opinion from the none local support to those who are based locally.

At the end of the day, its not ideal but it does have its benefits. You'll accumulate points for every ticket and might end up getting tickets for better games in the future.

Encouraging potential trouble makers at future away friendlies to buy tickets in the home end should stop any bother I suppose.

this is a response to the trouble caused at darlo by pissed kids. They were in a crowd of 6000 newcastle fans with 2000 darlo fans. I really cant see them giving it the bigguns sitting on their tod in the home end when they're outnumbered massively.

I doubt Whitley bay fits into Stevie's ''local support'' bracket like.

8 miles out of the city centre is a massive 'commute' like

About the same distance as Chester-Le-Street give or take a couple of miles. :lol:

I doubt Whitley bay fits into Stevie's ''local support'' bracket like.

8 miles out of the city centre is a massive 'commute' like

About the same distance as Chester-Le-Street give or take a couple of miles. :lol:

The best rule of thumb is can you get to the city centre without going through countryside.

this is a response to the trouble caused at darlo by pissed kids. They were in a crowd of 6000 newcastle fans with 2000 darlo fans. I really cant see them giving it the bigguns sitting on their tod in the home end when they're outnumbered massively.

That's fair enough but if you're going to use that arguemnt then surely you'd have to accept this is disproportionate response. I.e. using one unfortunate incident in extremely unusual circumstances as a justification for charging the types of fans who weren't in any way to blame. Nice work by the fat wanker though.