Away Ticket Sales Restricted to Members and Season-Ticket Holders

Sending an email to the club to see what sort of reply I get. I know it'll make no difference, I just want to see if I get a reply/what bullshit i'll hear, after all it's not as if Fat Ashley himself will read it, just some craic to see the reply

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from just been a totally opportunistic money-making scheme, the whole thing completely devalues the point of a membership. I'm not from Newcastle (being from daan saaf and living in Aberdeen), I've never lived there and I can't see me being ever being in a position to buy a season ticket.

I normally go to more away than home games, and I've got a membership because it gives me a chance of actually getting a ticket at places like White Hart Lane where they're like f*cking gold-dust because of the demand. If everyone has to get a membership to go to these games then the advantage is taken away. I have to hand over £20 for the priviledge of just being able to apply for away tickets at all, and there's not even the opportunity for members to get seats in the singing section any more at SJP. It's a disgrace

Apart from just been a totally opportunistic money-making scheme, the whole thing completely devalues the point of a membership. I'm not from Newcastle (being from daan saaf and living in Aberdeen), I've never lived there and I can't see me being ever being in a position to buy a season ticket.

I normally go to more away than home games, and I've got a membership because it gives me a chance of actually getting a ticket at places like White Hart Lane where they're like f*cking gold-dust because of the demand. If everyone has to get a membership to go to these games then the advantage is taken away. I have to hand over £20 for the priviledge of just being able to apply for away tickets at all, and there's not even the opportunity for members to get seats in the singing section any more at SJP. It's a disgrace

That's a very good pont.

You only had to see the mugs at Darlington to know this isn;t the worst idea in the world. Not often I can say I'm embarrassed by our supporters, but it really really was ASBO central the away even forgetting about the pitch invasion.

That's a very good pont.

It is, and it means who gets allocated just goes straight to "loyalty points".

As said by most, an appalling decision but is anyone that surpised coming from these fuckers?

And to jamouse who's claiming that it will stop fans misbehaving as the club will be able to identify them...the last time there were mags' mugshots in the Chron there was at least 2 season ticket holders amongst them.

That's a very good pont.

It is, and it means who gets allocated just goes straight to "loyalty points".

As said by most, an appalling decision but is anyone that surpised coming from these fuckers?

And to jamouse who's claiming that it will stop fans misbehaving as the club will be able to identify them...the last time there were mags' mugshots in the Chron there was at least 2 season ticket holders amongst them.

They've no respect or time for the support and the feeling is (almost)* mutual. If a 'popular' owner did some of the things they've done since they took over our club but actually took time to explain their decisions in a respectful way, then I'm sure on some issues people would've been a bit more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. I've no doubt in my mind the owner is making the best of a bad deal and doesn't give a fuck about you or me.

* One or two are almost comical in their appeasement of every thing the club do.

Its funny how so many on here berate the board for not exploiting all revenues to cover operating costs rather than relying on transfers fees and then as soon as they do, all hell breaks loose. :lol:

I think there's a difference between exploiting all avenues for income like not using sportsdirect as the stadium sponsor, and exploiting/ripping off your fans for another £25

Man City get £400M from a benevolent owner for stadium naming rights, Arsenal get £100M a few seasons ago, what do we get for playing at an officially re-named stadium?

Guest Your Name Here
Not really CT. Is this you being a bit mischevious to generate some hot soccer debate? :lol:

Too stupid a statement to be anything else.

Ashley continues to create a lot of bad blood and when the inevitable consequence of his negative strategy for running the club bears fruit it’s going to get very ugly at SJP.

Guest Your Name Here
Its funny how so many on here berate the board for not exploiting all revenues to cover operating costs rather than relying on transfers fees and then as soon as they do, all hell breaks loose. :lol:

I think there's a difference between exploiting all avenues for income like not using sportsdirect as the stadium sponsor, and exploiting/ripping off your fans for another £25

Man City get £400M from a benevolent owner for stadium naming rights, Arsenal get £100M a few seasons ago, what do we get for playing at an officially re-named stadium?

Fuck all.

The amount of revenue this new away ticketing policy will bring in will is negligible in the scheme of things. It’s just another petty and pointless scheme to shit on the supporters.

Not really CT. Is this you being a bit mischevious to generate some hot soccer debate? :lol:

Too stupid a statement to be anything else.

Ashley continues to create a lot of bad blood and when the inevitable consequence of his negative strategy for running the club bears fruit it’s going to get very ugly at SJP.

So what's that then?

That's what he means though - you blindly suck Ashley's balls no matter what he does - and although you don't go to games people of a similar ilk will and this will cause arguments.

This is akin to Thatcher's plans in the 80's for football fans to produce ID cards before entering grounds in the 80's. That was a disgusting idea and this is no better. At least Thatcher's plan was an honest attempt to stop violence, whereas LardAsh's idea is purely money orientated imo.

This is akin to Thatcher's plans in the 80's for football fans to produce ID cards before entering grounds in the 80's. That was a disgusting idea and this is no better. At least Thatcher's plan was an honest attempt to stop violence, whereas LardAsh's idea is purely money orientated imo.

L7 last year. Why the fuck should you need to pay for the privilage of having the right to pay for a ticket??!!! Surely the price of the ticket is enough? Of course it was all a not so well hidden agenda to fuck off L7.

So everyone on earth - apart from Mackems, Mike & Dekka, call it St.James Park. I don't really see the problem.

The Stadium of Light however?

Seriously? :lol:

In a nutshell.

Oh no yet another evil scheme to rip people off !! :lol:

The usual unadulterated tosh expected on here is all it is.

Do the sums

say 4000 away fans (ave) of which 75% will be season ticket holders or members already I would reckon, of the rest (1,000) probably half get tickets from mates who are St holders or members. That leaves 500

500 x £25 = £12,500

Great scheme that is :D

BTW £12,500 (or even double it) wouldn't go near the cost of setting up and administering a scheme to "vet" none ST's or members (that ST/Members system presumably already exists).