Away Ticket Sales Restricted to Members and Season-Ticket Holders

Oh no yet another evil scheme to rip people off !! :lol:

The usual unadulterated tosh expected on here is all it is.

Do the sums

say 4000 away fans (ave) of which 75% will be season ticket holders or members already I would reckon, of the rest (1,000) probably half get tickets from mates who are St holders or members. That leaves 500

500 x £25 = £12,500

Great scheme that is :D

BTW £12,500 (or even double it) wouldn't go near the cost of setting up and administering a scheme to "vet" none ST's or members (that ST/Members system presumably already exists).

quite a lot of people over-react to nothing in the grand scheme of things don't they ?

However, the principle is correct, the club will be making money which will not be put back into signing players, however small. As if 30m+ is not enough profit.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the sums

say 4000 away fans (ave) of which 75% will be season ticket holders or members already I would reckon, of the rest (1,000) probably half get tickets from mates who are St holders or members. That leaves 500

500 x £25 = £12,500

BTW £12,500 (or even double it) wouldn't go near the cost of setting up and administering a scheme to "vet" none ST's or members (that ST/Members system presumably already exists).

I'm sorry but I'm coming to the conclusion that you're a bit of a wanker. Until this announcement, you could buy an away ticket if they hadn't already sold out to ST holders/members first. Now this will not be the case and like L7 last year you'll have to be either a ST holder or a member (£20-£25?) to be there/buy one. What's to like about it? Only someone as yourself could laud it to be honest, unless we have a deep underlying hooligan problem at our away games as Leeds once did and which is why they did the same thing about 1990-ish then I'd say this is jumping on a situation to put one over the support, gain control over who goes to games and puts us in our place with the added attraction of a bit of extra revenue to go into the club. Would you say there's a need for NUFC to do this? (Be honest and don't be a prick, though.)

As offensive as the evaporation of the singing section, after Ashley's very own Frankenstein's Monster/creation turned against him. There's a real pointedness, against the supporter, in the way this lot deals with it's paying customers.

As well as being an opportunistic money grab i think it's a kick to the bollocks for the growing number of 'protest supporters', those who are voicing their unrest at the clubs running by limiting their own financial support, albeit in a calculated way. I speak of the bloke (or lass) who already has (or is planning to) jacked in his/her ST, will only attend away games, and will pick & choose when it comes to home fixtures - only buying a ticket at the gate from now on, and generally fucking off the club when it comes to shelling out that extra little bit for otherwise mostly useless perks.

It's another confrontational move by an abrasive & aggressive operator, by that i refer to the Ashley M.O. which has been raised before. I wouldn't put it past this bloke/Ashley (and his court jester, Dekka) and perhaps it is a pre-emptive strike (to maintain ST numbers & revenue) to counter any potential & future enmasse supporter protest, thanks to what must be a growing chorus of anger at this lot when taking into account recent club statements and what is going on in relation to the distribution of the Carroll Money, or more to the point it being eroded by the cost of wages/agent fees (ie. those ludicrously expensive FREE transfers) and improving training facilities/basic club running costs.

This was probably on the cards tbh, and they've used what is a pretty isolated incident to justify their actions - certainly as a well thought out act of damage limitation on the part club's hierarchy, as more pennies continue to drop, and more supporters make the pained choice of giving the club the heave'ho (and hitting Ashley in the hip pocket), whether that be out of spite, or for what they/the supporter believes to be a moral-based decision/protest for a greater good.

Edited by Year Zero

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

I'm sorry but I'm coming to the conclusion that you're a bit of a wanker. Until this announcement, you could buy an away ticket if they hadn't already sold out to ST holders/members first. Now this will not be the case and like L7 last year you'll have to be either a ST holder or a member (£20-£25?) to be there/buy one. What's to like about it? Only someone as yourself could laud it to be honest, unless we have a deep underlying hooligan problem at our away games as Leeds once did and which is why they did the same thing about 1990-ish then I'd say this is jumping on a situation to put one over the support, gain control over who goes to games and puts us in our place with the added attraction of a bit of extra revenue to go into the club. Would you say there's a need for NUFC to do this? (Be honest and don't be a prick, though.)

Where the fuck did I laud it" ??? Really.

It may not be the "best way" to handle the situation, but the way it's being painted is as some machiavelian money making scam, the mathematics above don't support that, that's all I felt needed pointing out, the issue is blown out of all proportion IMO.

Is there a need for the club to do this, I really have no view either way. It's a nothing decision IMO, if they'd said members and ST holders couldn't buy tickets for anyone but themselves and forced anyone else down this route that'd be different. They haven't though, non members can still go so long as the ticket is bought my a member/ST holder.

Darlo was a disgrace and it appears mainly caused by non-regulars, this appears the simplest and most cost effective way to get any "non regulars" who want to go away "on the radar" - because the membership scheme already exists. (As pointed out in my first post, setting up something else just wouldn't be viable from either the cost point of view or because of the tiny number of people this actually effects).

Be interesting to see how many people just instantly fork this cash over.

"We've done it again, Mike. The stupidity of these people never ceases to amaze me. We can do whatever we want to them."

Post solo!

Thinking about how much money this will actually generate, it's gonna be minimal. They'll have done the sums on it obviously but I can't imagine there are more than a couple of thousand people that this affects. The worst thing about it is that it's basically a "hooligan tax".

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

It may not be the "best way" to handle the situation, but the way it's being painted is as some machiavelian money making scam, the mathematics above don't support that, that's all I felt needed pointing out, the issue is blown out of all proportion IMO.

Is there a need for the club to do this, I really have no view either way. It's a nothing decision IMO, if they'd said members and ST holders couldn't buy tickets for anyone but themselves and forced anyone else down this route that'd be different. They haven't though, non members can still go so long as the ticket is bought my a member/ST holder.

Darlo was a disgrace and it appears mainly caused by non-regulars, this appears the simplest and most cost effective way to get any "non regulars" who want to go away "on the radar" - because the membership scheme already exists. (As pointed out in my first post, setting up something else just wouldn't be viable from either the cost point of view or because of the tiny number of people this actually effects).

They could have just made it so that away tickets can only be bought online. That way they have name an addresses for everyone, along with their seat info, without charging anyone this naughty boy tax.

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

There's basically no need to do this but it's a 'nothing decision' to you. Fair enough, it's just another one to go with the L7 one where they made it ST/members only before eventually shutting it down. These 'nothing decisions' add up and put the supporter right in their place. A non-ST holder isn't necessarily a non-regular either.

Guest Your Name Here

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

They could have just made it so that away tickets can only be bought online. That way they have name an addresses for everyone, along with their seat info, without charging anyone this naughty boy tax.

They might as well as have licked each other’s bell-ends for all difference this absurd decision will make.

Taking derbies out of the equation, when was the last time NUFC supporters invaded the pitch at a Premier League game?

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is as much to do with the stick he got off fans at Darlington as the bother at the game (obviously the latter provided the excuse though).

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

They'd have a billing address and that's all, not necessarily the "person"

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

There's basically no need to do this but it's a 'nothing decision' to you. Fair enough, it's just another one to go with the L7 one where they made it ST/members only before eventually shutting it down. These 'nothing decisions' add up and put the supporter right in their place. A non-ST holder isn't necessarily a non-regular either.

When will football supporters realise they are not, and have not been for decades, of any consequence to football.

You'll still go as will tens of thousands of others. In the grand scheme of things this is a flea bite. That is and was my only point.

Do the sums

500 x £25 = £12,500

When will football supporters realise they are not, and have not been for decades, of any consequence to football.

You'll still go as will tens of thousands of others. In the grand scheme of things this is a flea bite. That is and was my only point.

I really don't want to say this [and be accused of derailing the thread] but it is relevant. When will you and others like you, take what you say in your first line and apply it to everybody. The previous regime, AT LEAST, gave us a good football team to support, quality footballers, european football etc, massive expansion of the club, and still people hate them. Why ?

When will people like you stop moving the goalposts as per the "dislike" or "like" of the owner, which is completely irrelevant, and realise that having a good team on the pitch is all that matters ? , and Mike Ashley will NEVER give us a good team on that football pitch.

If the previous regime was doing this, you and others would be stringing them up from the nearest lampost etc, but at least they backed their managers and gave them financial backing to put good football teams together

I won't get dragged into a big discussion again, but it needed pointing out, it does on lots of other occasions too which is why I do it, but I'll try not to go too far down this road, although it would help if people accepted this point instead of arguing against it.

Edited by LeazesMag

You cannot possibly be a football fan if you're saying that. What a cunt.

You cannot have a brain if you think otherwise.

All anyone involved in football thinks about is £££'s all the supporters represent is a few more £££'s given the scale of the TV deals, image rights etc the £££'s those supporters represent is less important.

Look at ticket prices man!

You cannot possibly be a football fan if you're saying that. What a cunt.

You cannot have a brain if you think otherwise.

All anyone involved in football thinks about is £££'s all the supporters represent is a few more £££'s given the scale of the TV deals, image rights etc the £££'s those supporters represent is less important.

Look at ticket prices man!

You cannot have any kind of empathy for your fellow fan if you think there's something wrong with them having a legitimate complaint about this. I'd put money on it that whatever your role is at work it's management. You seem the type.

Guest Your Name Here
He is spot on, despite his enduring opportunism.

Is he? On ticket sales alone our match day revenues account for about 25% of turnover, then there’s all the other merchandise match-goers buy. The importance of TV revenues has increased massively but the audiences for live games would plummet if matches were played in front of empty stadiums.

Supporters always have been and always will be the most important part of football. What’s changed in recent years is their own view of their own worth, with many buying the bullshit and writing themselves off as a powerless irrelevance.