Sporting Kansas City 0-0 Newcastle United

Nobby

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got a feeling ben arfa is going to be yet another newcastle player that arrives with a big reputation but ends up spending more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

i've got a feeling ben arfa is going to be yet another newcastle player that arrives with a big reputation but ends up spending more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

Fuck's sake man. He's been put out of action by two poor tackles.

Fuck's sake man. He's been put out of action by two poor tackles.

i know, not blaming the player in any way. it's just exactly the kind of thing that always seems to happen to us when we sign a top player. it would be typical if he ended up crocked for the majority of his contract.

I think the tackle was terrible - but I think Ben Arfa will be fine.

The club doctor said he was fine but I reckon with Hatem specifically they will be very over sensitive to his injuries.

Kansas haven't included the tackle in their highlights - so it must be bad.

Or not bad at all.

It's either one or the other.

Anyone who carries the ball like Ben Arfa does is likely to pick up more injuries over a career tbf. Certainly in the Prem anyway.

Anyone who carries the ball like Ben Arfa does is likely to pick up more injuries over a career tbf. Certainly in the Prem anyway.

Jonas is a ball carrier and gets kicked to pieces too.

There's some stock of shite posted in here mind :lol: Messi anyone?

Doesn't negate the point at all.

I'm speaking in generalities, and it's true to say that if your game is like Ben Arfa's (ie dribbling with the ball at pace), you are more likely to be on the end of tackles which can cause you injury. By and large, you're in possession more, tackles are easier to miss time and the impact will be greater.

Messi is a much better player, plays in a much better team (passing options) and plays in a league where that sort of player is given much more protection from the type of tackles that have laid up Ben Arfa.

Tbh like, when you're trying to expose flaws in an argument, it's rarely a good idea to use the world's best player as your point of comparison.

I'm speaking in generalities, and it's true to say that if your game is like Ben Arfa's (ie dribbling with the ball at pace), you are more likely to be on the end of tackles which can cause you injury. By and large, you're in possession more, tackles are easier to miss time and the impact will be greater.

Messi is a much better player, plays in a much better team (passing options) and plays in a league where that sort of player is given much more protection from the type of tackles that have laid up Ben Arfa.

Tbh like, when you're trying to expose flaws in an argument, it's rarely a good idea to use the world's best player as your point of comparison.

especially when you consider that Messi does tend to get the absolute shit kicked out of him, hes been one of if the not most fouled player in the champions league for the last few seasons but a mixture of luck and his supreme ability to ride tackles carries him through

Messi also had to have hormone treatments as a child to stimulate his growth; Barcelona provided this at their top facilities which included coating his skeleton with titanium steel. He has a more plodding dribbling style than HBA which means he is less susceptible to injury, whereas HBA is dainty-footed and has smaller bones which are more brittle. I think these are some really strong points.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Ronaldo, Taarabt, Jonas, Duff in his prime, Gillespie. You're still talking shite. The speed a player runs with the ball has fuck all to do with his succeptability to injury. Shola's like a cart horse and he gets his fair share of injuries.

You're average CM will get tackled more than Ben Arfa, look at how hard Parker gets hit in the tackle. It's down to an individuals musco-skeletal make up as to how much they get injured.

Ronaldo, Taarabt, Jonas, Duff in his prime, Gillespie. You're still talking shite. The speed a player runs with the ball has fuck all to do with his succeptability to injury. Shola's like a cart horse and he gets his fair share of injuries.

You're average CM will get tackled more than Ben Arfa, look at how hard Parker gets hit in the tackle. It's down to an individuals musco-skeletal make up as to how much they get injured.

I don't remember saying it was the only factor, and as KSA rightly points out if the player is made of titanium steel, that also has a bearing. :D

If you're honestly debating the fact of a potential heightened risk factor though I think you're making yourself look daft.