New Car

Ally

Getting a BMW 1 Series this weekend, has anyone got one? Seems a canny car for the money. My Dad keeps banging on that you can't drive it in the winter because of rear wheel drive....?!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a massive generalisation - BMW drivers are proper bell-bottoms .

Many a motorist won't argue with that .

Also note that owning a BMW doesn't automatically validate childless drivers arrogantly using parent & child supermarket parking spaces .

Also if that 'LUKE' private reg ballsac from the coast, that runs that shit Luke van hire company that drives a grey DB8, but has turned into the equivalent of an asian's Subaru by putting red callipers on it and who does the above is reading this, it applies to you too you twat .

Excuse the ignorance but why do they build them like that then? Seems a bit daft

I don't know much about cars, but I think it's a sports performance thing. I've got a couple of mates who drive them who had to abandon their cars a few times last winter. If these colder winters are here to stay, a bmw is gonna be a bad choice.

You could do what I do and completely wimp out of driving in snow (even though I have a sort of golf).

I don't see how 10 days a year are that much of an issue to affect a car choice.

You could do what I do and completely wimp out of driving in snow (even though I have a sort of golf).

I don't see how 10 days a year are that much of an issue to affect a car choice.

It's way more than 10 days. It was snowing for more days than that, and then the compacted ice hung around for fucking ages.

That's what I usually do and Im a Taxi driver!

As a massive generalisation - BMW drivers are proper bell-bottoms .

:lol: This was one of the reasons why I chose an Audi A3 over a BMW 1 series when I last changed my car!

Sorry Gloomy, I don't want to defecate on your parade but I must concur; they tailgate on the motorway far more than any other drivers. Indicator's seemingly an optional extra on BMWs too.

what color bmw is it if its a black one thats tipical male drivers they drive round like they own the road just cause they have a exspensive car wow woopie doo. il take that back if im wrong

New white Audi A3 coming end of August, Mrs car so can't complain about the colour. Have a VW Golf at the minute, one if the best cars I've ever driven. Would near keep it as a second car.

Wifes on the verge of getting one of these lease cars through the NHS.

From what I can see, it appears a canny deal / prices etc and she can basically have a new car that comes with road tax, free servicing and free insurance for about £20 more than she is currently paying just to insure her car.

She has narrowed it down to a Seat Leon, VW Polo (both virtually the same car), or the new Yaris which is properly unveiled in two weeks time.

Have suggested she looks at stuff like the note etc and other super minis but she aint having it so far.

New white Audi A3 coming end of August, Mrs car so can't complain about the colour. Have a VW Golf at the minute, one if the best cars I've ever driven. Would near keep it as a second car.

like i said earlier, the a3 is a golf, just nice shell/interior

Thats what the salesman said too..