New Car

Ally

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse the ignorance but why do they build them like that then? Seems a bit daft

that is something I've always wondered too ? I've never bought one, and that is one of the reasons why

Wifes on the verge of getting one of these lease cars through the NHS.

From what I can see, it appears a canny deal / prices etc and she can basically have a new car that comes with road tax, free servicing and free insurance for about £20 more than she is currently paying just to insure her car.

She has narrowed it down to a Seat Leon, VW Polo (both virtually the same car), or the new Yaris which is properly unveiled in two weeks time.

Have suggested she looks at stuff like the note etc and other super minis but she aint having it so far.

I bought a new Yaris 18 months ago, I don't bomb down motorways etc much anymore, so the miles I do etc, it may last me for years and may be the last car I ever buy.

And I like it.

I've got one. A 1 Series, that is. Bought it a couple of months ago.

Wor lass fancied one, and as I don't really give a shite about cars I got it. I had heard about the winter driving stuff but thinking of getting some winter tyres and the thought that BMW are nearly all rear-drive cars and are immensely popular so things can't be that bad.

Anyway, as someone pointed out earlier, we've got the free three year stuff and road tax of £30 !!

Bought a new one this morning. I know quite a few BMW drivers who got winter tyres and said it drives really well so taken the punt. Can't wait to see the back of our Citroen c2!

From what I can see, it appears a canny deal / prices etc and she can basically have a new car that comes with road tax, free servicing and free insurance for about £20 more than she is currently paying just to insure her car.

She has narrowed it down to a Seat Leon, VW Polo (both virtually the same car), or the new Yaris which is properly unveiled in two weeks time.

Have suggested she looks at stuff like the note etc and other super minis but she aint having it so far.

Bullshit, our lass works for the council and gets the same deal, its not that cheap.

Why do you feel the need to consistently lie, is it because you drive taxis?

Bullshit, our lass works for the council and gets the same deal, its not that cheap.

See this where I would normally reply "why do you argue so much, is it small man syndrome", but let's face it, it's pretty boring patter on both sides.

I know little about the deal other than the list of top 25 cars and prices she brought home, has several cars in the group she is looking at for £93.

She is currently going through the quoting process for the models / spec listed above so has no final price as yet and I have no idea whether the £93 includes vat or not.

Only thing I do know is that if it's a lot more than £93, she won't be getting one.

Why would you get a new car? 20k on some impractical bm, loses half its value as soon as you drive out of the showroom.

You could be driving one of these for 19.5k less.

250px-Fiat_Cinquecento_front_20081127.jpg

it was in the used section but was pre-registered, 11 plate with only delivery mileage on the clock (30 miles). £8k cheaper than a brand brand new one.

See this where I would normally reply "why do you argue so much, is it small man syndrome", but let's face it, it's pretty boring patter on both sides.

I know little about the deal other than the list of top 25 cars and prices she brought home, has several cars in the group she is looking at for £93.

She is currently going through the quoting process for the models / spec listed above so has no final price as yet and I have no idea whether the £93 includes vat or not.

Only thing I do know is that if it's a lot more than £93, she won't be getting one.

Dont forget to take into account the Tax and NI gains as well. The £93 a month is really only £63.24 a month.

Dont forget to take into account the Tax and NI gains as well. The £93 a month is really only £63.24 a month.

Really?

So is that extra money she'll get monthly or do you have to claim Bach at year end?

Of course not telling her any of this or she'll be getting ideas above her station :icon_lol:

Community nurses get much better deals on lease cars. My mother is in the higher banding and was paying £90 PM all in for a top spec bmw 1series. She could have had a mini diesel for £60 pm

Aye, she's on the community team, but a nursery nurse rather than a nurse.

It looks a cracking deal mind compared to normal lease prices .

Scirocco wins “AutoBild Design Award 2008”

More than 40,000 readers of “AutoBild” magazine have decided: Volkswagen’s new Scirocco is the best looking car in the sports car and coupé category.

40'000 car enthusiasts disagree