New Car

Ally

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1 series which I have driven for 18 months. I had no problems this winter. Couple of weights in the back and i was sorted. I even started rescuing my work mate who had a golf.

I love the rear wheel drive and the car just keeps on going.

A survey said the 1 series was the number 1 used car to buy due to reliability, holding value and desirable.

Unfortunately Audi has now became the new cocks of the road!

Why would you get a new car? 20k on some impractical bm, loses half its value as soon as you drive out of the showroom.

You could be driving one of these for 19.5k less.

250px-Fiat_Cinquecento_front_20081127.jpg

Perfect match.

Dont forget to take into account the Tax and NI gains as well. The £93 a month is really only £63.24 a month.

Really?

So is that extra money she'll get monthly or do you have to claim Bach at year end?

Of course not telling her any of this or she'll be getting ideas above her station :icon_lol:

Its in her wages.

Salary Sacrifice comes out before tax and NI therefore she will have £93 less Taxable Pay.

Ive assumed 20% tax band and standard rate NI therefore she will save 33% of £93.

I had about 50-60kg of weight in the boot as a counter balance. Also tread depth helps. I had about 6mm left on mine. I was in Edinburgh which has various inclines and managed to survive. I was even giving people lifts!

What 1 series did you get?

Good choice, the 118D is a good engine and is a 2litre unit which BMW used as 1.9 diesels are pretty gutless. You can get yours remapped to produce about 35bhp more and bring it to the level of the 120d. If you haven't driven it off the forecourt then check the back screen wiper at the washer bottles tend to clog up.

The new F20 1series is due out in September however it's looks have went down like a lead balloon. I am thinking of getting the 135i if I get a job closer to home.

Enjoy your car mate!

I have a 1 series which I have driven for 18 months. I had no problems this winter.

So you have to put patio slabs, dead people, or bags of sand in the back and that's no hassle?

Regardless, it was very noticeable how many BMWs were stuck in the road or wrapped round a lamp post last winter.

Woah woah, i might be a bit receding as i'm in my 33rd year but i've still got a full head, thick as fuck anarl i'll have you know. Just your lass wasnt too happy i keep shaving it, gives her nowt to grab on to when i'm down south giving it the Hannibal Lecter tongue!

Heavy on the juice and cost a fortune to get serviced...stay clear

I get 55 mpg in my 1.5 TD Megane and me mothers got a saab convertible and it gets 44 mpg so for a 1.9 its not so bad.

I just know my pal had one and around the doors it was thirsty as owt. Also the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree one day and he had to take it to the dealers to get it sorted, he sold it not long after.

Shite for holding their price as well apparently.

I have a 1 series which I have driven for 18 months. I had no problems this winter.

So you have to put patio slabs, dead people, or bags of sand in the back and that's no hassle?

Regardless, it was very noticeable how many BMWs were stuck in the road or wrapped round a lamp post last winter.

Compared to my mates golf which he spent 1 hour trying to get out a street, my BMW cruised down it with no bother. I also encountered another one I needed to push to get it going along. A quick 2 mins of loading the back was fuck all really.

I think a fair few cars were stuck never mind a BMW!