New Car

Ally

Woah woah, i might be a bit receding as i'm in my 33rd year but i've still got a full head, thick as fuck anarl i'll have you know. Just your lass wasnt too happy i keep shaving it, gives her nowt to grab on to when i'm down south giving it the Hannibal Lecter tongue!

:icon_lol:

Predictable.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You fuckers can have your bloody Golfs, I'm through with mine - broken down again tonight for the umpteenth time. Getting a long list...

* Exhaust Recirc Valve packed up

* Flywheel exploded

* Stereo melted itself

* Aircon compressor seized

* and now the auxillary belt tensioner sheered off!!

Thank fuck it's a company car and I don't have to pay for it - not having another one though. No Audis on our list so it'll either be a 1-Series or a Mini Countryman for me...

Why the fuck do you people not drive Subarus or even at a stretch Hondas!

Nice cars, Japanese made and reliable.

Because they cost a bomb to insure mainly (the scoobies), and a lot do drive civics and cr-v's

i've a hyundai at least asian

That would only be the ones with hair dryers, the normally aspirated 2.5L Imprezza would have to be cheaper than a 1 series, A3 or Golf.

Subaru? My missus would leave me if I joined the chav brigade. Plus I would feel left out if I didn't get the big bore exhaust so everyone could hear me.

Honda's are mainly boring to drive.

BMW for me, it's a good car for day to do but still have a little bit of oomph to give you an adrenaline rush. Take the DTC off and go country road drive! Magic!

Mini countryman? For shame!

Thank fuck it's a company car and I don't have to pay for it - not having another one though. No Audis on our list so it'll either be a 1-Series or a Mini Countryman for me...

You might as well just cut your bollocks off now

You fuckers can have your bloody Golfs, I'm through with mine - broken down again tonight for the umpteenth time. Getting a long list...

* Exhaust Recirc Valve packed up

* Flywheel exploded

* Stereo melted itself

* Aircon compressor seized

* and now the auxillary belt tensioner sheered off!!

good god no!

I was in a bad mood last night, forgive me ^_^ I wouldn't have one of them things if it was the last car on earth - it'll no doubt be another golf or the BMW. Depends on where I move to and how accessible it is in bad weather.

On reflection it seems that the car is not the issue but the twat at the VW garage who over-tighten the nut on the tensioner. Dickhead has obviously not been introduced to the concept of a torque wrench.

Stupid tit also forgot to re-cap the aircon system valves as well - both caps sitting pretty on the bulkhead. At that point he gave up trying to explain himself worm his way out of it and just admitted he'd fucked up.

My lass got a tire replaced at KwikFit. Driving down the A19 there's this almighty racket, and she pulls over to find that there are only two nuts holding the tire on and neither have been tightened.

Anyway, she contacted the bloke at KwikFit to basically say "You're a bunch of fucking clowns and I want my money back for this". The manager tells her that for him to provide a full refund, he has to tell someone at Head Office why he's providing a refund, and that if he tells them what happened, the lad that did the work would lose his job. Then in not so many words said "So do you want to be responsible for someone losing their job?" ^_^

She was too soft and ended up getting them to agree to some other free shit, but what a twat's trick.

How long ago was that Gemmill? I'd sling the buzz phrase 'Corporate Social Responsibility' their way as it seems to stick a lot these days. Some fucker will end up seriously injured or dead if twats like that are able to carry on without recourse. But if they want a corporate manslaughter case on their hands (firly rooted at the branch manager tbh) then let them carry on as they were.

Tyre fitters are relatively well paid - there's a good fucking reason for it, it's a skilled job.

I can changes tyres competently and I'm a complete moron. That's absolutely fucking shocking. The most shocking thing of all however, is that your lass didn't get this idiot sacked, which may result in the deaths of many people*. I think you should probably get rid of her on this basis, clearly not up to much.

*What if he does the same on a school bus or a minivan for a nunnery?

Once left a garage after they had completed some work, got up to about 45mph and the bonnet suddenly flew up smashing the windscreen, totally Gérard Depardieud my view, obviously. Slightly alarming in rush hour traffic.

They tried to suggest I should have checked it before driving off. Aye, rightio.

• 1 month later...

agree with ant about getting out, a lesson a week is fine if youve got parents or someone who'll go out with you a few times as well, its how I did it, one proper lesson and out for a bit with my dad every day before my test

must be doing alright for yourself in McDonalds being about to spend 300+ on 12 driving lessons a month

Student loan through next week bud

agree with ant about getting out, a lesson a week is fine if youve got parents or someone who'll go out with you a few times as well, its how I did it, one proper lesson and out for a bit with my dad every day before my test

Won't have someone to take me out so im looking to get as many lessons as possible

for no apparent reason the test was one of the most nerve wrecking thing's i've done, and i'm normally grand for tests/interviews and the like.

I was fine on the practical, I was shitting myself before the theory though

it was luck that got me through the hazard perception, one of the most flawed ideas going is the HP test