Oslo bombed

Happy Face

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sympathy for Norway as a country, naturally, and very grateful to hear that the people I know over there are OK (and of course my fella would choose this long weekend to visit the place :icon_lol:). Bit disturbed though that Twitter and various forums seem to be turning into a game of "ooh, I've just heard that even more people have died!". Not entirely pleasant.

about 2 hours after the bombing, 1 "white tall nordic man, dressed in police uniform", moved onto an island outside Oslo, where about 400 kids 15-20ish were having a camp of some sort. He started shooting a machine gun, and 10 are now confirmed dead, rumour is its 2-3 times that number. Its one thing attacking a target like the government building for whatever fucked up reason you might have, its another to shoot against fleeing children with the gun in your hand. A hanging is too good for him.

Having lurked these forums for a few years now, almost adding nothing to the discussions because my points are usually conveyed by someone else.

However, being part norwegian and part scottish and having lived my entire life in Norway I felt this was something I could actually contribute to.

The summary is basically that one man, named and shamed on the newspapers on the net as Anders Behring Breivik, 32 years of age has first gone to plant a bomb in the government block of Oslo then drive 6-7 miles out to the Utøya dressed as a policeofficer and basically just opened fire on unsuspecting children and young adults. People threw themselves into the ocean to try and swim to the other side, some drowned but most made it.

However, the people who attempted to do that later on in the event was hunted down by the madman and shot in the back as they were swimming for their lives. There's been some pretty graphic pictures where one shows around 15 kids lying around in a pool of blood, one kid begging for his life as the gunman walks towards him with an automatic rifle.

"Fortunately" for me and my family, we have no close relatives in the area or friends, but its still a truly shocking event as these kinds of things have been non-existant in Norway. Undoubtedly the biggest tragedy Norway has experienced since World War II and something that will live long in the memory of every norwegian.

I cant imagine what sort of person would go ballistic on unsuspecting children who've never done him any harm. The theory is that he had something against the government and wanted them to suffer. I can understand him then taking it out on the government block in Oslo, but kids down to 14-20 years of age cant have done him any harm what so ever and it just completely eludes me how disfunctional his head must be.

There isnt a punishment in the world severe enough for what he has done, I'd love to say let him watch as his family is murdered but its not their fault, he grew up in a normal home, parents who cared about him. Some people are just born with these things, and the faster we can identify whatever makes people do these things - the better.

Sleep has been somewhat of a luxury tonight the few minutes I've had, but for a nation and a people like Norway this isnt like anything we're used to. This is officially the biggest mass-murder by one person in the history of the world, and it was almost only kids.

What a world we live in.

edit: for people with strong stomachs and I hope I'm not breaking any forum rule: http://i.imgur.com/5PUAv.jpg

Edited by ghoulert

I've been to work all night so have missed nearly all of this. So it's one nutter and not some religous fanatics? As you say, there's no punishment that fits the deed. I wish these fuckers would just turn the gun on themselves first. :icon_lol:

Thanks for the support guys.

Yeah, only one madman with right wing extremist opinions apparently.

Been some speculation that he was "hired" by middle-eastern groups, but to me that just sounds to far-fetched to be true.

Do they have the bloke in custody? They're not reporting anything about what happened to the gunman on the coverage I'm watching. Masquerading as a policeman and telling kids he was there to help, then shooting them. What a horrible bastard.

The footage of the island is awful. Young kids hugging one another with covered bodies lying all over the place. :icon_lol: I don't understand how more didn't die in the bomb blast in Oslo either - the damage and all the debris lying on the streets makes it look like it should have done some serious damage.

He is in custody and will be questioned in a few hours. The reason the bomb didnt do more damage is that the government departments have vacations in the same periode, there wasnt many people at work, just the necessary amount to keep the place going, it was also about an hour after office hours.

Speculation is the bomb was merely a distraction and was planned to go off with as little casualties as possible so he'd get the police occupied whilst he went to Utøya.

Theres a video on a norwegian newspaper showing teenagers being pulled from the sea, and kids being put into body bags, absolutely fucking disgusting.

Also questions being raised about the time it took the police to make their move. Myself included, I dont understand how a person is allowed to shoot for almost 2 hours before he is stopped by the police, had it been me in that position as a police officer, I would've told rules and regulations to go fuck themselves and gather 10 men in a boat with guns, and get the fucker down. Had action been swifter the casualties would've been significantly lowered; I'm absolutely 100% certain of it.