The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

Enjoyed Oblivion and it's been awhile since there was a new Elder Scrolls game. Looks absolutely mint!

Although I hope they don't spend the voice acting budget on Sean Bean and Patrick Stuart so that there's only 3 other voice actors again. :icon_lol:

Anyone else looking forward to this?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really need to buy Oblivion, might have a deeks in Graingers when I leave work, Ive heard nowt but good things about it, plus i loved the Fallout's and a mate or two say its a wee bit similar to them

Think Lord of the Rings meets Fallout and you're pretty much there. Quality game.

• 2 months later...

just since its not been mentioned in this thread, played a fairly early build (no dragons :( ) at eurogamer and for any unsure about it, it is utterly gobsmackingly good

well if its owt like oblivion then the difficulty slider will make a difference

that and I kept getting killed in the demo despite having played oblivion to death

they are really different experiences though to be honest, if youve played fallout 3 or new vegas its more sword + sorcery fallout than dragon age style

the new engine work theyve done is gorgeous though, much prettier than the previous generation bethesda RPGs and it is actually a little bit stunning the first time you do the flip to map thing and the camera just pulls straight out to show you the entire world without leaving the engine its all rendered in real time

Edited by Semimental

by the chosen QA guy having a race with the chosen Dev team guy, apparently bethesda do this whenever they finish a game

I want to work there, and for reference, when they did it with oblivion it took about an hour and 15 mins

Edited by Semimental

I'd love to work for them too, but I don't think they'd want project managers from the construction trade. ;) Seems like a developer that's going places mind, have yet to play a game of theirs that disappointed.

Basic storylines to the Bethesda/Obsidian games are never really too long anyway. Even though they made the game, it's still a pretty insane time to complete it in!

much as it pains me to say it, it might be one to miss then, its definitely bringing elements from Fallout but its obviously more Oblivion

on the other hand I am pants wettingly excited about it and if youre not then you have no taste :P;)

much as it pains me to say it, it might be one to miss then, its definitely bringing elements from Fallout but its obviously more Oblivion

on the other hand I am pants wettingly excited about it and if youre not then you have no taste :P;)

It just looks boring mate.

Wife is going away for long weekend soon so looking for something to keep me occupied and wondering whether i spend £20 on Dragonage ultimate edition than risk this for £40

Wife is going away for long weekend soon so looking for something to keep me occupied and wondering whether i spend £20 on Dragonage ultimate edition than risk this for £40

Go for it man. £40 is nothing mate. ;)

Go for it man. £40 is nothing mate. ;)

HAHA good point it is nothing. Think i'll try Dragon Age though as it looks like you get shed loads of DLC with it.