The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

yeh, once you get past that inital slightly overwhelming feeling of the size of the world and the stuff to do it becomes a total timesink, thereve been some good games this year but this is the first since fallout 3 that has given me a "oh its THAT time already" moment where hours have just disappeared

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best way to go about being a mage? Being a battle mage? Would I need to have some sort of weapon in my hand other than a bow to have a realistic chance of coming out of most fights alive?

Just as a general question - what have people on here chosen to be?

(Apologies for all the questions! Making up in my own mind whether to pick this up today or not..)

Aye, thats the one thing that lets the game down for me, a sub-standard UI. Might be ok with a console controller, but there's no excuse for not having a decent PC UI in this day and age. Hopefully the modders will do a better one sooner or later, like they did with Obilvion.

Hit level 7 and just got into all the guilds, so many quests its unreal! Just done a small bit of mining which i'm strangely enjoying atm. Unfortunatly haven't really delved into smithing or anything like that, did a few jobs around the forge but thats about it. Im a full on mage though who uses destruction, conjuration and restoration weapons are for pussies ;) . Usually have a destruction spell on the right trigger and healing or conjuration spell for a flame atronach in the other (they are amazing). But yeah Nyff I have yet to use a weapon yet, so its possible not to use one, what I lack on full frontal assault I make up for conjuring other creatures, which works great. Best game ever. If you don't have this, you're missing out big time.

Initiation into the Dark Brotherhood :wank:

EDIT: About the companions, I walked into some random bar in Riverwood, and told some random guy to follow me and so he does! Never spoke to him and he fights for me. I seen the part about telling him where to go and stuff but never really fiddled about with it yet.

Edited by Inglez

My tactic of just hitting everything until it falls down has been undone by Snow Trolls.

I need to start smithing like if I'm going to be pumping points into One Handed, Block and my armour. How creepy is that kid's house who kickstarts the Dark Brotherhood btw, Inglez?

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Getting stuck into it a bit now. Going for a pure mage type guy. Only level four but seem to be progressing quite nicely. Enjoying being able to summon up the dead to fight for me and the general power of the magic. Unsure I'm doing things 'right' and can't find many decent robes, but I assume I will progress nicely when I get to the mage's guild.

Is there an easier way to quick-equip things rather than pressing up and cycling through options, btw?

hold left or right on the dpad on whatever you want to assign to that button

Is there a certain level I should look to be before going off on my own? Not even necessarily doing side quests right now, just sort of wandering about discovering things. If there is ever an enemy too difficult for me then I just summon up some creature to take the pain and leg it...

powerleveled blacksmithing, 2scales off a full set of dragon armor.... level 20 as well now from just leveling the trade

companions....i don't need no stinking companions

Ive just finished doing that myself, powered the crap out of it to 100

going to make my dragon armour then I need to get to work on enchanting it

Hang on, I know this must be massively late, but first person? How the hell does that work with combat with swords and shit?!

(I have never played morrowind before, so excuse the complete lack of any knowledge, kinda just assumed it was like NWN/BG/DA:O etc)